• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
154 million over 6 years. That is way cheaper than I expected.

Edit: I'm dumb. His extension years make it 32 million a season.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Right in line with what I expected, glad it got done

And now Goff and Dak have a ton of leverage

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck, Eagles fans. Really hope Wentz stays healthy and balls out for y'all.

That Dak contract is gonna be hilariou

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Friendly reminder the ring ceremony is today.

Destiny arrives.

tom-brady-thanos-super-bowl-53-1156821-1280x0.jpeg

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Brady looks really old in that picture. Like he's always managed to look a solid 10 years younger than he is, but idk. He's got some weird leathery tan going on and it makes him look 50.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was not a flattering picture.

And I am a bit surprised they didn't build him a custom infinity gauntlet tbh

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I'll never get the over the top reactions to any QB deal. Each QB gets more money than the last and Wentz is no different, although depending on how you look at it, he isn't the highest paid nor is he the highest in total guarantees.

And the Eagles are all in on him, already moved on from Foles, so of couse, they are going to pay him. I trust Howie with how he structures the cap (more than his ability to scout certainly) so I have zero issues with the extension, the $$$, or how it will affect the team.

I think I read that 17 of the 22 starters are signed through 2020 and that the core of the team is signed through 2022. Not let's get Malcolm back in the fold and make a run at it!

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Plus the eagles are clearly going all in this year and maybe next year, since the CBA negotiations could change a lot of these contracts

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Wentz has a solid line now so he has no excuse now.

He has had a solid oline for his entire time here now. His issue isn't that the oline is bad, its just that the league is a passing league so they barely run the ball and his style of QB play involves running around and extending the play. Injuries are the only question mark cause when healthy he showed he can play at a top elite mvp level.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Really considering cutting off Direct Tv (dish) and going with either their streaming option or the Youtube TV service. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Both are at $50, provide local channels plus TNT, TBS, ESPN/ESPN2 for live sports. Both don't have the NFL Network but Youtube tv does have NBA tv which is a plus.

Do we know how the NFL is dividing up Thurs Night Football this fall? Games on NFLN and Fox? Fox and then split with NBC? Will they also be streamed on Amazon Prime and or twitter? The only reason I would need NFLN is for TNF but if those games are available on Fox, NBC, Twitter, or Amazon P, I would have zero hesitation to make the jump.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Really considering cutting off Direct Tv (dish) and going with either their streaming option or the Youtube TV service. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Both are at $50, provide local channels plus TNT, TBS, ESPN/ESPN2 for live sports. Both don't have the NFL Network but Youtube tv does have NBA tv which is a plus.

Do we know how the NFL is dividing up Thurs Night Football this fall? Games on NFLN and Fox? Fox and then split with NBC? Will they also be streamed on Amazon Prime and or twitter? The only reason I would need NFLN is for TNF but if those games are available on Fox, NBC, Twitter, or Amazon P, I would have zero hesitation to make the jump.
NFLN gets the weaker games I know that, I think Sling is your best bet if you want local games + the cable stuff.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
People don't talk about it much but Giselle might as well get the last 3 super bowl rings.

She made more money than Tom so Tom could take pay cuts.

Tom took "Pay cuts" by having a pseudo-science health center built right by the stadium so the Patriots can flush money into that venture for him while saving on the cap.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
People don't talk about it much but Giselle might as well get the last 3 super bowl rings.

She made more money than Tom so Tom could take pay cuts.
Tom took "Pay cuts" by having a pseudo-science health center built right by the stadium so the Patriots can flush money into that venture for him while saving on the cap.

Exactly. The Pats have been paying in non-conventional ways. It is a scam.

Eagles are going to regret giving Wentz that money

As opposed to what alternative? These deals always have outs for teams say if he just can't continue to play.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
NFLN gets the weaker games I know that, I think Sling is your best bet if you want local games + the cable stuff.

Problem with the Sling is their package which has NFL network doesn't have ESPN. The blue channel set has it but orange doesn't. Additionally, they don't have CBS or ABC on the blue package and none of the locals on the orange option.

Unfortunately, I don't see any streaming option that has NFLN, all the local channels, ESPN, TNT, and TBS.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Problem with the Sling is their package which has NFL network doesn't have ESPN. The blue channel set has it but orange doesn't. Additionally, they don't have CBS or ABC on the blue package and none of the locals on the orange option.

Unfortunately, I don't see any streaming option that has NFLN, all the local channels, ESPN, TNT, and TBS.

You probably tried Vue. I moved on but when had, recall them having most of the locals for my location and had NFLN and Redzone. Biggest thing I miss from Vue is redzone (currently on Hulu live).

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to cancel Sunday Ticket and figure out how Europe watches the NFL dangit.

At least I can catch one Jags game live in the UK this year.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
You probably tried Vue. I moved on but when had, recall them having most of the locals for my location and had NFLN and Redzone. Biggest thing I miss from Vue is redzone (currently on Hulu live).

Actually, I somehow overlooked PSVue. Their most basic package is $45 and doesn't include NFLN but the Core package which is $50 per month has NFNL, all the local channels, and ESPN channels. Might be the most complete deal for what I'd like.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. The Pats have been paying in non-conventional ways. It is a scam.

Rest of the NFL hasn't figured it out it seems.

And I think Alex G is a hack but I'm not about to start doubting whatever keeps brady playing at this level at this age.

If it wasn't for his family pressuring him to retire I don't think he would until no team in the NFL wanted him