• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I guess he ended up missing a lot of time, fuck this dude though. I actually forgot the Browns have him too. Lot of weapons late in the season if they're healthy.

To light a fire under Goff's ass?

Nah. I think he could be a good QB, especially with McVay. Not a great arm, but he's got a fast release and can read the field. You can never have enough good players/flexibility. Right now Goff's development is easier to swallow because he's so cheap, but he's also at this middle ground where his career could go any number of ways. I'd want some kind of insurance for a year or two down the line when it comes to pay him and he's more Bortles than Russ, you aren't stuck in a corner.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
You worried about falling down a spot in the divisional standings this year? The fight for second between you and the 9ers might be tight.
Nah. I think he could be a good QB, especially with McVay. Not a great arm, but he's got a fast release and can read the field. You can never have enough good players/flexibility. Right now Goff's development is easier to swallow because he's so cheap, but he's also at this middle ground where his career could go any number of ways. I'd want some kind of insurance for a year or two down the line when it comes to pay him and he's more Bortles than Russ, you aren't stuck in a corner.
Yeah, that's reasonable. I would be with it 100% Still might stick mixed signals in Goff's head, but I agree that we need somebody who is not Mannion (garbage) behind Goff.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
You worried about falling down a spot in the divisional standings this year? The fight for second between you and the 9ers might be tight.

Yeah, that's reasonable. I would be with it 100% Still might stick mixed signals in Goff's head, but I agree that we need somebody who is not Mannion (garbage) behind Goff.

I hear you but honestly I hate this kind of mindset. Like if spending a mid round draft pick on a QB to make the whole of the team better throws Goff off that much or gets in his head, then he wasn't there the guy to begin with.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
So you just didn't watch any Niners games last year huh
Fair enough. We can mutually agree that the Niners are doo doo.
I hear you but honestly I hate this kind of mindset. Like if spending a mid round draft pick on a QB to make the whole of the team better throws Goff off that much or gets in his head, then he wasn't there the guy to begin with.
Definitely. It also seems as though Goff is relatively level headed, so would take that kind of news reasonably. Hopefully he's able to produce much better this year and our receivers are healthy all season. Schedule is fucking brutal.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
You basically swapped Malik Jackson for Bennett. I'd say that's a wash at best, although I'd rather have Bennett. He'd never give up midway through a season the way Malik did. Although with how deep this draft is for edge rushers, Bennett might be easier to replace than a pure interior guy.

And I'm not totally convinced DJax is really the right fit for Wentz and that offense. Maybe it's just because he hasn't had a "true" deep threat, but Wentz doesn't throw the prettiest deep ball. Maybe I'm just tricked by Alshon being his "deep" guy and dude is ALWAYS unnecssarily jumping out of the roof for balls he should be able to grab in stride, but it's just part of his game I haven't seen I guess. And I'll always be skeptical about a guy who's 30+ and only had speed to his name his whole career. He has to eventually lose a step. But you're right, it could just be a matter of having the threat and not totally about production.

His production also fell off heavily after Tampa's bye week last year which made me feel like he just can't keep it going for a whole season. But that could've been a byproduct of going back to Jameis. To me he's just a huge one dimensional "if" right now.

Plus I think losing Hicks on D is a bigger deal than gaining DJax. I know he's been injury prone and missed that entire 2017 SB run, but he's young and just about to come into his prime. I think Arizona got a steal getting him for half the price of CJ Mosley.

We didn't even swap Bennett for Malik.

Michael Bennett was traded for to be a part-time player as part of a rotation they like to run on the DLINE. Injuries forced him to play as a full-time DE and he outperformed expectations. With their 1st round, DE selection Derek Barnett set to return from his shoulder injury and Brandon Graham signed to a new 3 yr deal plus this DLINE heavy draft, they couldn't afford to bring back Bennett. Esp when he already expressed displeasure for being a backup or part-time player and said he has outperformed his current deal.

As it is right now, they swapped Bennett for Barnett. Malik is here to replace an injured Jernigan who barely played and Ngata who is done at this point. No doubt they also draft depth at this position in this draft or add another vet down the road.

As for Wentz and the deep ball, time will tell, but his rookie season he checked down a lot but they didn't have any weapons. With Alshon and then Nelson developing, the Eagles offense was explosive in 2017. Not sure what his deep pass stats are but I know the Eagles were one of the leaders in the NFL in explosive plays down the field. He might not be the most accurate but DeSean will run wide open at times.

