• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
The fuck. Unless they're trading Sterling Shepard, I don't get the move. He's a prime slot guy, which is the only thing Shep can do. Numbers indicate it's a 2-year move. Still. Goddam.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
The Giants should have signed Jordy to a 1 year deal as a veteran presence (who can still play) to help Eli and Haskins (possibly). Instead, Tate wtf

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Giants-ERA, tell me a little about this guy

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Texans still ain't done shit to protect or help Deshaun. He is going to die on the field isnt he?

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Haha was run out of Green Bay and sucked in Washington. Hopefully for you guys he's a backup.

Bengals signed CB B.W. Webb. Career year for the journeyman last year. Curious what Cincinnati paid.

A DB is only as good as the front 7 getting pass rush which was pretty non existent in both GB and WSH. He will be a decent enough in the Bears D.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Giants signed former Cardinals ER Markus Golden. He has 12.5 sacks in 2016. Lost to an ACL injury in 2017 and played out of position last year under Steve Wilks. Also a one year deal which is perfect.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
The Cardinals are pretty much putting a quarter in the slot machine and taking a pull when it comes to Kevin White

This WR FA class was absolutely garbage, and the Cardinals were never going to throw a bunch of money at one of them. Hopefully they grab one in the draft

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017

4pm Saturday he gets the.bonus. if they cut him now it costs 6 million towards the cap but saves 16 million.

I find this entire Giants situation fascinating and funny all at once

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Ian "AB has just been traded to the Bills" Rapaport? Again, THE ONLY ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED MONEY THAT THE JETS ARE GIVING OR LEGALLY CAN GIVE IS THE SIGNING BONUS AND THE FIRST YEAR SALARY. The rest is the same "rolling" guarantee business.

And, again, there can be some offset for injury guarantees that pretty much every contract has.
Okay how about the Pittsburgh Post-Gazzette?
Last year, the All-Pro halfback turned down the Steelers' offer for a reported five years and $70 million with $33 million of that guaranteed in the first two years. He would have earned $45 million over three. He also then declined to sign their franchise tag that would have paid him $14.54 million guaranteed last season.
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...l-jets-contract-steelers/stories/201903130074
Or PFT
And as to the notion that only $10 million would have been fully guaranteed, at a time when the 2018 franchise tender for Bell is $14.54 million, the package included a $10 million roster bonus due not long after signing, making the practical guarantee $20 million. The Steelers would have avoided that payment only by cutting Bell within days after giving him $10 million to sign.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ered-leveon-bell-47-million-over-three-years/

So we have 3 different sources saying Bell was due $33M-$35M in the first two years, and $45-47M in the first 3 years. Most Steelers fans quote these sources when discussing Bell's rejected deal! These same sources say that he has a $10M signing bonus, which means $23M-$25M of that $33M is a roster bonus spread over two years. I'd think they were split, so that comes out to a $10M signing bonus up front and a $11.5M roster bonus for being on the 2019 roster, for a total of $21.5M in the first year. PFT says the first year is even lower, and that he'd only get $20M. And remember, this is what started this whole argument
So week 1 in both contracts he suffers a career ending injury, which one pays him more?
So this is purely about, Week 1 of the first year of Le'veon Bell's respective deals, he suffers a career ending injury. Who gets more money? So all the stuff about rolling guarantees and everything does not matter. This is purely on if the team that signed him had to cut him after the first year, who does he get more with. You said the Steelers, but we have 3 different sources saying the Steelers were offering somewhere in the $20-$22M range for first year guarantees. The Jets deal guarantees Bell $26M the first year. So if Bell were to have a career ending injury Week 1, the Jets deal is better

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017

4pm Saturday he gets the.bonus. if they cut him now it costs 6 million towards the cap but saves 16 million.

Not sure why anyone thought this wouldn't happen. Eli is going to play out the final year of his contract. That was always going to happen. The only way he doesn't play is if/when he stinks the place up badly enough to get Kurt Warner'd for whatever QB they draft/trade for.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why anyone thought this wouldn't happen. Eli is going to play out the final year of his contract. That was always going to happen. The only way he doesn't play is if/when he stinks the place up badly enough to get Kurt Warner'd for whatever QB they draft/trade for.

I read what Giants fans here have been saying I just find this entire situation fascinating. Rebuilding or no rebuilding, it is all over the place.

Keeping me distracted from the complete ineptness going down in Houston right now

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
The Jets deal guarantees Bell $26M the first year. So if Bell were to have a career ending injury Week 1, the Jets deal is better
No, the Jets deal guarantees him $14.5M in year one. Don't make me type out the explanations again, ffs. If he goes on a murder spree at the end of the year and goes to jail, he will have banked $14.5M. $14.5M

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast

tWDbQMS.jpg

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
$25M fully guaranteed by Sunday. Cash flow =/= guarantees
I'll just keep quoting myself until it sets in, I guess.

Again, THE ONLY ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED MONEY THAT THE JETS ARE GIVING OR LEGALLY CAN GIVE IS THE SIGNING BONUS AND THE FIRST YEAR SALARY. The rest is the same "rolling" guarantee business.

And, again, there can be some offset for injury guarantees that pretty much every contract has.