• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Game of the Week

• Niners vs Chiefs

Votes: 73 39.9%
  • Other

Votes: 123 67.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
THE CHICAGO BEARS WILL FIND A WAY TO GET MARVIN HARRISON JR.
genki-dama-spirit-bomb.png
dragonball-z-anime.gif

OP
OP
Himynameischris
Oct 25, 2017
Here is where we're at now:

image.png

Draft will start tomorrow at 8am pst, starting with silentg

• Rules:
    • Each team has four hours to submit a pick.
    • If pick isn't submitted, becomes a group pick.
    • All group picks are first player to 3 votes.
    • We'll stop around 10 pm PST for the day.
    • If you don't think you'll be around to submit, PM me your top 3 picks and I'll submit them for you.

I'll start new thread tonight

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Here is where we're at now:

image.png

Draft will start tomorrow at 8am pst, starting with silentg

• Rules:
    • Each team has four hours to submit a pick.
    • If pick isn't submitted, becomes a group pick.
    • All group picks are first player to 3 votes.
    • We'll stop around 10 pm PST for the day.
    • If you don't think you'll be around to submit, PM me your top 3 picks and I'll submit them for you.

I'll start new thread tonight
FalconsERA who's gonna make our pick for the mock draft?

Himynameischris if no one else volunteers before the deadline just sign me up. Just know it's Alt or whichever of the top 3 WR available at 8 if I make the pick. LOL

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Hey if AB is right apparently the Giants will be doing 1932 throwbacks for our 100th season, so if you see us looking like the Canadiens next year there's your warning lol
Lol right, and Herbert is getting traded to Minnesota. I think that CTESPN account's whole purpose is to be right enough to get people to believe ridiculous shit

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017

Apparently, the Giants really like him, although they wouldn't take him at 6. He also met with the Raiders again recently who are picking at 13.

I think the Giants are hoping Nix falls to the second round or end of the first where they could trade back up to get him, but I'm not sure if that happens when you have the Broncos and Raiders both sitting in the top 15 and needing a QB. Very curious to see where he and Penix end up landing.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Which team wants to throw a ton of screens?
Nix's numbers were also great on his intermediate throws and on throws of 20+ yards, so while Oregon did run a lot of screens that contributed to his whopping completion percentage, I think he showed he can deliver the ball down the field with accuracy, too.

According to PFF, Nix was 62 of 91 on passes of 10-19 yards for 1,169 yards, 16 touchdowns and one interception for a passing grade of 94.7. His passing grade on attempts 20+ yards downfield was 95.5 (26 of 51 for 999 yards, 13 TD, 2 INT).

Trevor Lawrence threw a lot of bubble screens in college, as did Justin Herbert when he played at Oregon, although Nix's arm isn't nearly as good as theirs. That said, if Nix goes to the Broncos, he'll definitely be throwing a ton of screen passes, lol.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm going to be streaming the draft from my phone since my job putting me at reception with no TV

fzburner

Jul 3, 2023

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Ryan is a HOF QB that got stuck with a bunch of below average to terrible defenses. I think 2017 was the only season he was on a team where the defense sniffed top 10.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Absolutely not lmao. The only time he had a special season he got 28-3'd.

Stafford doesn't get in without a ring. Stafford and Ryan are basically the same QB. Absolutely no shot, we don't need that pats SB win to get any more legend praise to its name.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly some of y'all haven't really watched Matt Ryan if that's your analysis.

He literally put up nearly identical numbers in his 2018 season as his MVP. The problem is the rest of team was awful.

The Falcons were in the dirt after Vick went to prison. Bobby Petrino skips out on the the team in the middle of the season. It was a super toxic environment and dude comes in and does something that doesn't happen in Atlanta. He starts winning immediately. For the first time the Falcons have back to back winning seasons and post up five straight with four playoff appearances in that span.

His 20212 season would have had him in the MVP conversation if Adrian Peterson didn't happen. That was the season he made the jump. He piloted that Falcons offense with declining Michael Turner and offensive line to the number 6 offense. Got into the playoffs and COOKED the top two defenses in the league that year. Got up to a 17-0 lead against the 49ers in the NFC championship and the defense collapses in the second half. If Harry Douglas doesn't trip, the Falcons are playing the Ravens in the Super Bowl that year.

Unfortunately the wheels fall off the rest of the team. But Ryan continued to play at a high level surrounded by some truly awful teams and that's what it's been a lot of his career outside of a couple of windows. No run game, terrible offensive line, and no defense. Impossible to win like that.

He's one of those few QBs that played near perfect games only for his team to blow it. I watched this dude throw 5 touchdowns only to watch is defense give up a go ahead rushing touchdown to the old bones of Drew Brees.

It's not just him piling up a bunch to numbers. He played at a consistent level that's hard to maintain.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Ryan was an above average starter during the passing explosion era of football, and has elite seasons under Kyle the scheme god. He is not HoF, neither is Stafford.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
matt ryan was a good tier 2 qb

he would dominate the league now, go undefeated and be called a goat cow sheep and what not if he was drafted in the current talentless NFL instead of the brady manning era.

good qb, lost in the shuffle during the greatest nfl era of all time

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
They both will go in. Not only that, Cam Newton and Russell Wilson will go in as well.

Wilson had a chance but these last few years torpedoed that opportunity. Recency bias is a hell of a drug. Cam was lightning due to his dominance in areas other QBs were not dominating during his era, he was legit dominant at times and dragged a shit Panthers offense and Ron Rivera ( discount Jeff Fisher ) to 15 wins and a SB

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
Wilson had a chance but these last few years torpedoed that opportunity. Recency bias is a hell of a drug. Cam was lightning due to his dominance in areas other QBs were not dominating during his era, he was legit dominant at times and dragged a shit Panthers offense and Ron Rivera ( discount Jeff Fisher ) to 15 wins and a SB
in an ideal pre covid world, having 2-3 good seasons shouldn't get you in the hof

so guys like rivers, eli, ryan, russell, stafford, cam wouldn't go in, shouldn't go in.

but with how shit the quality of qb play is becoming, how awful the classes of qbs the colleges are producing, all of those guys mentioned will eventually get in. All of them. forget brady, manning, brees, rodgers, the nfl can't produce anyone close to Carson Palmer or Tony Romo.

so yes, rivers stafford eli etc are hall of famers in a league that starts Zack Wilsons, Daniel Jones and thinks Tuas, Kyler Murrays and Purdys are good qbs

Status
Not open for further replies.