• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chiefs Season Ticket Member. I also traveled to see them at Soldier Field this year. Went to both playoff games. Let's fucking go.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Stafford was playing pretty good and the team had some unlucky breaks to fall to 3-4-1. If he continued playing like he was I bet they finish 500 or better.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
The Tua to the Lions machine started already. If Stafford is healthy enough to go, it's a mistake - they aren't ready to compete without him. Patricia probably can't afford to stick around for a rebuild.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
The Tua to the Lions machine started already. If Stafford is healthy enough to go, it's a mistake - they aren't ready to compete without him. Patricia probably can't afford to stick around for a rebuild.
But they aren't ready to compete with him either

Taking a rookie QB and building up the team for 5 years on their rookie contract is how you do the rebuild they need

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Trading Stafford would potentially buy Patricia a few more years, but I cant see them taking a $32m cap hit, let alone finding another team that would take his huge salary especially coming off an injury shortened season.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
But they aren't ready to compete with him either

Taking a rookie QB and building up the team for 5 years on their rookie contract is how you do the rebuild they need
You aren't wrong. But his contract isn't stopping them from making moves. They gave Flowers huge money. They missed several early draft picks which hurt them taking the next step. An early pick now for QB and a team full of holes? I don't see Patricia (who coincides with the GM) backing that. Those two need to win.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Will people get annoyed if the Chiefs get to multiple Super Bowls like the Pats did? Or will they embrace it since outside of Hill, they're actually fun to root for?

People will hate the Chiefs dynasty just like any other, but not to the extent that people hate the Pats, they're a special case.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Stafford was playing pretty good and the team had some unlucky breaks to fall to 3-4-1. If he continued playing like he was I bet they finish 500 or better.
True, though you also have to look at his age, contract, and state of the team. He's 31, has 2 years left and takes up a big chunk of cap space. He's good, but will they be able to seriously compete in the next couple years beyond maybe barely making a wild card slot? Can they be a 10-6/11-5 type team? If they hold onto him the next couple years, he may very well bail at the end of his contract if they're still a bad team. He'll be heading into the last few years of his career.

It might be best to draft your next (hopefully) franchise QB, and get something for for Stafford in a trade while you can, and get some more assets to increase the overall talent level in the process.

Aug 26, 2019
Stafford would light shit up on the Bears. I don't think people understand how scary of a team the Bears would be with even a total game manager as QB.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
True, though you also have to look at his age, contract, and state of the team. He's 31, has 2 years left and takes up a big chunk of cap space. He's good, but will they be able to seriously compete in the next couple years beyond maybe barely making a wild card slot? Can they be a 10-6/11-5 type team? If they hold onto him the next couple years, he may very well bail at the end of his contract if they're still a bad team. He'll be heading into the last few years of his career.

It might be best to draft your next (hopefully) franchise QB, and get something for for Stafford in a trade while you can, and get some more assets to increase the overall talent level in the process.

I don't disagree. I will take Stafford in New England though we have nothing to really give up other than our first and I don't like that.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Throwing my support out for the 49ers. I like Reid and Mahomes and would be cool seeing them get a ring in a different year, but this 49ers team is something else.

I'm expecting Jimmy to ball out but also see him throwing a careless interception as he is wont to do. More than anything, this should be a vastly more watchable game than the borefest last year. My folks asked me to request and I was granted the following Monday off so win or lose I'll be having fun regardless.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
83766382_3034132239973048_2669542824113864704_o.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The true GOAT Kurt Warner also had 11 TDs in his first 4 playoff games

7 INTs too because he is a nice unselfish man who wanted to make the defenders feel good about themselves.

Mahomes needs to stop being a greedy coward.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Wait so there's a chance Stafford gets traded? I thought he was the last of the unmoveable contracts due to how it was structured.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

Would love to see him back with the Chiefs, but I'll be rooting for him wherever he ends up.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on the skills showdowns. Dodgeball was hype af this year.

These are so much fun. When is the league going to wise up and just make it a weekend of this?