• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnowGhost

Oct 27, 2017
the North
So I think I want the Rams and Saints to win?
I'd like to Detroit to beat the Vikings, and they do have a knack for winning useless games....but it's not happen.

I want a first round bye.

Go Pack Go!
Now knowing that's a possibility, I never thought I'd be cheering for Rams and Saints too. Of course, Packers still have to go through their whole division again, so no guarantees anywhere.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
verygooster

Means he played half of the game versus Green Bay with a high ankle sprain.

I'm not gonna be surprised if he misses rest of the year with it. Not as severe as Barkley's they said, but Barkley came back several weeks early too.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
As long as we still chasin' for Chase (or end up with the 1st overall pick and ransom the shit out of it). The funny part is that Engram and Tate are supposedly coming back which would have been DJ's first time with all this weapons available. Football gods suck.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
What? Eli is 10-20 against the Eagles and has lost his last 5 games against them, and has only won twice in their last 12 meetings. This sucks, I want that higher draft pick
But the Eagles D this year is on and off, they stopped the Bills, Packers and held the Seahawks/Pats to 1 TD all game (trick plays be damned) and I have no faith we'll get the good D in Eli's last Giants game on MNF.

I still think Dougie wants that playoff run.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
4/5 of those last games have crazy low point differentials, and I think Eli wants to:

1. Break that streak
2. Have a winning record
Well wanting something and getting it are two different things. But like I said, I'm all for it. I don't want to make the playoffs because that'll convince them to keep around the coaching staff, like what happened last year
But the Eagles D this year is on and off, they stopped the Bills, Packers and held the Seahawks/Pats to 1 TD all game (trick plays be damned) and I have no faith we'll get the good D in Eli's last Giants game on MNF.

I still think Dougie wants that playoff run.
Fuck that. If they make the playoffs after going on a run playing one of the worst divisions ever, they're gonna keep Groh, Walch, Taylor, etc. thinking it took them a while but they put it together. If Groh and Walch are on the team next year I'm becoming a generic NFL fan until they're gone

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck that. If they make the playoffs after going on a run playing one of the worst divisions ever, they're gonna keep Groh, Walch, Taylor, etc. thinking it took them a while but they put it together. If Groh and Walch are on the team next year I'm becoming a generic NFL fan until they're gone
Same, Groh is really fucking bland and Schwartz, I dunno...

Howie needs to add youth and Dougie needs to reclaim this shit.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Giants gonna end up with the #1 pick now. Jones hasn't exactly been all that much better than Eli, but at least he wasn't a statue back there.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
As long as we still chasin' for Chase (or end up with the 1st overall pick and ransom the shit out of it). The funny part is that Engram and Tate are supposedly coming back which would have been DJ's first time with all this weapons available. Football gods suck.
Engram will break a nail and miss three games.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
4/5 of those last games have crazy low point differentials, and I think Eli wants to:

1. Break that streak
2. Have a winning record

Oh, so this time he wants to win? And didn't before?

That said, I have zero confidence in this team, have no clue which offense or defense shows up, and whether they even care anymore. I see the Giants winning just like I saw the Dolphins winning.

Good for Eli I guess, he gets one final MNF and a win.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Detroit has a top 5 draft pick to pointlessly play their way out of.

Right? Worst part is I live in Detroit and will have to hear about how they could have drafted so-and-so for years. It's like a guard dog that only bites your friends, but lets you get robbed.

It's why I dont look at week 17 as an easy win for the pack. The past 2 years, Detroit has gone above and beyond to win a useless week 17 game against us, (boosting our draft spot).

Now knowing that's a possibility, I never thought I'd be cheering for Rams and Saints too. Of course, Packers still have to go through their whole division again, so no guarantees anywhere.
EDIT: So I actually looked at it now.

We're rooting for Rams, Panthers, 49ers and Cardinals.

Not Saints.

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The Return of the King.
hahahahaha Statue Eli behind that O-line..
congrats Eagles on easy victory..

Jun 10, 2018
I can't even be mad at the OP. My team played like hot garbage.

And then the maroons of the fanbase think the pity touchdowns at the end actually MEANT something

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
For the Packers, if we win every game but the Vikings game, we still win the division and get higher seeding.

If we also lose the Lions game, lets say, we still are 4-2 in our division, and can probably still get wild card seed at 11-5.

Odds are in our favor, but there's no free passes in the NFC playoff process, so we do need to win at least one of the next four games.

Though about those byes:
For 49ers and Seahawks to get displaced (which will be probably necessary for the #2 seed and a bye week) we need the Packers to win out and have the 49ers also win out.

Or the Pack wins out, the Rams win out, and Saints beat the 49ers.

Or Packers win, Seahawks win out, and 49ers beat Saints.

Or the Packers win out, and the Seahawks lose to both 49ers and Rams.

Or the Packers win out, and the Seahawks lose to two of the following: Panthers, Rams, and Cardinals (yeah not happening).

Or the Packers win out, and the Saints lose to 49ers and 49ers lose to Seahawks.

Go 49ers and Rams!

Our loss to common opponents hurt our tiebreakers, but if we win out we have a 85% chance at a bye according to NYT.

EDIT: #1 seed is possible if the Packers win out, the Rams beat the Seahawks and the 49ers, and the Seahawks lose to both the Panthers and Cardinals.

Yeah no chance in hell.

Last edited:

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Dee Ford is a good man. Love shit like this.

EK6BFW6X0AAgbGh

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Bills have played 3 teams with winning records...they are toast this week.

Wins:
Jets
Giants
Bengals
Titans
Dolphins
Redskins
Dolphins
Broncos
Cowboys

Losses:
Patriots
Eagles
Browns

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I know someone's going to create a thread about Tim Ryan. I guess he was thinking out loud. "It makes sense in my head, let me just...." lol.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
For the Packers, if we win every game but the Vikings game, we still win the division and get higher seeding.

If we also lose the Lions game, lets say, we still are 4-2 in our division, and can probably still get wild card seed at 11-5.

Odds are in our favor, but there's no free passes in the NFC playoff process, so we do need to win at least one of the next four games.

Though about those byes:
For 49ers and Seahawks to get displaced (which will be probably necessary for the #2 seed and a bye week) we need the Packers to win out and have the 49ers also win out.

Or the Pack wins out, the Rams win out, and Saints beat the 49ers.

Or Packers win, Seahawks win out, and 49ers beat Saints.

Or the Packers win out, and the Seahawks lose to both 49ers and Rams.

Or the Packers win out, and the Seahawks lose to two of the following: Panthers, Rams, and Cardinals (yeah not happening).

Or the Packers win out, and the Saints lose to 49ers and 49ers lose to Seahawks.

Go 49ers and Rams!

Our loss to common opponents hurt our tiebreakers, but if we win out we have a 85% chance at a bye according to NYT.

EDIT: #1 seed is possible if the Packers win out, the Rams beat the Seahawks and the 49ers, and the Seahawks lose to both the Panthers and Cardinals.

Yeah no chance in hell.

For the Packers, they are losing to whomever they play against first,

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I know someone's going to create a thread about Tim Ryan. I guess he was thinking out loud. "It makes sense in my head, let me just...." lol.

Very surprised he said that. I was a big fan of Tim Ryan. Not sure what he is thinking, no excuses you don't make those kind of statements.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I thought NFL officiating was at an all time low...

This one made sense though. Two players ran into each other at the end of the court and fell, which is what drew the refs attention away from LeBron. And LeBron probably gave up dribbling because he thought there was gonna be a whistle for the collision.