• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eagles get to feel good about themselves again Monday night lol.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.
This team just gave up 5 TD drives in a row to the fucking Dolphins.

giphy.gif

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Rivera (and Hurney) weren't going to be around next year. Tepper wanted new management. The timing is odd as hell, though.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That seems rather sudden. Did he sleep with the owner's wife or something?
I had the same thought. They had a super impressive winning streak going at one point this season. And after Cam went out for the year NOBODY expected them to do anything and they turn what could have been a wasted season into something respectable.

Why fire him after that? And why do it in the middle of the season? There has to be more to this going on behind the scenes.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
As a Panther fan I feel bittersweet about this. Ron had to go but I have a feeling the Panthers are gonna suck for a while.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Ron's number was up for sure, but I thought Panthers would wait until the offseason. Too many years of mediocrity since our Super Bowl year.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
Well I hope they they don't put effort in the week 17 game against us

Saw the news and immediately thought about if this makes them less or more likely to win the rematch against us. In an ideal world that week 17 game with the Panthers doesn't matter... again.

RIP Riverboat. He seemed like a somewhat chill guy in All or Nothing and did some good for that franchise.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's really not. Tepper has said numerous times that he won't take mediocrity. As a Panthers fan, I'm happy with the decision. Ron made several dumb mistakes, including allowing our franchise QB to continue to play through significant injuries.
Cam was done regardless. He has taken an absolute beating due to the NFLs refusal to treat him like every other QB in the league and protect him.

Rivera didn't do him any favors by letting him play hurt, but Cam was gonna be done no matter what.

Oct 30, 2017
Cam was done regardless. He has taken an absolute beating due to the NFLs refusal to treat him like every other QB in the league and protect him.

Rivera didn't do him any favors by letting him play hurt, but Cam was gonna be done no matter what.
Cam is still salvageable. I'm a homer, but I do think he can come back. It won't ever be 2015 Cam, but it'll be better than whatever the hell 2018 and 2019 Cam was.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cam is still salvageable. I'm a homer, but I do think he can come back. It won't ever be 2015 Cam, but it'll be better than whatever the hell 2018 and 2019 Cam was.
I would be absolutely shocked if Cam was a Panther next season. Not after the promise that Kyle Allen showed this season. And after how banged up Cam has been for the past few seasons.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Ron doesn't strike me as the type to bow down to Jerry Jones. But I have a feeling he's going to end up on another NFC East team. Probably the Giants because no one in their right mind would want to work for Dan Synder.

Giants would be smart to look at him if they fire Shurmur.

But the Eagles about to be swept by the Giants which will save his job for next year.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
Now fire Dann Quinn Falcons!
BTW did the Panthers Fans from the old site ever made it over? Grover Cleveland(?)

Last edited:

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Well, shit. The Riverboat finally sank. I guess losing to the Redskins was the final straw. Giants should be the next team to fire their coach asap.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't understand how 45#'s hand towel shot up in the air like that. Kittle does grab it, it seems.. but his arm motion wouldn't make it fly up in the air like that.

also, LOL Earl Thomas... would never expect a wiff like that from him.