• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Reading that letter, they're submitting this stuff as evidence so maybe it holds some truth? Idk, I'm sure we'll hear more soon. The whole chest tap thing isn't a big deal if true. He's just tapping him and telling him to buck up and stop crying, my dad used to do the same kind of thing.
I read in a parenting book before I even had my kids that you have to be sure you have their attention before you try to correct bad behavior so I will put my hand on their shoulders or put my finger on their chest to make sure they are paying attention, but never hard and no one could ever mistake it for hitting them. The kids arm also got broken and CPS saw enough evidence to remove the child from the home, no way is Hill innocent in all this.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Lee Smith released. I am sad.

What does that even mean? I can pick up my wife's phone and send a text or tell her what to write and have her send it. Also, is anyone else caping for Hill besides this writer who just happens to live in Kansas City?

EDIT: Regardless, we already know the dude is scum. He has a history of being scum. He's on tape being scum. Whether she's also an abuser or covering for an abuser doesn't change that, but it does also make her an unfit parent.

Last edited:

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Lee Smith released. I am sad.

What does that even mean? I can pick up my wife's phone and send a text or tell her what to write and have her send it. Also, is anyone else caping for Hill besides this writer who just happens to live in Kansas City?

EDIT: Regardless, we already know the dude is scum. He has a history of being scum. He's on tape being scum. Whether she's also an abuser or covering for an abuser doesn't change that, but it does also make her an unfit parent.

I don't think Paylor is covering for Hill, nor did he for Hunt iirc. He's just reporting what he information he has, at least that was my impression. And yeah Hill is a shit person, but for the kid's sake I'm hoping that the extent of abuse doesn't actually go as far as punching and arm breaking. That would be incredibly sad. Ultimately the audio recording is enough for a suspension imo, and anything beyond that should just be a straight ban from the league given the prior history.

Beyond that I think based on the Hunt situation the NFL needs to figure out a way to discourage teams like the Browns who pick up players suspended for this kind of shit. I mean the bad press around that died down instantly. It would be one thing if he had already gone through the entire process, confirmed counseling, maybe passed a test with the NFL, etc. Instead he was signed instantly. I think we can almost guarantee the same thing happening if/when Hill is released. I mean Hunt will end up barely being punished, meanwhile KC is probably wondering why they even bothered cutting him other than the fact that he lied. Not much incentive for teams to do the right thing if another team can benefit scott free.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've never seen someone write text messages with better grammar than what they speak. Usually it's the opposite because you're rushing to get a text out.

Also, isn't she the one that leaked the audio and video?

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Eagles signed ILB Zach Brown to one year deal.

Wonder what's going on with him. This is his fourth team in five years, yet people say often how he's one of the better signings each year.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

Wonder what's going on with him. This is his fourth team in five years, yet people say often how he's one of the better signings each year.

He's been signed for cheap every year. Problem is ILB isn't seen as a position that's worth a whole lot, especially in the 3-4 schemes he's been stuck in. He's also been part of a few stacked LB groups so he's always been somewhat expendable come the end of the season. He's also always played on 1 year deals up until last season.

For 3 mill, that might be the best bargain signing of the whole offseason.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough and as I said, I don't watch any college ball so a lot of my opinion is based on the mocks, combine, and draft analysis. I both like and dislike the Sanders pick. I want running the ball and to have a dynamic game changing RB a thing for the Eagles but I just know even with an elite OLINE, Pederson won't prioritize the run game. And even when they do it will be a rotation with Howard and Clement. If they only run ball 18-24 times a game, how many carries is Sanders getting? All of my concern disappears if they decide to run the ball more. It would be one way to protect Wentz from his worst tendencies.

I do agree that they have starters all across the DL and have depth, but the issue here is that most of this came from trades and FA and not what was considered a historically good DLINE draft. In fact, the word is they really wanted DT Wilkins and tried to move up for him. So they wanted one of these guys and failed. Settling for Jernigan and Ridgeway seems like a consolation prize. Again great depth and if Jernigan is right he is really good starting DT.

As for the JJAW pick, this might actually be my favorite pick cause I keep imagining him in the red-zone packages with both TEs and opposite Alshon. All 4 targets would be 6'3 and above. As for Alshon, I just think his first two seasons have had so much instability that we can't really judge him and Wentz correctly yet. He started off slow in 17 but by the end of the year, he and Wentz had a great connection. I just don't think in this offense he is ever going to put up eye-popping stats, but he is a clear cut #1 who makes things easier for everyone around him, including his QB. If JJAW provides anything similar to Alshon, I will love him as a player. Looking at DeSean as a 6th round pick up is a great way to look at it. Same with Howard.

