• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
6ILqN5e.jpg

dzZS8lw.jpg

zdOH9ua.jpg

oGKVr4M.jpg

6sxDVLt.jpg

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
So maybe someone can explain it better than me, but was Bill Belichick doing something on defense that tricked McVay into using CJ Anderson more?

Using certain personnel...or lining up in a certain formation....so much so that McVay, because of his gameplan, threw out Anderson out there WAY more than he needed to.

If true, that's another way Bill has found to take out a team's best player lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but hopefully this is a good place to ask.

Are there any website resources that touch on which plays got called during a game at key points, preferably in text form? I'd like to read about some of how the strategy plays out during a game and coaches/players adapt, rather than just the "pass to gain 5 yards" "rush for no gain" "rush to gain 2 yards" play by play.

I'm guessing it may not exist because it's a lot of work to create AND it would be very valuable for coaches.

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
So maybe someone can explain it better than me, but was Bill Belichick doing something on defense that tricked McVay into using CJ Anderson more?

Using certain personnel...or lining up in a certain formation....so much so that McVay, because of his gameplan, threw out Anderson out there WAY more than he needed to.

If true, that's another way Bill has found to take out a team's best player lol.

The best way I can explain to you is this. Mcvay did not try things consistently enough for them to fail. Sometimes you'll have a coach try to run it all the time on 3 series and go 3 and out and they'll abandon the run because it wasn't working. Mcvay did the opposite. He would have CJ on there to run protect, pass on first, run on first, never ran on third. He was all over the place in his play calling. He never established anything consistently, not even failing.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Will the Giants avoid this QB class? draft experts say the class isn't better than 2018 or will they become infatuated with a QB...

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO Rodgers is the worst leader in the NFL. He expects his players to know and run the right routes in practice.

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017
And here's a very-low-effort meme.

I23XWs7.png

*UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT*

(Really reminded me of this strip when I came into the office today.)

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Go Rams.. :[

Goff needs to develop a lot more and McVay needs to start varying up his schemes ffs. I hope we continue to dominate the West and can get into the playoffs despite the brutal schedule. As long as Cooks, Kupp, Woods, and Gurley are healthy our offense should continue to chug. I believe in this team and think we'll be just fine.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
He's old
Missed a couple games last year
He did miss 3 games, but he was also 20 for 21 FGs and 33 for 35 on PATs. Vinatieri is old too. Not saying Bryant is Vinatieri, but you can be old and still be a kicker

They should've brought in competition and if he gets beaten out then cut him.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I can't deal with this Matt Bryant news right now :(

He ain't retiring yet, so some team will be happy to bring him on board for a year or two.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He did miss 3 games, but he was also 20 for 21 FGs and 33 for 35 on PATs. Vinatieri is old too. Not saying Bryant is Vinatieri, but you can be old and still be a kicker

I'm pretty sure his contract that is kind of big t0

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017

It seems like they were pleased with Giorgio Tavecchio who was perfect during that stretch Bryant was out. They carried two kickers the rest of year so they must be confident in him and this was probably in the cards.

Plus gotta free up as much as they can to get Grady Jarrett and Julio's deals done.