• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

NFL-OT | Week 6 | World of Tanks

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
This is why the losses to ATL and DET were awful for the Eagles. They simply can't afford to lose to teams which are good or mediocre, esp not if they are supposed to be one of the top teams in the NFC and plan to contend for an SB.

Which brings me to the point...they aren't. They are ok to good but they aren't elite and in no way shape or form in line to compete for the SB this season. Literally everything I have written about all season about the issues with this team all show up again yesterday. In fact it was the perfect Eagles game to capture all the issues the team has.

Offense: I am sick and tired of Doug and the offense deferring after winning the toss. As if they are good enough on offense or defense, to kick the ball away, force a 3 and out, and then feel good about getting the ball back after the 2nd half to start the 3rd. All that sounds good but our D stinks, gives up TDs on opening drives, while the opposing team just marches down eating up half the quarter.

Our offense takes 1.5 quarters to wake up each game and so when they get the ball with 4-5 min left in the quarter and they don't put together a drive, the whole game plan is thrown out the window and they spend the rest of the game playing catchup.

And simply put the guys they thought were going to be good and contribute haven't lived up or stepped up to the plate. Mack Hollins is awful. JJ can't get on the field ahead of Mack. Alshon looks 2 steps slower than usual but at least he is a threat to catch the ball. Zach Ertz had his worst game in years. Miles Sanders, an RB who wasn't known for his ability to catch in college, led the team in receiving and he has all the 20+ catches in each of the last 4 games. Agholor is either never targeted or when he is, always off by a step or two. The Eagles WRS were supposed to be the strength this year but one DeSean injury and the whole group as a whole look awful. The offense shouldn't be relying on a 32 yr old WR to make it work. At this point defenses just need to double Ertz and put their best CB on Alshon. No one else scares any defense or does anything.

When was the last time an Eagles skill position player made a play on their own? Where maybe the ball wasn't perfect but they went up and got it? Or they took a short pass, made a man or two miss and took it the house?

Howie and the FO might need to trade for another WR midseason again cause this group is simply not doing anything and we don't know when DeSean is returning. Even when he returns can they really count on him to just open everything up?

And lastly for the offense what in the world was Doug doing with that fake FG? They had no timeouts left and less than 30 seconds left in the half. They were only the 5 yd line, they were back by the 30. Even if you complete that pass on the fake, you can't stop the clock, Dallas gets tackled in bounds because of the route he was running, and then you have to rush to spike the ball for what? One more shot at the endzone where you have to throw it such that only your guy can catch it and it has to be going out of bounds? WTF?

I love Doug's aggressiveness and the whole approach with analytics but god damn that was a boneheaded choice. Just take the FG. And its also time to start questioning his ability to have this offense ready to start games. It is a trend now. The offense takes forever to get going and by then they are down by 10-14 points in panic mode trying to catch up. I don't blame the OC or any other offensive coach. This is Doug's offense and he calls the plays. He hasn't fixed it yet. Again something as simply as maybe just taking the opening kick off to see if the offense goes and score first might help.

Defense: Going into the season there was some optimism that while the secondary isn't great, the sheer #s guys they had hurt the last year coming back should bolster the secondary. And that they upgraded the DL tremendously by signing DT Malik Jackson. Jackson lasted only 1 game before being lost for the season. His back up, DT Jernigan, lasted 2 games, and now the Dline is playing guys who were on the PS. Even then they are holding up somewhat.

The secondary though, even with the guys back healthy is just awful. And then those same guys are hurt again. Jalen Mills still isn't back. Darby is always hurt. Sidney Jones always pulls his hamstring after giving up a big play (which is pretty much every game). LeBlanc got hurt in preseason. Avonte Maddox lost his head/neck against the Packers.

Even if all these guys come back healthy I have zero confidence in them. I think Jalen Mills is eligible for a return this coming Sunday but he isn't the Jalen they need. Maybe Avonte Maddox is cleared from his horrific concussion. Darby who knows and LeBlanc isn't eligible to return until week 9. I am done with the Sidney Jones experiment. He never seems to have recovered from the combine injury and certainly has shown nothing to live up to the hype coming out of college.

Now would be the time for Howie to make a move for any corner, even if it isn't Jalen Ramsey. Cause guess what? Gym Shorts isn't changing his scheme much and the Eagles will continue to play mostly single high leaving these corners on an island where they get beat each and every time on double moves. And yeah we have the #1 rush D but who the F cares when nobody runs the ball anymore and teams can just air it out like its 7 on 7 practice against this secondary?

Dak and Cooper are going to eat them alive even if they stop Zeke somewhat.

Minn was going to be a tough matchup but I didn't expect them to get destroyed. Talk more shit Zach Brown. If they lose to Dallas (which I think they will) the season is over IMO. Especially if no miracle deals are going to be made to improve the roster mid-season.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
This is why the losses to ATL and DET were awful for the Eagles. They simply can't afford to lose to teams which are good or mediocre, esp not if they are supposed to be one of the top teams in the NFC and plan to contend for an SB.