Who knows. Maybe its the backend picks which really confused me when some decent DT, DE, and S talent was still on the board. Hate the QB they selected too.
For this year, I'd expect Sanders to get around 13 touches a game, depending on how he looks. Which given there's Howard and a hopefully healthy Clement, I think that's fine. And Sanders has the potential to be a fantastic back, his main issue is inexperience. All of his issues (fumbling/being loose with the ball, lacking vision and pass protection) can be fixed as he simply plays more. Being behind Saquon Barkley for 2 years won't do the greatest things for your development. But there is the question about if he can develop those traits. Again, I don't necessarily think Sanders will be bad, but merely okay isn't great return on a 2nd rounder, especially RB

I agree on the DL thing, I had a feeling the Eagles would leave this historic draft with no top end talent. But Jernigan actually signed the morning of the draft, so they more signed him as an insurance policy in case they couldn't get their guy. And they did try to get a guy like you said, trades just didn't happen. I was hoping for one of the DEs in the 2nd, but I really thought the first round was the place to get a guy. It's a bummer not getting a young developmental talent, but I'm okay with stocking the DL room with veterans who can immediately contribute given the Eagles are clearly aiming for a run this year before turning over a lot of personnel next offseason.

And yeah I mostly agree with JJAW pick and hopefully it is just a chemistry thing for Wentz and Jeffery. But while I don't think Foles was better than Wentz this past season, he certainly made Jeffery better, because Foles has that "Fuck it, Alshon's one on one, I'll throw it up mentality" while Wentz looks for the open guy. And yeah I hate the QB pick too but Day 3 is a crapshoot so I won't get too mad

Love the signing. Only thing that gives me pause is his constant moving, like you said. Generally if you see a good player move around a lot, it's a locker room issue, but I don't know of anything real bad against Brown

Last edited:

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I hear Brown is kind of a locker room headache.

You are thinking of Antonio Brown.

thumb-166-1024x537.jpg

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I was just surprised that a highly rated player like that would sign so late and for so little money.
So one reason might be that this is a case where PFF stats are misleading. They say he's a good coverage LB, but talk to Washington fans and they say he was pretty much completely taken off the field on obvious passing downs because he was a liability. He has the athleticism but gets lost reading pass plays. So he probably looks good because he was defending passes against favorable matchups, and he'd be off the field against anyone that could actually abuse that matchups.

That being said, he's a great run stopping LB which is something the Eagles need, especially with the DL's penetrating style and the division we're in with all these elite RBs and OLs (well, 2 great OLs and the Giants). And Bradham will be the pass coverage LB, something he's pretty damn good at. Plus, Bradham was inconsistent when he signed with the Eagles, and he's flourished into an above average LB. Maybe Schwartz' scheme will do the same for Brown

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
So one reason might be that this is a case where PFF stats are misleading. They say he's a good coverage LB, but talk to Washington fans and they say he was pretty much completely taken off the field on obvious passing downs because he was a liability. He has the athleticism but gets lost reading pass plays. So he probably looks good because he was defending passes against favorable matchups, and he'd be off the field against anyone that could actually abuse that matchups.

That being said, he's a great run stopping LB which is something the Eagles need, especially with the DL's penetrating style and the division we're in with all these elite RBs and OLs (well, 2 great OLs and the Giants). And Bradham will be the pass coverage LB, something he's pretty damn good at. Plus, Bradham was inconsistent when he signed with the Eagles, and he's flourished into an above average LB. Maybe Schwartz' scheme will do the same for Brown

Man I hope so. You are so right about Bradham being looked at as kind of a meh player when the Eagles got him but he has really flourished. Maybe Ken Flajole has some crazy secrets from coaching for so long and also coaching every defensive position.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Position value seems like such a stupid concept to me. Like if Ronnie Lott was in the draft this year would teams really not draft him.

It is a strange last few years really, you have Jamal Adams going high a few years ago then a top-shelf player in James falling all the way to 17. Amazing safety value going in the second and third round this year. It is trending that way at least. This year surprised me with teams reaching for LBs so high

One reason Eagles fans will love Brown and why they signed him was his effectiveness applying pressure. Having a player like Brown on a blitz or stunt package will only cause more chaos for a team like the eagles who have been among the lead in the league in applying pressure for the last couple years

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope so. You are so right about Bradham being looked at as kind of a meh player when the Eagles got him but he has really flourished. Maybe Ken Flajole has some crazy secrets from coaching for so long and also coaching every defensive position.
Yeah I dunno if he'll ever become a good pass coverage LB, but maybe the new scheme will simplify something for him. But even if not, I think his run stopping value is worth a starting spot, especially at that cost and given the relative use of LBs in Schwartz' defense. As long as he's a good run stopper and even just mediocre in coverage, I think he'll be fine, especially given the talent at Safety and the DL to help hide him. And also, if this season goes off the rails, I'll find it hard to believe it's because of the 2nd LB
One reason Eagles fans will love Brown and why they signed him was his effectiveness applying pressure. Having a player like Brown on a blitz or stunt package will only cause more chaos for a team like the eagles who have been among the lead in the league in applying pressure for the last couple years
Well here's the funny thing about that. The Eagles are among the league leaders in applying pressure, but Jim Schwartz likes to do that by just rushing four. He's almost allergic to blitzing, I think the Eagles are among the bottom 5 teams in blitz %. The Eagles apply pressure consistently despite very rarely ever rushing their LBs, or anyone aside from the DL really. And everyone on the DL are true pass rushers, so you don't see a ton of having a DL drop into coverage and rush with a LB either. Maybe we'll see them change it up, but I'd be surprised to see Brown rush the passer more than like 10-15% of the time

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I dunno if he'll ever become a good pass coverage LB, but maybe the new scheme will simplify something for him. But even if not, I think his run stopping value is worth a starting spot, especially at that cost and given the relative use of LBs in Schwartz' defense. As long as he's a good run stopper and even just mediocre in coverage, I think he'll be fine, especially given the talent at Safety and the DL to help hide him. And also, if this season goes off the rails, I'll find it hard to believe it's because of the 2nd LB

Well here's the funny thing about that. The Eagles are among the league leaders in applying pressure, but Jim Schwartz likes to do that by just rushing four. He's almost allergic to blitzing, I think the Eagles are among the bottom 5 teams in blitz %. The Eagles apply pressure consistently despite very rarely ever rushing their LBs, or anyone aside from the DL really. And everyone on the DL are true pass rushers, so you don't see a ton of having a DL drop into coverage and rush with a LB either. Maybe we'll see them change it up, but I'd be surprised to see Brown rush the passer more than like 10-15% of the time

Eagles pass coverage is much better than recent years so they can afford to do more, they would kill if the do more exotic blitz or stunts like what Dallas does with Jaylon.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The two pickups Howie made today are the type of under the radar pickups which can be huge if this team is in position to make another deep playoffs/SB run. Howie acknolwedged that he would have liked to have drafted an LB and S but the board just didn't fall that way for them. So what did he do? He picked up Zach Brown and Blake Countess, who had always regretted letting go.

I love the Zach Brown signing. It's only for 1 yr, for only $3M, and he is only 29yrs old. PFF loves him, the Eagles needed a vet LB, and they got one. And not just anyone, but a pro bowl caliber LB. Besides Nigel Bradham, they didn't have any other real LBs. Just a bunch of glorified Special Teams players at LB but now they have two legit LBs and can even move Bradam outside if need be. He is a tackling machine and isn't injury prone like Hicks. And while he can't cover like him, he is 2nd in most categories to only Bobby Wagner. Again, I love this pick-up.

Blake Countess the Eagles had drafted in 16 but cut before the season began. Rams just waived him cause they couldn't get him to take a paycut. Eagles twitter kept suggesting pick him up as the depth S the Eagles have been looking and almost immediately the Eagles picked him up. I would have preferred someone like Tre Boston but considering they already signed a vet in Sandejo, this is a great pick up to add to the S position. Plus he can be a KR.

They still need a vet FA pick up to help the OLINE. Brandon Brooks swears he will be ready by week 1 but he is coming off of major injury. Maybe they can start Dillard at G but I doubt it. Most likely they bring back Chance Warmack as a safety net G.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Eagles pass coverage is much better than recent years so they can afford to do more, they would kill if the do more exotic blitz or stunts like what Dallas does with Jaylon.
Is the pass coverage better? It's pretty much the same personnel since the start of the 2017 season. Unless you mean it'll be better just by virtue of being healthy
They still need a vet FA pick up to help the OLINE. Brandon Brooks swears he will be ready by week 1 but he is coming off of major injury. Maybe they can start Dillard at G but I doubt it. Most likely they bring back Chance Warmack as a safety net G.
Wis is still out there

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Is the pass coverage better? It's pretty much the same personnel since the start of the 2017 season. Unless you mean it'll be better just by virtue of being healthy

Wis is still out there

I saw some improvement there towards the end of the season to leave me optimistic for them. Lots of young talent there.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Wis is still out there

Yeah the secondary has to be better just by being healthier. And guys like Maddox developed and should only improve. I'm still giving up on Sidney Jones.

As for Wis, he didn't get along with Peters and was upset about being benched. Don't think he's back no matter what

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Im all in bois!

Just went down to the team shop and grabbed my Murray jersey.

Rosen who?
Haha dang, all in, eh? I hope he justifies it and makes you proud!

As for me, in the context of going all in on Kingsbury and giving him everything he feels he needs to succeed, I'd have to say this was easily Keim's best draft. Not only do we get the best QB to run his system and one he feels so strongly can do so that we used the #1 pick on him, but we completely revamped our WR room which we desperately needed going into this off season. I really think Isabella is going to be a stud in this system over time and Hakeem finally gets us a large WR that we've needed badly ever since we knew Floyd wouldn't pan out. He'll be a great red zone target, no more having tiny guys going up for jump balls in there (I'm looking at you, Arians and John Brown). Keeshawn is a great route runner and could find his way on the field eventually too. In the meantime, we still have Fitz and Kirk the latter of which I think will work nicely in this system as well. We went from the WR room being a large weakness to it being a real strength on paper.

Although I really wanted Ford with that second pick to stay with Murray, Byron is the best corner from the draft and will be able to start right away in nickel packages ultimately replacing Alford in the CB2 spot later on. He's also insurance in case anything happens with Peterson. Speaking of which, I'm not worried about it right now and he'll be good when he sees us moving in a positive direction but if he does leave after his contract is up, I'll need a new jersey too :P David Johnson will be great for this system too and hell, Mr. Irrelevant might actually be a good TE for this system and find his way on the field at some point. With a 4 WR formation AND DJ who can basically be a fifth WR himself plus the TE, how do you stop that in a system that gets rid of the ball quickly?

There comes the rub, our season will make or break based on Kingsbury's play calling. I love the pick of Clements as an offensive NFL mind for Kingsbury to bounce his ideas off of and get advice so I'm cautiously optimistic about KK's system and man if it works we're going to surprise. If it doesn't, we'll be picking early again next year. Right now I'm with you in being excited for the season! This offense will be so much more interesting to watch than last year even in losses! If we can basically do what the Browns did last year, right around .500 while showing the potential and promise to be a playoff team next year, I'll be happy.

Next year's draft has multiple first round grade OL so we'll have the opportunity to further upgrade the OL next offseason and we'll also have the most cap space we've had since I can remember to play in FA. We're trending in the right direction if we can give life to this offense this year. I'm also hopefully for Gilbert at RT, he'll be a huge upgrade if he returns to form. Even if he isn't great, Sweezy is an upgrade over Iupati who can't stay on the field, at least Sweezy stayed healthy and while not one of the best guys on SEA's line, he was still part of the leading rush attack in the NFL last year and with virtual no names at RB too. While it won't be anything special and is reliant on people staying healthy, our OL won't be as bad as last year which many people online seem to assume will be exactly the same and act like we didn't address it at all. I look forward to further upgrading it next year though, we can actually focus on it between there being more quality prospects and also having finally addressed the WR room and long term CB2 spot.

Our defense should be awesome and one of the top defenses again too! Going back to the 3-4 alone should do that as the same personnel made us a top 5-7 D in the league for years no matter who the DC was until Wilk's dumb ass made us a 4-3 with 3-4 system players.... On top of that, we have some upgrades between the signings of Philon, Hicks, Alford, bringing Swearinger back! and drafting Byron. Our secondary is going to be sick and having CJ and Suggs rushing with Zach Allen rotating in and helping contain the run plus having Reddik move to his proper position and adding Hicks should beef up our ILB positions. Hicks in particular could be a real steal and gem if he can stay healthy. Fingers crossed! Regardless, I expect us to be one of the top defenses again and that will go a long way in helping Murray out in his rookie season. A great D and RB just like RW had in his rookie season.

So it's that time to drink the koolaid and be hyped about our team's prospects and direction! Lets go Cards! This train stops for nobody! Choo Choo!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
XFL TV deal revealed:

So the XFL landed a big multi-year TV deal and will be on ABC/Fox/ESPN/FS1. Sounds great right?

They're getting no rights fee. TV just paying for production costs.

TV gets the ad revenue and streaming rights (XFL can just sell in-stadium ads).

Needless to say, this is going to be a massive money sink for the first couple years. I guess the gamble is they'll get exposure and pushed by the networks and maybe the league will mean something.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
The championship concluding the day after the NFL Draft.

Now it'll be telling what kind of attendance they can get. No reason to widely televise something that looks like a volleyball crowd.