• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
That's losing solid depth, future draft capital, and given his contract demands, a lot of cap space for a rusher that would likely not see the field more than 60% of the time

Well they did just trade up for Montez Sweat to go alongside Kerrigan. Seems pretty quick to give up on a guy that quickly, especially given the resources they spent on him

It is not giving up on Sweat, who is going to take time to develop, it is about making your team strengths better. Washington Oline is fucked regardless and Williams is not playing for them this year.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
It is not giving up on Sweat, who is going to take time to develop, it is about making your team strengths better. Washington Oline is fucked regardless and Williams is not playing for them this year.
Yeah I suppose so, that's sinking a lot of money into the DL tho, especially given all the contracts that they'll have up soon. Plus, I'm pretty sure Clowney would need to sign his tender before a trade can happen, so he can technically void the trade (which given Washington's FO situation, I think he definitely would)

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I suppose so, that's sinking a lot of money into the DL tho, especially given all the contracts that they'll have up soon. Plus, I'm pretty sure Clowney would need to sign his tender before a trade can happen, so he can technically void the trade (which given Washington's FO situation, I think he definitely would)

A lot of their Dline is still rookie contracts they can easily take the hit for 2-3 years on Clowney and move one from Ryan if need be after this year is Sweat is showing development.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't trade a player that isn't under contract.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of their Dline is still rookie contracts they can easily take the hit for 2-3 years on Clowney and move one from Ryan if need be after this year is Sweat is showing development.
Ah I thought Jonathan Allen was 2016, not 2017, so I thought the first of their DL contracts was coming up this year. Well still, I doubt they'd do it and Clowney could block it
Can't trade a player that isn't under contract.
Right, until he signs his tender he's not under contract

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Why I said earlier Clowney has all the leverage here. He can control where he goes by just refusing to sign. My guess is Houston wants something better than a 3rd as that is what they would get if he walked in FA as compensation

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

giphy.gif

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Even as a Raider fan, I felt the first episode of Hard Knocks was only OK. Episode 2 however is some good shit.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, ep 2 is way better. Lots more cussin by Chuckie, and Mike Mayock should not be allowed to cuss.

Tough break for Maxx, his girlfriend is pretty cute though.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Ross Tucker said yesterday that he has heard from multiple sources that Dak never asked for $40m and that Jerry and Stephen Jones were putting that out there to make him look bad. Seems crazy to piss off your teams QB right before the season starts but what do I know.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Man the Eagles were so smart to get the Wentz deal early and under the radar. Now they set up Dak to ask for more.