• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I am a lot higher on Bell for the Jets. He is their best RB and WR right off the bat. For teams who don't have cap room, signing an RB makes no sense and you can find a guy in the draft. But the Jets needed a spark.

Just too much for a RB, you should be trying to throw to RBs less often not make them your star receiver when Robby Anderson is an emerging talent there, spend money to get more help not waste it on an aging RB.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
The deal with Bell is basically a 2 year deal. But also, he's literally the best receiver on that team. Even if he failed as a RB, his receiver skills would basically turn him into a more dynamic Jarvis Landry who got 16m/year.

Robby's a good deep threat and MIGHT develop into a true #1, but he's not there right now.
I love Q but he's always hurt and the definition of an overachieving slot guy
Crowder's just another slot guy

We let go of Kearse who had zero chemistry with Darnold and was just a solid #2. None of our draft picks at receiver have panned out the last 3-4 years. Outside of trading for a true #1 like AJ Green, Bell was literally the best WR on the market. The fact that he's also a top 5 RB (and coming off a year of rest) just makes it even more worth it.

Even if it doesn't work out, I'd find it really hard to shit on signing him. If he doesn't perform I'd put that more on "offensive genius" Crazy-Eyes not knowing how to use a dynamic RB.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
D6p2hPaX4AYIuKj

Hahahaha.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The most confusing thing to me in this whole mess is that they hired Gase who no other team in need of a coach even considered. Why? He was a failure in Miami, didn't get along with the owner (rumors are he would yell and curse at him), didn't get along with the GM who then was fired, and got rid of players who he butted heads with. But then even when he got "his guys" in, they still had issues with some players requesting trades if he was brought back.

So this is who we know Gase to be. Yet the Jets still hired him. Why? Cause Payton Manning put in a nice word for him. Manning, who was already the established HOF one of the top 5 QBs of all time, put in a nice word and the gullible Jets bought in as if he developed Manning.

Macc deserved to be fired based on his own record and history. I was on record saying he should have been let go before Bowles or both go at the same time. But they kept Mac and let Bowles go. Conflicting information on if he was all in on Gase or if Gase was the ownership hire. So if you have all these disagreements and tension, why keep Mac? For what? You let him run one of the most important Jets offseason which might shape the development of Darnold for the next 3-5 years and then fire him? WTF?

And laughable to see Boomer "I am not a MAGA racist" Esiason defend this move this morning.

Even after all that, if you wanted to fire Mac, why is Gase the interim GM? Outside of Belichek is there any other coach who is also the GM of the team? What has Gase ever done to warrant the GM title as well? Cause Manning likes him?

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I hope I wasn't the only one who just watched Greenberg's incoherent 3 minute rant about the jets because that is how everybody feels

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I won't shit on the Jets, but I will spend more time to shit on somebody who truly deserves it.

11vqlpj.png

Oct 25, 2017
The most confusing thing to me in this whole mess is that they hired Gase who no other team in need of a coach even considered. Why? He was a failure in Miami, didn't get along with the owner (rumors are he would yell and curse at him), didn't get along with the GM who then was fired, and got rid of players who he butted heads with. But then even when he got "his guys" in, they still had issues with some players requesting trades if he was brought back.

So this is who we know Gase to be. Yet the Jets still hired him. Why? Cause Payton Manning put in a nice word for him. Manning, who was already the established HOF one of the top 5 QBs of all time, put in a nice word and the gullible Jets bought in as if he developed Manning.

Macc deserved to be fired based on his own record and history. I was on record saying he should have been let go before Bowles or both go at the same time. But they kept Mac and let Bowles go. Conflicting information on if he was all in on Gase or if Gase was the ownership hire. So if you have all these disagreements and tension, why keep Mac? For what? You let him run one of the most important Jets offseason which might shape the development of Darnold for the next 3-5 years and then fire him? WTF?

And laughable to see Boomer "I am not a MAGA racist" Esiason defend this move this morning.

Even after all that, if you wanted to fire Mac, why is Gase the interim GM? Outside of Belichek is there any other coach who is also the GM of the team? What has Gase ever done to warrant the GM title as well? Cause Manning likes him?

I wouldn't listen to closely about what happened with Gase in Miami, Ross was going to keep him but Gase didn't want to stay around for a rebuild. And plenty of players came out in support of Gase when he left. Also Arizona also interviewed him so it wasn't only the jets that were interested.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I've been off the Peterson bandwagon since last season. Dude has not been worthy of the captain badge and could take a lesson out of Larry's book on how to be a pro. This PED suspension is just the icing on the cake.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
John Gambadoro is reporting that the reason Patrick Peterson has had a rift with the organization this off season is because he knew the suspension was coming and he wanted the team to rework his contact to save him some money on the suspension. What a loser.

The Byron Murphy pick at 33 makes complete sense now. The team knew he was getting suspended.

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I don't get this fucking NFL QB grooming bullshit. Like, why is this a story? In what universe should Flacco, Grey Dick, or Bathroom Floor be required to coach new talent?

That's the coaching staff's job. You just give some basic Bull Durham advise.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Would you want Flacco grooming your next QB anyway? What possible advice could he give Lock? How to chuck it to the fastest guy on the team? How to buy khakis?

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Dude should write a book on how to be elite.

The art of the underthrow (how to gain big yardage via dpi) - by Joe Flacco

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
I don't get this fucking NFL QB grooming bullshit. Like, why is this a story? In what universe should Flacco, Grey Dick, or Bathroom Floor be required to coach new talent?

That's the coaching staff's job. You just give some basic Bull Durham advise.
Smith groomed Mahomes. Flacco is being purposely shitty.