• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that it's over. Where will *Pats fans go next?

• San Francisco

• Tennessee

• Stay Put

• Hell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he lasts past the top 15 picks.

EDIT - in fact, I would hope a team that badly needs a WR just like him, say the Eagles....move up to get him if he is available around the middle of the 1st rd. No way he goes late in the first round.
I'd love Ruggs but I probably wouldn't want to move up much past 17, starts costing too much. He'd be a perfect fit for the team, but if we're having to give away 3-4 picks just to get him, it's better to keep the picks in this class. Plenty of guys that can fill that burner role, and if they don't trade up then they can select two

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I'd love Ruggs but I probably wouldn't want to move up much past 17, starts costing too much. He'd be a perfect fit for the team, but if we're having to give away 3-4 picks just to get him, it's better to keep the picks in this class. Plenty of guys that can fill that burner role, and if they don't trade up then they can select two

I go back and forth on this but ultimately I want them to hit on at least 1, if not 2, WRs from this historically loaded WR draft. And I worry about their ability to identify the right WRs later in the draft vs what's available at the top.

If Ruggs gets past the first 15, I think they should trade up, because I doubt they take Reagor or Aiyuk at 21. Jefferson maybe.

Or if they dont like the option to trade up in the first, take BPA at 21, at any position, and then double dip in the 2nd rd. Trade back into it if they have to. Get me 2 WRs. Any combination. Just dont wait till the 4-5th rds.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I go back and forth on this but ultimately I want them to hit on at least 1, if not 2, WRs from this historically loaded WR draft. And I worry about their ability to identify the right WRs later in the draft vs what's available at the top.

If Ruggs gets past the first 15, I think they should trade up, because I doubt they take Reagor or Aiyuk at 21. Jefferson maybe.

Or if they dont like the option to trade up in the first, take BPA at 21, at any position, and then double dip in the 2nd rd. Trade back into it if they have to. Get me 2 WRs. Any combination. Just dont wait till the 4-5th rds.
I agree that we should trade up if Ruggs slips past 15. We stink at late round drafting anyways, so we might as well use our allocation of resources and get someone who seems like they could contribute for a long time.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
On the one hand, you want Romo calling games that matter and playoffs/Super Bowls. On the other, you wanted Boog to get kicked to the curb.

milch

Oct 25, 2017
"highest NFL analyst" teehee

If Brady leaves, I hope he goes to the bucs, so I at least get some joy out of it.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the controversy about the 17th game and getting paid for it?

If they are adding a 17th regular season game but taking away a preseason game, doesn't the total # of paychecks equal the same? So whatever your salary is still divided into 20 checks? Or do I have that completely wrong?

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think players get full pay for non-regular season football. Preseason and playoffs are a different rate.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Byron Jones hitting FA.

Mike Garafolo
4m
Early prediction: He will still play in the NFC East in 2020. But which team?

--
Mike Thomas has been an idiot for a while now. No one pays attention because he's in New Orleans.

Last edited:

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Don't think players get full pay for non-regular season football. Preseason and playoffs are a different rate.

But even then the 17th game wouldn't come into it for another season or two. Wouldn't all contracts be negotiated with the game in mind? And whatever cap they were proposing only affect the current deals which aren't up yet?

Byron Jones hitting FA.

Mike Garafolo
4m
Early prediction: He will still play in the NFC East in 2020. But which team?

--
Mike Thomas has been an idiot for a while now. No one pays attention because he's in New Orleans.

Byron Jones will be an Eagle.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Like, who looks at Andy Dalton and says "finally, not a shit QB"?
www.pro-football-reference.com

Versus Finder | Player and Team Comparison and Head-to-Head Stats - Pro Football | Stathead.com

Versus Finder is a comparison tool by Stathead.com that lets you compare players and teams across football. If you're looking for head-to-head comparisons, the Versus Finder is your go-to tool

Dalton & Trubisky's stats last year were pretty much the same outside of rushing yards. And that's with Dalton playing 2 less games on the Bengals. So if your goal is to push your mediocre QB to play better without actually having to worry about a QB controversy, I guess you couldn't come up with a better comparison than Dalton.

Thus began the 2020 Mediocrity War in Chicago

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
www.pro-football-reference.com

Versus Finder | Player and Team Comparison and Head-to-Head Stats - Pro Football | Stathead.com

Versus Finder is a comparison tool by Stathead.com that lets you compare players and teams across football. If you're looking for head-to-head comparisons, the Versus Finder is your go-to tool

Dalton & Trubisky's stats last year were pretty much the same outside of rushing yards. And that's with Dalton playing 2 less games on the Bengals. So if your goal is to push your mediocre QB to play better without actually having to worry about a QB controversy, I guess you couldn't come up with a better comparison than Dalton.

Thus began the 2020 Mediocrity War in Chicago
Dalton was also on a far worse team and lost his best receiver the entire time

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Dalton would be a big upgrade over Trubisky. Trubisky is like the 2nd worst starting QB in the league. At least Dalton can throw to his left.