• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

NFL-OT | OFF-SEASON - A New Hope (Losers Only)

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The most confusing thing to me in this whole mess is that they hired Gase who no other team in need of a coach even considered. Why? He was a failure in Miami, didn't get along with the owner (rumors are he would yell and curse at him), didn't get along with the GM who then was fired, and got rid of players who he butted heads with. But then even when he got "his guys" in, they still had issues with some players requesting trades if he was brought back.

So this is who we know Gase to be. Yet the Jets still hired him. Why? Cause Payton Manning put in a nice word for him. Manning, who was already the established HOF one of the top 5 QBs of all time, put in a nice word and the gullible Jets bought in as if he developed Manning.

Macc deserved to be fired based on his own record and history. I was on record saying he should have been let go before Bowles or both go at the same time. But they kept Mac and let Bowles go. Conflicting information on if he was all in on Gase or if Gase was the ownership hire. So if you have all these disagreements and tension, why keep Mac? For what? You let him run one of the most important Jets offseason which might shape the development of Darnold for the next 3-5 years and then fire him? WTF?

And laughable to see Boomer "I am not a MAGA racist" Esiason defend this move this morning.

Even after all that, if you wanted to fire Mac, why is Gase the interim GM? Outside of Belichek is there any other coach who is also the GM of the team? What has Gase ever done to warrant the GM title as well? Cause Manning likes him?

Oct 25, 2017
The most confusing thing to me in this whole mess is that they hired Gase who no other team in need of a coach even considered. Why? He was a failure in Miami, didn't get along with the owner (rumors are he would yell and curse at him), didn't get along with the GM who then was fired, and got rid of players who he butted heads with. But then even when he got "his guys" in, they still had issues with some players requesting trades if he was brought back.

So this is who we know Gase to be. Yet the Jets still hired him. Why? Cause Payton Manning put in a nice word for him. Manning, who was already the established HOF one of the top 5 QBs of all time, put in a nice word and the gullible Jets bought in as if he developed Manning.

Macc deserved to be fired based on his own record and history. I was on record saying he should have been let go before Bowles or both go at the same time. But they kept Mac and let Bowles go. Conflicting information on if he was all in on Gase or if Gase was the ownership hire. So if you have all these disagreements and tension, why keep Mac? For what? You let him run one of the most important Jets offseason which might shape the development of Darnold for the next 3-5 years and then fire him? WTF?

And laughable to see Boomer "I am not a MAGA racist" Esiason defend this move this morning.

Even after all that, if you wanted to fire Mac, why is Gase the interim GM? Outside of Belichek is there any other coach who is also the GM of the team? What has Gase ever done to warrant the GM title as well? Cause Manning likes him?
I wouldn't listen to closely about what happened with Gase in Miami, Ross was going to keep him but Gase didn't want to stay around for a rebuild. And plenty of players came out in support of Gase when he left. Also Arizona also interviewed him so it wasn't only the jets that were interested.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
John Gambadoro is reporting that the reason Patrick Peterson has had a rift with the organization this off season is because he knew the suspension was coming and he wanted the team to rework his contact to save him some money on the suspension. What a loser.

The Byron Murphy pick at 33 makes complete sense now. The team knew he was getting suspended.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I don't get this fucking NFL QB grooming bullshit. Like, why is this a story? In what universe should Flacco, Grey Dick, or Bathroom Floor be required to coach new talent?

That's the coaching staff's job. You just give some basic Bull Durham advise.

Nov 8, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
As a Bears fan, I apologize to all Dolphins and Jets fans that Trestman was so awful that he made Gase look good enough to doom both your franchises for years to come. It was honestly not intentional. We still don't know how he got Jay Cutler to care for more than 15 minutes a game. The current assumption is that he bonded with his wife about anti-vax stuff.

On a lighter note, what's everyone's favorite to be on Hard Knocks? I'm guessing the Washington Racists