• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that it's over. Where will *Pats fans go next?

• San Francisco

• Tennessee

• Stay Put

• Hell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
0bczw4n7zdg41.jpg

It's going to be a great off season!

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I can't speak for the other teams, but the Eagles are fine. In fact, they have the most cap space and draft picks this offseason than they have had in ages.

Really curious where these QBs go.

• Does Tenn stick with Tannehill?
  • Where does Rivers go? Cam? Mariota? Dalton? Teddy? Flacco? I'd take Dalton or Mariota on the Eagles as the backup to Wentz. Cam should try to force his way to Chicago.
  • Dak and Brady aren't going anywhere. This is the biggest nonsense non-story ever.
  • I think Winston stays in TB
  • I think Jax tries to trade Foles to Indy but I doubt they can move that contract.
Tannehilll to the Pats
Dak to the Bengals
Brady to the chargers
Winston to the cowboys
Dalton to Denny's

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I'm going full Las Vegas Raiders at my new job. Gonna get fitted for lead vest/skirt, deck it out with silver and black with a Raiders logo and a Raiders surgical cap. I guess I'll need to find some black facemasks since all these cowards buying them up thinking they got coronavirus or some shit.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expectations seem low for Dallas this year so that means we're in for a 12-4 season with a first round exit.

May 25, 2019
London
So in effect, only a six game suspension for Garrett. What a dangerous precedent.

Seems like a worthwhile tradeoff to potentially put another team's star out of commission. Have my third-string defenstive tackle take a helmet to Mahomes in Week 1

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
So basically everyone forgot about the Garrett thing and Cleveland wants its star player back. Makes sense.

Also, we're a fort again!

OP
OP
Fantomex

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
This offseason i'm really intrigued by what the Saints are going to do. It seems the majority of their fans either want Taysom HIll to be the starting QB and to let Teddy go if Brees retires.

I don't think Taysom hill will last a year to be honest. It's different when you have to read defenses and play every snap.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
This offseason i'm really intrigued by what the Saints are going to do. It seems the majority of their fans either want Taysom HIll to be the starting QB and to let Teddy go if Brees retires.

I don't think Taysom hill will last a year to be honest. It's different when you have to read defenses and play every snap.

Taysom Hill could be another Matt Flynn.

Mediocre player in a very good system playing in the right situations.

Oct 25, 2017
I want the entire Saints first and second string to just suddenly retire.
And Brady to never play football again, with his last pass ever being a TAINT.

And the Cheat to get sent to the XFL.

And Lyle to give me bits again like the good ol' days.
That's probably the only one that has any chance of happening.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt any team is stupid enough to invest big money is Taysom Hill. Dude was constantly injured in college and is older than Jimmy G. The role he has now is perfect; Limits his playtime and accentuates his strengths.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Looking over the top 100 rankings of 2020 FAs and had thoughts about potential Eagles targets:

