• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Wonder how many 2000's Pats fan will bail when the team turns to shit after Brady and Bill retire...

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
2019 is a throwaway season for the Skins, I feel like they're setting up Jay Gruden for the fall #TankForTua
At least I'll get some enjoyment from watching Derrius Guice truck folks (if his recovery goes well, hopefully?)

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
DC Racists can't make a move for a FA QB right? Any QB they bring in would be at least $18-20m and they already have to pay Alex Smith his full salary this season.

Better off drafting a rookie by moving up in the draft.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Hoping the Colts have big offseason plans. I feel like things are looking upward with Reich and Ballard running the show.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
DC Racists can't make a move for a FA QB right? Any QB they bring in would be at least $18-20m and they already have to pay Alex Smith his full salary this season.

Better off drafting a rookie by moving up in the draft.
They've got about 20 million and another 25-30 million they could get from obvious cuts and restructures. I can't imagine they're thinking of signing someone though. I'd think their best bet is to either take a QB in this draft if there's one they like, or run with Colt next year and assume they tank for the #1 pick in 2020.

They also already have pretty much a whole roster signed. They could hold onto all the cap space they can get this year, tank for the #1 pick, and rollover all that cap to next year. Sign some FAs in the 2020 offseason and give Alex a shot with a great roster around him while having a rookie wait in the wings from that draft. That realistically gives them the best shot at competing in the future, and only requires one year of "rebuilding".

Last edited:

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Who does Todd have the Eagles taking in his new mock draft? Does anyone have an ESPN Insider account?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Eagles are bringing back a personnel guy who Chip Kelly had hired and who had left the organization to become Alabama's assistant HC with Saban. Joe Pannunzio.

He was kept even after Chip was let go, but he left to join Alabama in Feb 2017. Now he is coming back to rejoin the front office.

Odd.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Eagles are bringing back a personnel guy who Chip Kelly had hired and who had left the organization to become Alabama's assistant HC with Saban. Joe Pannunzio.

He was kept even after Chip was let go, but he left to join Alabama in Feb 2017. Now he is coming back to rejoin the front office.

Odd.
He's coming back, but we don't exactly know in what position. He was in the Eagles FO the first time, but at Alabama he was coaching. He's got experience in both so we'll see. He's also connected to Stoutland, the OL coach, since they overlapped at Bama. One interesting thing I did see was in 2018 he was the Bama RBs coach. I don't think the Eagles have an official RBs coach, I think Duce is still covering that in his new position. Plus, the Eagles need a RB, and Bama has two entering the draft that are looking like pretty good prospects (Josh Jacobs and Damien Harris), so he'd know them better than anyone.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
He's coming back, but we don't exactly know in what position. He was in the Eagles FO the first time, but at Alabama he was coaching. He's got experience in both so we'll see. He's also connected to Stoutland, the OL coach, since they overlapped at Bama. One interesting thing I did see was in 2018 he was the Bama RBs coach. I don't think the Eagles have an official RBs coach, I think Duce is still covering that in his new position. Plus, the Eagles need a RB, and Bama has two entering the draft that are looking like pretty good prospects (Josh Jacobs and Damien Harris), so he'd know them better than anyone.

Yeah, I guess that is a connection and I do hope the Eagles upgrade the RB position (even if Ajayi is brought back) but I still don't see them taking a back until the 4th round. Both the Alabam guys are gone by then.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Luck threw 39 TDs in the regular season, with like 22 of them being to WRs. And they were going up against the worst pass defense in the league. Him throwing to no names didn't matter in the regular season and the DC he went against was fired the next game
Yeah, I guess that is a connection and I do hope the Eagles upgrade the RB position (even if Ajayi is brought back) but I still don't see them taking a back until the 4th round. Both the Alabam guys are gone by then.
Yeah, I dunno if they bring Ajayi back unless it's insanely cheap. I agree both of those guys will be gone. And yeah it would take something like Josh Jacobs falling to the late 2nd for them to take a RB before the 4th. The first 3 picks are most likely gonna be DT/DE/OT in some order, with a possible Safety in there if the right guy drops. My way too early RB to look out for is Bruce Anderson, he should be available later. Singletary could be an interesting choice too, and maybe Darwin Thompson. Combine snub and a smaller guy at 5'9" 190. But that's the same build as Phillip Lindsay, so I don't think he's necessarily only a scatback type

Also McShay has the Eagles taking Dexter Lawrence, Clemson DT that isn't Christian Wilkins. Which, ehhh. He's a big guy and a great run stuffer, but doesn't offer anything in the pass rush. If he's the best DT available I'd probably go with another position

Last edited:

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Y'all underestimating Andy Reid coming off a bye.

