• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

aTVrB29.jpg

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If it were only that simple. If all it required to become a champion was "hunger" and "motivation". As if every other contending team isn't "hungry" and "motivated".

As with most teams, maybe this collection of talent will be back. Maybe they never will see a Super Bowl together again. How many teams have we seen over the years that we were like, "oh yea they'll get back to the SB again, prob next year!" only for them to be forgotten. Saints, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, Colts, Eagles, Bears, so on and so on and so on. Because as it turns out, football is very hard to predict. Injuries are inevitable. Mistakes and luck may or may not be on your side.

Good luck to them, but the odds are definitely not in their favor.

Tbh I feel the same way about all this "Chiefs Dynasty" talk. I get it, but if you set the over/under at how many more Super Bowls Mahomes would play in over the rest of his career at 1.5, I'd bet the under every time. Brady/Belichick are the extreme outliers. Making it to one super bowl, let alone multiple, is incredibly rare and difficult.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Not counting the Pats since they gripped the 2010s, who was the best Super Bowl team in the 2010s? Do we count the Saints in XLIV since they were the 2009 Saints?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

Hope they stay hungry and fucking motivated.

Plus we should be getting Blair and Jones back healthy, our D was at its best when they were rotated in and out.

Good luck when Shanahan is one of the worst coaches during Super Bowls. That shit he pulled at the end of the first half was completely inexcusable. You have 1:30 on the clock and don't even think about calling a timeout. He had absolutely no trust in Jimmy, but the most mind boggling thing is he decided to let Jimmy throw it deep after he had already run the majority of the clock out. Just awful. When you coach like a coward you deserve to lose, especially in the biggest game. 49ers had no business losing that game with how well their defense was playing.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
49ers are prime regression candidates next year with defense being so unstable year to year and that offense nor being as effective. They will be lucky to make it back.

grand

Oct 25, 2017

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
KCera, whose at the parade today?

Edit: Holy shit, a police chase just rammed the fence!

Last edited:

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
The Athletic put together some off-season options at WR for the Eagles and was surprised to find out they think or that there is the notion that Diggs is very likely to be traded.

Why would Minn want to trade him? Is he still unhappy with the offense?

Speaking of the Eagles:

I'm cool with Press and don't mind the promotion or new title. But wonder if this is it? No new OC?

Last edited:

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
If Andy Reid ever retires, I hope he does a show mixing football and food. Like a mashup of Peyton's Places and Diners, Dives and Drive Ins.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think the Broncos doing the beatdown 2 years later was just as boring. Cam got nothing in 50

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Eagles finally announce some new coaching titles and additions. Not sure what to think. Two new voices are good but never heard of these guys before.

I know Denver's QB situation was a mess last year but is this guy considered a good coach? These were not the names floated around at all. Would have rather had Jim Caldwell as OC. Or Duce promoted.

Meh.

To add context:

So no new OC, especially since Doug, calls the plays. A promotion of Press Taylor, who Carson is very close with, and two outside voices to join the offensive staff in some role/capacity. One is probably going to be the WRs coach.

The Eagles following the 49ers model. Run game coordinator, pass game coordinator, and an HC who calls the plays.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, Assman has been dethroned as parade MVP by... Mahomes himself