• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dee Ford was fucking dogshit until last season, and even then he single handedly ended the season for us. He's trash and I'm glad they didn't pay him. Justin Houston has been hurt garbage ever since he got paid. I wish people would get off this narrative that the Chiefs D is worse without them. You could have plugged any old scrubs into their positions over the last three seasons and got basically the same results. Fuck'em.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Touche lol.

I like the trade, I know some won't...really think both teams made out.
I wouldn't even say they created a need by trading Ford. He was a square peg in Spags scheme. He used Kiwanuka as a strongside backer in the 07 season but that's only to get the best players on the field. Strahan, Tuck and Osi at end. It was a great move to get value for him especially for this draft.

Oct 27, 2017

screen-shot-2017-09-27-at-5-41-05-pm-copy.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Again. Stafford will die playing football.

I don't think there's ever been a question about Staffords commitment personally but.. there are lots of noises about work ethic and commitment coming out of The Lions now that are refreshing after last year. A nice change from who is and isn't "buying into" Patricia..

As for Kelly, as someone who has helped loved ones through surgery before I can almost picture exactly how the conversation went. He's probably desperate to be there for her. She's desperate to do right by him. And at this stage of her recovery, there's probably almost nothing he can do for her and is probably starting to fuss a little. Realising the support network they have, she's probably told him to get his ask back to work and to get his head back into some sort of normality and routine. I think it says more about the internet that some folks go straight to "should be there for his wife!" and spin this into a negative.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Lmao what is this Bucs WR claiming? That the Cards won't take Murray? Any credibility to this?

If the Cards do pass up on him, the draft will be utter chaos. Where does he go then? Giants? DC? Bengals?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Niners are going to be relatively pissed if the Cards do (and I think they will) pass on Murray.

Or pissed until they realize they can trade down.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Niners are going to be relatively pissed if the Cards do (and I think they will) pass on Murray.

Or pissed until they realize they can trade down.
If the Cards pass on Murray I'm pretty sure the 9ers will be elated.

They can trade down a few slots (maybe Giants or Raiders?[I don't know how sold Gruden is on Carr]) and still pick up a top pass rusher. That is of course if Allen is still no the board at 6.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the Cards pass on Murray I'm pretty sure the 9ers will be elated.

They can trade down a few slots (maybe Giants or Raiders?[I don't know how sold Gruden is on Carr]) and still pick up a top pass rusher. That is of course if Allen is still no the board at 6.

I was thinking that. I'll be ecstatic if we trade down with Raiders #4. Allen/QWill and extra picks.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty, while trading down has kind of become a meme at this point I think we're likely to do so — especially if Kyler doesn't go number one. And I don't even think it'll be to add to this year's capital so much as it would be to fleece someone for their 2020 first rounder.

We already have 2. That's decent enough leverage to get whatever the QB target is next draft, but add a third first round pick and there's almost zero questions. You land your franchise QB and generate a ton of hype going into Vegas. Of course, that hinges on Derek not being able to rise back to his ceiling this year, but I'm fairly certain this is the ideal insurance policy for the position and there's a good chance it's something that Mark Davis is pushing for behind the scenes. Worse comes to worst you stick with Derek and you still have 3 first rounders to build with next season which ain't no bad thing.

Are we doing a draft thread or no?

As long as I have somewhere to post expletives when we fuck this up I don't care.

Edit: and I think something that doesn't get written about enough in the clickbait articles and hot take tweets is Mark's desire to make a splash in Vegas impacting roster decisions. There was some damning stuff coming out about it when the Mack deal happened, but it was easier to just write "lol Gruden" so shit got buried.

Last edited: