• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Vince is giving his football away for free

3565-raw-crying-suit-vince_mcmahon-wwf.png

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the XFL succeeds. That way Vince leaves wrasslin alone and we can get some good product. RAW and SMACKDOWN both suck right now.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
The drama going into the 2019 NFL Draft seemed much smaller than the 2018 class. Yet the ratings are up 26%. I think it's one of the highest rated drafts ever.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The sides apparently talked last week, but there is "no deal in sight." Rapsheet reports extending Buckner is a "priority" for GM John Lynch. The No. 7 overall pick of the 2016 draft, Buckner is coming off back-to-back excellent seasons. He is under team control for two more years, so there is no real urgency on the 49ers' part.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think i've ever seen a team more desperate for kickers.

Bros, just get one and move on from your pain.

If the Bears had a real kicker last year, there''s a good chance they make it to the Super Bowl.

No. Plasticine 's punishment must be more severe.

I fear this is only the beginning of a long, torturous process that will result in the Bears giving San Francisco whatever the fuck the want for Robbie Gould.

There's only one way.

usatsi_9704751-copy.jpg

We actually brought him in during the John Fox era. Those were dark days. Evil days. Days I've drank a lot to forget, but sadly not enough.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
JPP got in a car accident last week and now he's at risk of missing the season with a bad neck.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
What the hell did Tampa Bay do to piss off the football gods? Why can't we ever catch a break? This shits already over before the season starts.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Haha dang, all in, eh? I hope he justifies it and makes you proud!

As for me, in the context of going all in on Kingsbury and giving him everything he feels he needs to succeed, I'd have to say this was easily Keim's best draft. Not only do we get the best QB to run his system and one he feels so strongly can do so that we used the #1 pick on him, but we completely revamped our WR room which we desperately needed going into this off season. I really think Isabella is going to be a stud in this system over time and Hakeem finally gets us a large WR that we've needed badly ever since we knew Floyd wouldn't pan out. He'll be a great red zone target, no more having tiny guys going up for jump balls in there (I'm looking at you, Arians and John Brown). Keeshawn is a great route runner and could find his way on the field eventually too. In the meantime, we still have Fitz and Kirk the latter of which I think will work nicely in this system as well. We went from the WR room being a large weakness to it being a real strength on paper.

Although I really wanted Ford with that second pick to stay with Murray, Byron is the best corner from the draft and will be able to start right away in nickel packages ultimately replacing Alford in the CB2 spot later on. He's also insurance in case anything happens with Peterson. Speaking of which, I'm not worried about it right now and he'll be good when he sees us moving in a positive direction but if he does leave after his contract is up, I'll need a new jersey too :P David Johnson will be great for this system too and hell, Mr. Irrelevant might actually be a good TE for this system and find his way on the field at some point. With a 4 WR formation AND DJ who can basically be a fifth WR himself plus the TE, how do you stop that in a system that gets rid of the ball quickly?

There comes the rub, our season will make or break based on Kingsbury's play calling. I love the pick of Clements as an offensive NFL mind for Kingsbury to bounce his ideas off of and get advice so I'm cautiously optimistic about KK's system and man if it works we're going to surprise. If it doesn't, we'll be picking early again next year. Right now I'm with you in being excited for the season! This offense will be so much more interesting to watch than last year even in losses! If we can basically do what the Browns did last year, right around .500 while showing the potential and promise to be a playoff team next year, I'll be happy.

Next year's draft has multiple first round grade OL so we'll have the opportunity to further upgrade the OL next offseason and we'll also have the most cap space we've had since I can remember to play in FA. We're trending in the right direction if we can give life to this offense this year. I'm also hopefully for Gilbert at RT, he'll be a huge upgrade if he returns to form. Even if he isn't great, Sweezy is an upgrade over Iupati who can't stay on the field, at least Sweezy stayed healthy and while not one of the best guys on SEA's line, he was still part of the leading rush attack in the NFL last year and with virtual no names at RB too. While it won't be anything special and is reliant on people staying healthy, our OL won't be as bad as last year which many people online seem to assume will be exactly the same and act like we didn't address it at all. I look forward to further upgrading it next year though, we can actually focus on it between there being more quality prospects and also having finally addressed the WR room and long term CB2 spot.

Our defense should be awesome and one of the top defenses again too! Going back to the 3-4 alone should do that as the same personnel made us a top 5-7 D in the league for years no matter who the DC was until Wilk's dumb ass made us a 4-3 with 3-4 system players.... On top of that, we have some upgrades between the signings of Philon, Hicks, Alford, bringing Swearinger back! and drafting Byron. Our secondary is going to be sick and having CJ and Suggs rushing with Zach Allen rotating in and helping contain the run plus having Reddik move to his proper position and adding Hicks should beef up our ILB positions. Hicks in particular could be a real steal and gem if he can stay healthy. Fingers crossed! Regardless, I expect us to be one of the top defenses again and that will go a long way in helping Murray out in his rookie season. A great D and RB just like RW had in his rookie season.

So it's that time to drink the koolaid and be hyped about our team's prospects and direction! Lets go Cards! This train stops for nobody! Choo Choo!

Great post, I completely agree with everything you said.

I'm not going to pretend like I know Kliff Kingsbury and his style of coaching, but from everything I have read about him, he is considered a great offensive mind. He definitely has a lot to prove, and I think Michael is going to give him a couple years to let things develop and grow. This roster is completely different from top to bottom versus the 2018 roster, so we are not going to be watching the same team as last year.

The reason they were not happy with Coach Wilks was because he took a great defense and completely destroyed it, and ran it into the ground. He tried to take something that was not broke, and fix it. I am referring to going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. This defense will be playing a 3-4 once again, and I expect them to return to form as a great defensive team. Wilks had a lot of other issues outside of that though, including game management and chemistry with the players. It was just crystal clear that they got the hire wrong, and it was time to change direction and not compound the problem. People are quick to criticize the Cardinals and Keim for hiring Wilks and firing him the very next year. The fact is, if you feel like you made a mistake, it's much better to just go ahead and admit it and change direction rather then let it play out slowly and continue to set your franchise back. It was a tough call to make, but I appreciate Michael's willingness to nip it in the bud.

I truly do believe that they liked Josh Rosen, and I still think that Rosen has the potential to be great in Miami. They were in a very unique situation where they had the number 1 pick in the draft, and Kyler Murray was clearly a special talent. I am a firm believer that you need to take the best player available to you, and it was obvious to them that Murray needed to be a Cardinal. The media is going to criticize Arizona for the amount of picks and value they lost in the entirety of the Rosen draft and trade, but if they felt like they absolutely had to have Murray to run Kliffs offense, then you just have to get what you can get for Rosen and cut your losses. It sucks, but there is no way around it. Arizona has a vision with Murray and Kliff to be one of the most dynamic and exciting offensives in the NFL, and the Cardinals had to go all in.

As far as our WR room goes, don't forget that we also took a flyer on Kevin White. He was a first round draft pick by the Bears in 2015. He is 6'3", 216lb big body receiver for Murray to throw to. His professional career has been injury after injury, so the bears declined the 5th year option and released him. I think he was a great grab for Keim because we took him on a one year flyer. He has the potential to finally have a breakout season and show why he was drafted 7th overall, or maybe he will get injured again. Either way, it was very low risk, very high reward.

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Great post, I completely agree with everything you said.

I'm not going to pretend like I know Kliff Kingsbury and his style of coaching, but from everything I have read about him, he is considered a great offensive mind. He definitely has a lot to prove, and I think Michael is going to give him a couple years to let things develop and grow. This roster is completely different from top to bottom versus the 2018 roster, so we are not going to be watching the same team as last year.

The reason they were not happy with Coach Wilks was because he took a great defense and completely destroyed it, and ran it into the ground. He tried to take something that was not broke, and fix it. I am referring to going from a 3-4 to a 4-3. This defense will be playing a 3-4 once again, and I expect them to return to form as a great defensive team. Wilks had a lot of other issues outside of that though, including game management and chemistry with the players. It was just crystal clear that they got the hire wrong, and it was time to change direction and not compound the problem. People are quick to criticize the Cardinals and Keim for hiring Wilks and firing him the very next year. The fact is, if you feel like you made a mistake, it's much better to just go ahead and admit it and change direction rather then let it play out slowly and continue to set your franchise back. It was a tough call to make, but I appreciate Michael's willingness to nip it in the bud.

I truly do believe that they liked Josh Rosen, and I still think that Rosen has the potential to be great in Miami. They were in a very unique situation where they had the number 1 pick in the draft, and Kyler Murray was clearly a special talent. I am a firm believer that you need to take the best player available to you, and it was obvious to them that Murray needed to be a Cardinal. The media is going to criticize Arizona for the amount of picks and value they lost in the entirety of the Rosen draft and trade, but if they felt like they absolutely had to have Murray to run Kliffs offense, then you just have to get what you can get for Rosen and cut your losses. It sucks, but there is no way around it. Arizona has a vision with Murray and Kliff to be one of the most dynamic and exciting offensives in the NFL, and the Cardinals had to go all in.

As far as our WR room goes, don't forget that we also took a flyer on Kevin White. He was a first round draft pick by the Bears in 2015. He is 6'3", 216lb big body receiver for Murray to throw to. His professional career has been injury after injury, so the bears declined the 5th year option and released him. I think he was a great grab for Keim because we took him on a one year flyer. He has the potential to finally have a breakout season and show why he was drafted 7th overall, or maybe he will get injured again. Either way, it was very low risk, very high reward.
Yep, it's going to be a wildly different roster despite having a number of the same core players with both sides of the ball changing systems and having more competent coaches across the board. I think that can't be stressed enough too, one of the main reasons I feel more comfortable in giving Kingsbury a shot is that (and I give Keim credit here) we surrounded him with a terrific staff. Clements will be huge for KK as I said in developing a system that works at this level and helping develop Murray, we poached the Steelers RB coach who not only coached Bell, but also Conner and the latter filled in admirably when Bell held out. Easily an upgrade for us. Another upgrade with our new OL coach who can hopefully coach up what we have and Vance is certainly a more proven DC than what we had last year plus knows how to coach the system we're meant to run with what we have. Better coaching will go a long ways.

The defense was perhaps Wilk's greatest crime as it was the one part of the team we didn't have to worry about going into that season, the one part of the team that should have been solid for him and it will never cease to blow my mind that a former DC could be that utterly stupid and inept to not know better than changing the system without getting the right personnel first. Wilk's lied before the season started stating he acknowledged that our D was great and he wasn't going to make any drastic changes to it.... We drafted offense with every pick last year save one late and didn't sign any 4-3 system players in FA so why in gods name did he do what he did? He had a multi-year contract, why did he think he had to force the change before getting the right players for his system? We didn't have a precedent of firing coaches after a single season and why not at least give the perennial talented D a chance to prove it can still play at that level under his DC playing the system they've had so much success in before forcing a change to his system? Nothing about it made a lick of sense, completely inept. I laughed my ass off and rolled my eyes out of my head at all the morons that suggested he was fired after one year for being black. Give me a fucking break, he "led" us into the worst season in franchise history after we achieved 8-8 with backup QBs and no David Johnson the previous year. He reverted a top 5-7 D in the league to 31-32nd with the same studs on the team... He never made adjustments, his staff was horrendous, play calling atrocious by his chosen OC. He literally failed in everything he did save maintaining a calm demeanor *cue "this is fine" burning room .gif". This wasn't a case of a guy assuming a position over a 2 win team that had low expectations. There's not a single argument for giving him another year to develop the team with the bone headed decisions he made. Like you said, the change on D alone when you're supposed to be a defensive mind is inexcusable and no doubt a large factor in him getting canned considering how quick Keim was to say we were going back to 3-4 before we had even selected a new coach. Guy was a massive mistake and we thankfully moved quickly to correct it.

Yeah there's no defending how Keim handled the Rosen trade but at the end of the day, if Murray works out, no one will care or remember and at least we managed a 2nd rounder (plus the 5th next year) when most felt we wouldn't ever get more than a third with our leverage gone. I have zero doubts Rosen could become a stud on a roster with a good OL and stable coaching. Unfortunately for him, he went to a roster that had the next lowest OL grade after us last season... Poor guy can't catch a break. I can't lie, despite being pragmatic enough to know this could blow up in our face, I'm quite excited to see KK and Murray work together. If he shows promise in his rookie year, how excited we will be next off season with the options for upgrading the OL further?! Phew, calm down and see how this season goes first hehe

Oh believe me, I remember we have White, I thought I mentioned him but that must have been in another thread or maybe on the Cards forum. Hicks and White could be huge for the team if they stay healthy. I think Hicks has a better chance than White but man, if White can pull it off and look anything like he did in college...our WR group will be insane. I expect us to keep Fitz-Kirk-Isabella-Butler-Keeshawn Johnson-White or Pharoh. White if he looks like his old self in training camp and pre-season but Pharoh is a serious factor on ST so if White doesn't show enough, he might edge him out. Hard to imagine White lasting on the practice squad, someone would take a flyer.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that reminds me years back at a club my buddy had a group of girls thinking he played for the Niners until another friend came in and blew up his spot.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
2m2 minutes ago

New Seahawks' DE Ziggy Ansah still is recovering from shoulder surgery that is expected to keep him out of training camp or longer; some league sources believe Ansah could miss the first month of this season, at least

Hawks signed Ziggy Ansah to one year deal and won't be ready for a while.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
The Seahawks have released Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin.

End of a fucking era. Hold me, Hawks-Era.