• Linebackers: I think KGH and Bradham are gone. Most likely they draft or wait until the UDFA pool but...
    • LB Cory Littleton - only 26 yrs old and can do all things well, even if he isn't a standout at one particular thing. Considering the Rams cap situation, I don't see them bringing him back. The Eagles would have to pay a lot but I think they should. Then again its at LB and they hate the position.
    • LB Joe Schobert - knowing how the Eagles don't want to spend tons on LB, Joe makes more sense at LB than Littleton who probably will get more in the open market. Joe is a good 2nd option. Also only 26 yrs old. I would prefer these two over a Blake Martinez.
    • LB Nick Kwiatkoski - good 3rd option which again causes the Eagles don't like to invest at LB, might be in their wheelhouse financially. Age fits too. They want to get young all over and he is 27 yrs old.
  • WRs: They will draft from a loaded class. Maybe in double dip in the first 3 rounds. They could end up with 1-2 studs but still need to sign an FA
    • WR Robby Anderson - really depends on how they see the market, what they do with Alshon, and how much $$$ they want to invest in the position. Clearly the top choice but I think the price will keep them away.
    • WR Breshad Perriman - had a great 2nd half of the season last year. Not sure if they will need to break the bank for him but he would be a good compliment next to DJAX, Alshon, JJ, Ward, and hopefully whoever they take in round 1.
    • WR Demarcus Robinson - if they don't want to spend much $$$ and take a chance on a guy breaking out, I guess it would be Robinson.
  • G/C:
    • Graham Glasgow - if and only if Kelce retires.
  • CB: Much like WRs, this group needs a total overhaul. Combo of draft + 1 FA at least:
    • CB Byron Jones - top choice. I think between WR and CB the Eagles make a big splash FA signing. Its either Byron Jones or WR Robby Anderson. Who do they want to pay $15 + to? If they select Jones, they can pair him up with who they have right now and then take a CB early in the draft.
    • CB Trae Waynes - don't know much about him but he's been a bust in Minn, right? Still, only 28 and maybe a change of scenery help? It depends on the market. He'd be better than any corner the Eagles have right now on the team.
    • CB Eli Apple - would not want but he is 25, better with the Saints than he was with the Giants, and I can see Howie taking a flyer on him.
    • CB Bradly Roby - like Waynes, same age, question marks all over the place but probably looking for top money after a 1 yr prove-it deal last season. Also, I think the Eagles are bringing back Mills and will keep Avonte and Sid Jones around. How much better is he than them?
    • CB Kendall Fuller - pretty much the same as above. The Eagles might take interest just to change the group and he is only 25.
    • CB Bashaud Breeland - same as above. KC's D was bad. So how much are these guys better?
  • DE/DT: most yrs the Eagles would add to DL first and foremost. Don't think they do it this year, plus they have tons of young guys they want to play/develop. They spent 4th round pics at DE and traded for a DE from Cleveland, plus Graham and Barnett are locked to start. Malik Jackson will be back to start opposite Cox, though both are older and could use a 3rd DT who is younger.
    • DT Danny Shelton - good run stuffer. I can see them being interested in him. Age fits and he hasn't lived up to his draft billing so I could see them getting him for less $$$
    • DE Shaq Lawson - only 26 yrs old, breakout season, and could be a great add to back up Graham who is 30+.
    • DT/DE - Arik Armstead - would love but too much money and they aren't signing someone to replace their starters.
  • S/FS: personally think they bring back both Jenkins and McLeod so I don't expect them to sign a FA S, and instead draft their replacements, but in case they only bring back 1 out of the 2:
    • S Anthony Harris - Vikings probably bring him back but is he worth it when he himself is 29?
    • S Justin Simmons - if the Eagles valued S and weren't bringing back McLeod, he would be the guy they should target and pay big $$$ to. But they don't and won't.
  • QB: McCown is probably going to retire again. Do they want to pay $3m to Sudfeld who they demoted to #3? Or let him walk and sign a proper backup?
    • QB Marcus Mariota - can fix his game, back up Wentz, has tons of experience, and I think would be a perfect locker room fit.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the same way when the Steelers signed Steven Nelson but the guy was awesome last year.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Chiefs had a good pass defense (6th in DVOA), I'm not sure why you think playing for that unit impinges on Breeland and Fuller.

Thanks, I wasn't aware. Honestly haven't read up much about their corners but both are young (25 and 28) but are probably looking for a good payday. Doubt the Eagles will have enough interest to satisfy their demands. If the Eagles are willing to spend on corner, I'd rather they target the top end.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Looking over the top 100 rankings of 2020 FAs and had thoughts about potential Eagles targets:

• WRs: They will draft from a loaded class. Maybe in double dip in the first 3 rounds. They could end up with 1-2 studs but still need to sign an FA
    • WR Robby Anderson - really depends on how they see the market, what they do with Alshon, and how much $$$ they want to invest in the position. Clearly the top choice but I think the price will keep them away.
    • WR Breshad Perriman - had a great 2nd half of the season last year. Not sure if they will need to break the bank for him but he would be a good compliment next to DJAX, Alshon, JJ, Ward, and hopefully whoever they take in round 1.
    • WR Demarcus Robinson - if they don't want to spend much $$$ and take a chance on a guy breaking out, I guess it would be Robinson.

Was listening to the Adam Caplan podcast and they were reviewing WRs in FA. He is pretty plugged in and breaks a lot of news around the league but in particular about the Eagles.

He seems to think the Eagles will be far more into Perriman over Anderson, simply due to the $$$ involved. Also brought up a WR I forgot to include, Philip Dorsett. Says he is a one-trick pony but its what the Eagles lack severely: pure speed. If they are not in the marker for Anderson, I can see them going after Dorsett on a cheap maybe 1 yr deal.

I was surprised he didn't mention much about Alshon at all. Most Eagles fan and beat writers are convinced he is the one who was leaking locker room stuff and taking shots at Wentz through Josina Anderson. Most fans want him gone but considering the money committed/guaranteed to him, his age, and his current injury and history - I just don't see how the Eagles move on from Alshon.

If they cut him, it will cost them $20m against the cap. I don't think any team wants to trade for him unless its some Brock type of deal where a team with tons of cap space takes him on and acquires a pick as well from the Eagles. I think fans need to come to terms with him being back.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
If he wants to play for a contender, he should be looking for less money. He's not a top CB but was paid as one in DC.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Jags considering cutting AJ Bouye? He would be a huge FA on the market. How has been in Jax? Still a top CB?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Ravens cut S Jefferson:

He could be an option for the Eagles depending on what they do with Jenkins and McLeod.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

Jon Gruden baby!! Brady had the worst year of his career last year, which makes sense because hes 42. Going to pay 30 million for a guy who was worse than Carr. I still can't imagine him actually leaving NE though