His teams have averaged giving up 15.6 ppg coming off a bye counting playoffs in his career.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Colts need a receiver to complement Hilton badly. I'd also like to see less passes batted down for Luck idk why he had that issue so much.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
So the Eagles have been informed that if they franchise tagged Foles and tried to trade him they would be in violation of the CBA. So he is just going to walk and they will get a comp pick for him next year.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I know there's that report but it doesn't make sense. It sounds like the Giants wanna ride with Eli and even if they didn't, it would make sense to pick up Haskins or wait till next draft to get a QB. they need a bridge and Foles isn't that. My money is still on the jags or broncos

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Bill Bellichick's coaching tree has a combined record of 173-242. Only 2 of his former assistants have a winning record. Al Groh at 8-7-1, and Bill O'Brien. Teams have to stop hiring these guys. Teams really need to stop hiring these guys.

I know there's that report but it doesn't make sense. It sounds like the Giants wanna ride with Eli and even if they didn't, it would make sense to pick up Haskins or wait till next draft to get a QB. they need a bridge and Foles isn't that. My money is still on the jags or broncos

I just fell like the Giants have so much talent and it will be hard to keep it together for long. They need to strike now and Eli clearly isnt that guy. Roll the dice with Foles and hope that they get good Foles. Especially now that they dont have to trade for him and can just sign him.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
So the Eagles have been informed that if they franchise tagged Foles and tried to trade him they would be in violation of the CBA. So he is just going to walk and they will get a comp pick for him next year.

Is this official or speculation? I saw something about it earlier but it was speculation by Florio.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I doubt we take Allen if he's available. We're going to a 4-3 and probably need Quinnen Williams more than anybody else. I would expect Devin White before Josh Allen.

I'd like to see us trade down further in the top 10 if we try the Devin White route. Or just trade to the middle of the round, grab Jawaan Taylor or one of the receivers and grab an early second rounder + scraps.

Impossible to tell what McCoffee will do though. Probably take a tight end over Quinnen and relive the Sapp situation.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

The Alliance of American Football will begin the inaugural season Saturday and while teams are prepared for week one, fans, teams and players alike are looking forward to the numerous innovations the league will offer, and that starts with sky judge.

The AAF will have a ninth member of the officiating crew, called a sky judge who will be in the press box and can instantly correct "obvious and egregious" officiating errors. The sky judge will use real-time technology to correct clear errors involving player safety anytime during a game and pass interference inside of five minutes left in the fourth quarter.

"If you get a helmet-to-helmet spear and it's not called on the field, it can be picked up by the ninth official," Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating who is a consultant to the AAF, told the Associated Press. "He has the ability to do it in real time. It doesn't go to replay. ... He can call down to the field and say, 'Hey, spearing on No. 33 of Birmingham, 15-yard penalty, let's go.'

"It's correcting errors on the field by another member of the officiating crew without having to go to replay to do it and having a three-minute stoppage to do it."

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks for the memories...

aQLDW41.jpg

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Eagles also hiring former Eagles TE Mike Bartrum as a TE Assistant coach.

Finally, they will be able to maximize the TE position.

Them getting rid of the DL coach when the DL was by far the best unit on the team last year is just baffling.

Could be anything. There was talk that Wilson's son was playing college ball and he wanted to be more involved with that. Could be $$$ related. Could also be that these guys on the line are stars. Former first-round picks and very well established players who didn't need development. I remember reading the Eagles might be more interested in bringing in a coach who can work the younger guys better on the development side.