• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that it's over. Where will *Pats fans go next?

• San Francisco

• Tennessee

• Stay Put

• Hell

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Garrapolo was top 5 in TDs, Y/A, and Completion %, He did have a bad 4th quarter in the superbowl combined with really good plays from the chiefs, but I feel like it's a bit early to say he's 'limited' or we've seen all that we are going to see from him coming off an ACL tear with fewer starts then Baker mayfield.

I expect him to improve next season, which he will need to if the 49ers cannot resign sign Armstead or Jimmy Ward
those stats weren't hard to do when you look at the other QB's in the league I mean even Dak had stats. and Jimmy G had about as many attempts as Minshew and he only played 14 games or Josh Allen and he played 0 games

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
He's just limited in what he can do. He's not good at throwing down the field or outside the numbers. He's not mobile (he's a statue compared to most modern QBs) and doesn't handle pressure well. He's actually pretty turnover prone. He's not comfortable in the drop back passing game, almost all of his production comes off of playaction to easy reads over the middle of the field. The guy is also 28 and has played his entire 7 year career under excellent coaching staffs, there's not much reason to think he's going to dramatically change as a player.

He's a guy you can win a Superbowl with if you have the perfect team around him, but the margin for error won't be that large. Which we saw in the Superbowl.
We have also seen a very recent example of this with Goff. He had a great year when his team had great injury luck, a really good defense, and also built up a ton of stats using a new scheme with play action. The Rams next year wasn't all as perfectly aligned. While I do expect the Rams to be better next year, and I think the 9ers are less susceptible to what the Rams went through, your point about the margin error is dead accurate.

The short of it is, unless you are a team with one of the greatest QBs and coaches, playing in an awful division nearly guaranteeing you a bye and home field advantage year after year, it's just really fuckin hard to make the Super Bowl. Jimmy and Shanahan are good, not great. The NFC West is tough with Seattle and LA. It is tough to expect Super Bowl appearances consistently with those factors.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
To all those "enjoying" XFL games, I better not see you complain about the quality of the second halves of preseason games ever again

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The losers of every Super Bowl says some form of "we will be back", most of them never go back
Losers curse is legit..
Only 5 teams in SB era have made it back after losing.. Dallas, Minnesota , Denver, Buffalo, and New England.....
Dallas and NE only teams to win a SB after losing it the previous year, other teams were back to back losers..
Minnesota is the first back to back losers, then Denver, and the infamous Buffalo Bills..
History isn't on 9ers side, the 9ers came out of no where, wouldn't be shock if they went back to no whereville..

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
To all those "enjoying" XFL games, I better not see you complain about the quality of the second halves of preseason games ever again
Watching the games yesterday, they really felt like the 4th preseason games. Your Kyle Lauletta's get their moment and everyone has a good time. But people shouldn't pretend it's quality.

Some blatant helmet shots in those games too being uncalled.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not only NOT watching the XFL games, I hope the Tampa team loses.

I had a non-Bucs pro team, THE APOLLOS WERE GONNA DO IT DAMMIT!

Go Bucs.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Dave summed up my thoughts pretty well:

This isn't the worst part of the year, football wise. It gets really bad between the draft and the opening of camps.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Losers curse is legit..
Only 5 teams in SB era have made it back after losing.. Dallas, Minnesota , Denver, Buffalo, and New England.....
Dallas and NE only teams to win a SB after losing it the previous year, other teams were back to back losers..
Minnesota is the first back to back losers, then Denver, and the infamous Buffalo Bills..
History isn't on 9ers side, the 9ers came out of no where, wouldn't be shock if they went back to no whereville..
That's crazy, the 49ers kept the majority of their coaches, have one of the youngest most talented cores in the league. Sure they probably won't go back to the bowl right away just because of how hard it is, but they aren't going to be the rams

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy, the 49ers kept the majority of their coaches, have one of the youngest most talented cores in the league. Sure they probably won't go back to the bowl right away just because of how hard it is, but they aren't going to be the rams
Last year nobody thought the Rams would become the Rams

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna fight you guys about the Rams, but then I realize you guys are right.

but we got Jimmy G! lol

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Man this off season feels funny. Still enjoying the super bowl high, but nervous on where we land with our free agents and other acquisitions.

Let's go chiefs

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
He is moving to FL cause that is where he is from but it isn't guaranteed he plays for an FL team.

I can see Indy being a real possibility.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
If there's a chance at a FA QB, I'd hope more for Indy to get Bridgewater. Brady and Rivers are too old and Jameis is well.... Jameis

Unless there was a 1% chance at getting Dak. Please Jerry, get Brady and let Dak walk.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Rivers should just retire. I know it's hard to do when you have 9 kids, but 16-years playing QB in one of the best NFL U.S. cities -- he's had a great career and life.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Rivers gonna retire, he wants to be a starter but that QB class coming in is strong.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Every team is going to be paying QBs bank. Dak is getting $38 million a year. Mahomes and Watson will get crazy money. Lamar Jackson will be up the year after those two. Hell, Tannehill is going to get paid. Saints will end up resigning Brees and with all the dead cap already associated with how they restructured his deal, end up with like a $50 million cap hit for him.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
If there's a chance at a FA QB, I'd hope more for Indy to get Bridgewater. Brady and Rivers are too old and Jameis is well.... Jameis

Unless there was a 1% chance at getting Dak. Please Jerry, get Brady and let Dak walk.
Definitely no to Jameid lol. Rivers wouldn't be bad for a year if they draft a rookie to sit and learn.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
All of these teams are fucked.

EQc8NOTW4AUBNUY

I can't speak for the other teams, but the Eagles are fine. In fact, they have the most cap space and draft picks this offseason than they have had in ages.

I want Rivers and Eason.

Any new mock drafts out?

Really curious where these QBs go.

• Does Tenn stick with Tannehill?
  • Where does Rivers go? Cam? Mariota? Dalton? Teddy? Flacco? I'd take Dalton or Mariota on the Eagles as the backup to Wentz. Cam should try to force his way to Chicago.
  • Dak and Brady aren't going anywhere. This is the biggest nonsense non-story ever.
  • I think Winston stays in TB
  • I think Jax tries to trade Foles to Indy but I doubt they can move that contract.