• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Murray must really believe that he can be a bigger star in the NFL. Or he's truly that much more passionate about football.

Either way, I hope it works out for him no matter where he goes.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Panthers re-signed Eric Reid. 3 year deal $22m, however I don't see anything on guaranteed money.

Landon Collins is better and even he shouldn't get much more than $11-12m. Market will make it possible, so a franchise tag is probably the best option.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017

Wtf Browns. You don't even need a RB between Chubb and Duke and you sign this shithead?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
052.gif

Dorsey is a good gm but he clearly has no problem going dumpster diving.

jakncoke

Nov 5, 2017
Browns probably signed him because he went to HS right outside of Cleveland. He was talked about on the radio even more than Mitch Trubisky

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Browns signed Hunt cause they were felling left out as the only AFC North team without some huge scumbag on the roster.

Steelers - Big Ben
Bengals - Mixon
Ravens - Suggs

Now the Browns finally belong.

Cavsfan767

Alt-Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
As a cleveland native who has lived here for the 24 years of my life as abrowns fan I'm pumped. I'm all for 2nd chances. I've personally meant kareem a few times and hes seems like a good guy. Although he needs to change his friend group. I know alot of those kids, and with him being in Cle I hope he can stay straight.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Browns trying to rekindle the Glory days of Mack/Byner. Although pretty sure Byner didn't straight kick a woman

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Wtf Browns. You don't even need a RB between Chubb and Duke and you sign this shithead?

Dorsey drafted him in KC. Makes sense. Look we knew he was getting a 2nd chance. Too young and talented to not be in the league. Let's hope he has learned and can be a good positive person.

That said signing someone like him or Wash picking up Foster before the blood was dry once again brings up all the questions and topics that get the NFL in trouble.
  • Why are these guys not a negative distraction that teams are rushing to pick up but Kaep can't even get a workout? I heard this a lot over sports radio yesterday, esp in the NYC market. That John Mara said he had such an angry response from Giants fans who wrote to him that they would never watch or support the Giants if they picked up Kaep. That to avoid that distraction and potential PR hit, they didn't consider Kaep. Yet they kept the drunk wife beating kicker.
  • Why are fans not mass protesting, writing to the owners, and threatening to stop watching and buying tickets when players like him get picked up?
  • To me, this is a society problem which we love to kick the NFL for. Should the NFL ban these guys for life when no charges are filed? No jail time?
  • The same fans who "claim" they will never watch the NFL if Kaep is signed don't bat an eye when a Kareem Hunt or Rueben Foster are picked up.

All these owners, whenever they invoke "distractions" are just really using it as an excuse. They sign anyone and everyone so long as the player doesn't get political, cause that seems to be the only line fans, owners, and the President seems to not want to cross.

And even there, I use the Mike Vick example. The Eagles signed him straight out of jail when he hadn't played for 2 years. They signed him to be the #3 QB behind McNabb and savior Kevin Kolb. They took enormous heat from fans, animal groups, and just about everyone. They did it anyway. 1-2 years later when his image was rehabbed and he was winning games for them, no one gave a shit. It all blows over and cools down.

For the life of me, I can't understand how none of these owners and teams can get it and say "hey guys this is a really bad look and all we need is 1 team to give Kaep a roster spot to at least compete in the pre-season". Just 1 team and then it all blows over and goes away. Fucking morons.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Oh, this Murray to AZ is heating up.
Rosen era already over?

This would be monumentally stupid of Arizona to do no? You already have a coach who you have no idea will transition his college offense to the NFL, even granted that more and more the NFL offenses are looking college offenses. If you also tie your franchise to a QB who might not make it based on his size alone, you are doubly screwed.

BUT if they did do that, I could see the Giants being interested in Rosen.

Bucs releasing DE Vinny Curry after just 1 yr. Switching from 4-3 to 3-4. Come home Curry! Eagles need a BG replacement.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Damn just saw this too. He might still go in the early rounds cause he is a top talent but that is terrible
Yeah it sucks for him. Though it could work out well for the Eagles, since it's possible he drops down a bit. The Eagles could conceivably get Clelin Ferrell at 25, and Simmons and Cajuste in the 2nd

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
This would be monumentally stupid of Arizona to do no? You already have a coach who you have no idea will transition his college offense to the NFL, even granted that more and more the NFL offenses are looking college offenses. If you also tie your franchise to a QB who might not make it based on his size alone, you are doubly screwed.

BUT if they did do that, I could see the Giants being interested in Rosen.

Bucs releasing DE Vinny Curry after just 1 yr. Switching from 4-3 to 3-4. Come home Curry! Eagles need a BG replacement.
I think McCoy is gone too.

JPP and their current backers are odd fits in a 3-4.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I think McCoy is gone too.

JPP and their current backers are odd fits in a 3-4.

Like with Curry and Brandon Graham, I wonder how this market lines up for DEs and DTs. This draft is DT and DE rich. Do teams low ball proven vets like McCoy, Curry, and Graham? I have a feeling these guys will end up with far less $$$ in their new contracts.