• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool that Smith did that, I just don't think that's Flacco's or any other starters job. Flacco didn't say he wouldn't help Lock, he just said it's on Lock to observe, ask questions, absorb, which is true.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
As a Bears fan, I apologize to all Dolphins and Jets fans that Trestman was so awful that he made Gase look good enough to doom both your franchises for years to come. It was honestly not intentional. We still don't know how he got Jay Cutler to care for more than 15 minutes a game. The current assumption is that he bonded with his wife about anti-vax stuff.

On a lighter note, what's everyone's favorite to be on Hard Knocks? I'm guessing the Washington Racists

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Washington would be perfect since their DB's love to talk and their rookie QB and his daddy have a brand to build.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Washington would be perfect since their DB's love to talk and their rookie QB and his daddy have a brand to build.
Yeah, there's a lot of storylines and personalities to play up too.
Surely it's the Raiders?
They're 100% saving the Raiders for next year when they're finally in Vegas

Some people want the Browns again since they made so many strides.
Browns aren't eligible since they just did it and have a new head coach. There's actually only 5 eligible teams this year:
  • 49ers
  • Raiders
  • Washington
  • Lions
  • Giants
And the 49ers are pretty confident it's not them.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Browns aren't eligible since they just did it and have a new head coach. There's actually only 5 eligible teams this year:
  • 49ers
  • Raiders
  • Washington
  • Lions
  • Giants
And the 49ers are pretty confident it's not them.

Those are the only teams that are eligible to be forced to do it. Any other team can volunteer. The NFL should offer an incentive to do the show. A minor but meaningful incentive, like an extra roster spot or something.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

tenor.gif

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Was at a new home today and wearing some Steelers gear, as is my wont. The builder rolls up and asks me how I think our Steelers are going to do this upcoming season. I'm like, 'well, we'll see. I think they'll probably make the playoffs, but that's it.' He then goes on a diatribe about how the Steelers won't be doing anything with Ben and Ben needs to go and Ben's over paid and Ben's over the hill, etc. Ladies and gentlemen, I have met DeaconKnowledge !

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Josh Norman talking shit about Giants lol dude forget about 40-16 last season in your own house, Giants stop trying in the 3rd quarter, lol..

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Josh Norman talking shit about Giants lol dude forget about 40-16 last season in your own house, Giants stop trying in the 3rd quarter, lol..

Shortly after this, Fred Smoot was on Redskins Talk podcast and said this:

"You have to ask yourself, 'Where am I expendable?'" Smoot said on the pod. "I'm going to look at that big cap number that Josh Norman has and that's going to make me want to release him."

Dude got benched after the Giants put up 40 on his squad. I don't know where all this winning is coming from he talks about.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What skills has Peyton Manning shown that would lead anyone to believe he can be a general manager? Selling pizzas?

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
What was John Lynch doing before signing on with SF? Commentating, right?

Kind of surprised they don't go after Daniel Jeremiah or Louis Riddick. Former scouts and younger options.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
What was John Lynch doing before signing on with SF? Commentating, right?

Kind of surprised they don't go after Daniel Jeremiah or Louis Riddick. Former scouts and younger options.
Daniel Jeremiah is on the list

It's supposedly him, Peyton, and Joe Douglas as the people the Jets are targeting.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a decision for a while though... draft is over and free agency is in between stage 3 and 4 right now. A GM is only necessary for making trades at this point.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
What skills has Peyton Manning shown that would lead anyone to believe he can be a general manager? Selling pizzas?
When I heard that the Jets were interested in Manning the first thing I thought of was Howie Roseman talking about how different being a GM is from public opinion, and how so much of the job is grinding and putting in long hours. I wonder if Manning would really commit to that when he is already so rich and successful.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
He's an asshole so you won't find much sympathy from me, but DAMN that's a massive hit to our defense
Oh well, we can always draft Dylan Moses in a trade down after we go 5-11 or worse, he goes to Bama right?