• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting point about the MVP conversation.

I know the biggest stats people look at are total yards and total scores, but why shouldn't yards/scores per drive be a more indicative stat? The Ravens offense is built to have long, sustained drives that end in points, so Lamar will necessarily have fewer total yards and scores than an offense that gets 3-4+ more total drives in a game:

63myjtoaf3x31.png

I think yards/points per drive is potentially a more telling stat for QB success than total yards or points. Since the amount of drives that an offense gets is based on a lot more than just QB play.

Last edited:

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
No problem. You're alright even though you probably eat store bought tortillas too and don't even bother using a comal.

Yeah but at least i don't buy Mission. I buy the yellow ones from a hella Mexican sounding brand. I don't eat Spagettios. Never liked them. Beef Ravioli maybe. But It's all the same tomato salty juice crap.

May 25, 2019
London
Jordan Matthews playing every season of his career with the Eagles save for the one where they win the Super Bowl...brutal

Even more brutal - that the Eagles are locked into Alshon and Desean for next year as well, and probably won't be cutting ties with Whiteside either. That's three guys as dead weight at the wide receiver position

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Jordan Matthews playing every season of his career with the Eagles save for the one where they win the Super Bowl...brutal

Even more brutal - that the Eagles are locked into Alshon and Desean for next year as well, and probably won't be cutting ties with Whiteside either. That's three guys as dead weight at the wide receiver position

Whiteside is a rookie so of course, they won't be cutting ties with him. Agholor is an FA and his $9.4 will be gone.

Unless I am mistaken there won't be any great FA WRs on the market. Maybe AJ Green who with his own age and injury issues might not be worth it. But with a lot of guys becoming FAs and who won't be brought back, they will have the cap room to address WR via FA if they find a guy worth it. And I want DeSean and Alshon back. The issue is having more guys around them. JJAW will be in year 2 and hopefully, they can draft 1-2 speed demons.

Aug 26, 2019

They should cut ties with Mack Hollins

May 25, 2019
London
Whiteside is a rookie so of course, they won't be cutting ties with him. Agholor is an FA and his $9.4 will be gone.

Unless I am mistaken there won't be any great FA WRs on the market. Maybe AJ Green who with his own age and injury issues might not be worth it. But with a lot of guys becoming FAs and who won't be brought back, they will have the cap room to address WR via FA if they find a guy worth it. And I want DeSean and Alshon back. The issue is having more guys around them. JJAW will be in year 2 and hopefully, they can draft 1-2 speed demons.

You want Alshon and Desean back?

Alshon looks like he's running with cement blocks for shoes. Desean is always missing time, with this year being the worst example of that where he refused to get surgery and essentially doubled the amount of time he had to miss. Alshon's cap hit is massive.

I would think Eagles fans would want to draft two young receivers with some speed early in the draft and pair them with a decent veteran wideout who won't break the bank, like a Robby Anderson.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
You want Alshon and Desean back?

Alshon looks like he's running with cement blocks for shoes. Desean is always missing time, with this year being the worst example of that where he refused to get surgery and essentially doubled the amount of time he had to miss. Alshon's cap hit is massive.

I would think Eagles fans would want to draft two young receivers with some speed early in the draft and pair them with a decent veteran wideout who won't break the bank, like a Robby Anderson.

DeSean misses a few games a season but this is the first time hes missing pretty much the entire season. I just don't see them completely getting rid of everyone, adding rookies, and expect to be competitive again next year. Even if you draft a WR in the 1st rd, based on where they will be picking, they won't be selecting a guy who just steps in day 1 starts and dominates.

These guys are on team-friendly deals and Howie is a master with the cap. Any guy with a big cap hit is almost always restructured to lower the cap. Tons of other vets are going to be gone and they will have room to sign FA WRs if any of them interest them. I rather add 1-2 rookie prospects to Alshon and DeSean. Hollins and Agholor will be gone.