DeSean in TB was extremely frustrated and it never seemed like he and Winston were on good terms. He loved playing with Fitzpatrick though and his #s can be connected with the QB issues down there.

He automatically starts as the #2 WR and Agholor is back to the slot. I think that is a great complimentary trio.

Finally, on Hicks, I'd agree with you and wanted him here long term but a. injuries and b. the Eagles really really really don't care for LBs. All in all as the roster is is today, assuming all the injured guys are back and healthy, this team is already better. And if Wentz returns to his pre ACL form, it could compete for the 1 or 2 seed in the NFC.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Dolphins and Giants are competing for #1 pick...Dolphins traded their trash QB, while Giants holding on to theirs..

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So Flores was sent to Miami to fail. Hope they don't fuck him over like the AZ coach. I think the Pats probably win the division now too. Tannehill is also the best Titans QB since Vince Young.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Tannehill makes for a damn good backup, regardless of what I've said about him in the past. And Mariota gets hurt very often so it's a good pickup for the Titans.

Hopefully this means the Dolphins mortgage their future to move up for a bust QB. Maybe they have a trade lined up for Rosen? Or they're just full tank mode and really want Tua.

(I hope he does them like Peyton did us if that's the case)

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
"Former Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Jason Hatcher joined Ben and Skin in studio for an hour Tuesday, and he had a lot to say about his time in Dallas.
Hatcher discussed a wide range of topics, but one of the subjects that caught our attention was his opinion of Tony Romo during his time with the Cowboys, especially in 2016 when he broke a bone in his back and Prescott took over his job. Hatcher criticized Romo's leadership and said he would take Prescott over the CBS broadcaster any day.
"Romo didn't have the it factor to make people around him better. I think when I was there he thought he was bigger than the team. It was like Romo and then the team. Like nobody in the locker room is really going to respect you like that. I really don't respect him as a player based on what he did to the team where a lot of people didn't see.
"He was a great player and got all the numbers and stuff but I'll take Dak over Romo any day because Dak has the ability to make people around him better. You'll run through a wall for Dak but Romo, hell no."
When asked to clarify his remark about making people better, Hatcher went on to criticize Romo even more.
"Romo was feeling like he was a Brett Favre and I'm like 'dude, you ain't do nothing. What have you done? You got your own space that you leave ... don't come in the locker room an interact with your teammates, but you call yourself a leader? Nah, partner. It don't work like that.'
"He's got great numbers but he's had so many opportunities. Like if I was a GM, Romo do not have the ability to make people around him want to play for him."

Another topic that captured our attention was when Hatcher talked about the 2010 season, the year Wade Phillips was fired and Jason Garrett became interim head coach.
That season, the Cowboys were 1-7 when owner Jerry Jones elected to move on from Phillips and promote Garrett. After the promotion, Garrett led the Cowboys to a 5-3 record and has been the team's head coach ever since.
Hatcher was asked about what happened around the time the Cowboys fired Phillips and if the team quit on him?
"Let me tell you something. I'm going to tell you the truth. I saw Jason Garrett sabotage this man."
When asked if Hatcher believed that he said, "absolutely."
"We ran three freakin plays (before Wade was fired). I don't care what the media say. We was flying around. We was out of pads in week 7 (in 2009). We was beating people's heads in. Now we go into camp cupcake (in 2010) and do what Wade don't want to do. We get in pads, we beat each other down. We tired, we not fresh. And then you go and call three or four plays (Garrett on offense) till this man gets fired."
Hatcher was then asked how guys that backed Phillips looked like they quit on the field before he was fired?
"When you know the truth and what's going on. You're like why the hell are we running three plays on offense? And then, to know the truth after Wade get fired you open up the playbook and we start scoring points?"

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The move makes sense for Miami if they are really rebuilding. Wonder if they like Haskins cause if the Giants don't, he might slide to them where they are.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017

A bit premature since greats like Brady and Flacco playing until they are 60

"It feels good because I definitely feel that way, so it feels good to hear somebody say that," Flacco said of Elway's comments. "I mean, shoot, with Tom Brady now, quarterbacks are playing until they're about 60 years old. Listen, I'm as healthy as I've ever been, I'm as physical as I've ever been. Obviously at any time something crazy can happen, but barring anything crazy happening I'm as healthy as I can be and as physical and ready to go as ever. So I'm excited about what lies ahead for me and my future and I'm not putting a number on how much time I've got left to play. I want to play as long as I can and hopefully they're dragging me out of this building a long time from now."