Which brings me to the point...they aren't. They are ok to good but they aren't elite and in no way shape or form in line to compete for the SB this season. Literally everything I have written about all season about the issues with this team all show up again yesterday. In fact it was the perfect Eagles game to capture all the issues the team has.

Offense: I am sick and tired of Doug and the offense deferring after winning the toss. As if they are good enough on offense or defense, to kick the ball away, force a 3 and out, and then feel good about getting the ball back after the 2nd half to start the 3rd. All that sounds good but our D stinks, gives up TDs on opening drives, while the opposing team just marches down eating up half the quarter.

Our offense takes 1.5 quarters to wake up each game and so when they get the ball with 4-5 min left in the quarter and they don't put together a drive, the whole game plan is thrown out the window and they spend the rest of the game playing catchup.

And simply put the guys they thought were going to be good and contribute haven't lived up or stepped up to the plate. Mack Hollins is awful. JJ can't get on the field ahead of Mack. Alshon looks 2 steps slower than usual but at least he is a threat to catch the ball. Zach Ertz had his worst game in years. Miles Sanders, an RB who wasn't known for his ability to catch in college, led the team in receiving and he has all the 20+ catches in each of the last 4 games. Agholor is either never targeted or when he is, always off by a step or two. The Eagles WRS were supposed to be the strength this year but one DeSean injury and the whole group as a whole look awful. The offense shouldn't be relying on a 32 yr old WR to make it work. At this point defenses just need to double Ertz and put their best CB on Alshon. No one else scares any defense or does anything.

When was the last time an Eagles skill position player made a play on their own? Where maybe the ball wasn't perfect but they went up and got it? Or they took a short pass, made a man or two miss and took it the house?

Howie and the FO might need to trade for another WR midseason again cause this group is simply not doing anything and we don't know when DeSean is returning. Even when he returns can they really count on him to just open everything up?

And lastly for the offense what in the world was Doug doing with that fake FG? They had no timeouts left and less than 30 seconds left in the half. They were only the 5 yd line, they were back by the 30. Even if you complete that pass on the fake, you can't stop the clock, Dallas gets tackled in bounds because of the route he was running, and then you have to rush to spike the ball for what? One more shot at the endzone where you have to throw it such that only your guy can catch it and it has to be going out of bounds? WTF?

I love Doug's aggressiveness and the whole approach with analytics but god damn that was a boneheaded choice. Just take the FG. And its also time to start questioning his ability to have this offense ready to start games. It is a trend now. The offense takes forever to get going and by then they are down by 10-14 points in panic mode trying to catch up. I don't blame the OC or any other offensive coach. This is Doug's offense and he calls the plays. He hasn't fixed it yet. Again something as simply as maybe just taking the opening kick off to see if the offense goes and score first might help.

Defense: Going into the season there was some optimism that while the secondary isn't great, the sheer #s guys they had hurt the last year coming back should bolster the secondary. And that they upgraded the DL tremendously by signing DT Malik Jackson. Jackson lasted only 1 game before being lost for the season. His back up, DT Jernigan, lasted 2 games, and now the Dline is playing guys who were on the PS. Even then they are holding up somewhat.

The secondary though, even with the guys back healthy is just awful. And then those same guys are hurt again. Jalen Mills still isn't back. Darby is always hurt. Sidney Jones always pulls his hamstring after giving up a big play (which is pretty much every game). LeBlanc got hurt in preseason. Avonte Maddox lost his head/neck against the Packers.

Even if all these guys come back healthy I have zero confidence in them. I think Jalen Mills is eligible for a return this coming Sunday but he isn't the Jalen they need. Maybe Avonte Maddox is cleared from his horrific concussion. Darby who knows and LeBlanc isn't eligible to return until week 9. I am done with the Sidney Jones experiment. He never seems to have recovered from the combine injury and certainly has shown nothing to live up to the hype coming out of college.

Now would be the time for Howie to make a move for any corner, even if it isn't Jalen Ramsey. Cause guess what? Gym Shorts isn't changing his scheme much and the Eagles will continue to play mostly single high leaving these corners on an island where they get beat each and every time on double moves. And yeah we have the #1 rush D but who the F cares when nobody runs the ball anymore and teams can just air it out like its 7 on 7 practice against this secondary?

Dak and Cooper are going to eat them alive even if they stop Zeke somewhat.

Minn was going to be a tough matchup but I didn't expect them to get destroyed. Talk more shit Zach Brown. If they lose to Dallas (which I think they will) the season is over IMO. Especially if no miracle deals are going to be made to improve the roster mid-season.
no more fucking trades

dude our center and left tackle have like 2 years left MAX and we’ve drafted shit corners and receivers for like 5 years

we got lucky going all in on 2017

this roster is too old now. We need to start drafting around Carson, not mortgaging the future for vets when we clearly aren’t going to be able to travel in the playoffs and take games off better teams

if we go all in on more trades and flop we will end up the same as the packers with Rodgers. One ring and multiple years of rosters being carried by a qb

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
no more fucking trades

dude our center and left tackle have like 2 years left MAX and we’ve drafted shit corners and receivers for like 5 years

we got lucky going all in on 2017

this roster is too old now. We need to start drafting around Carson, not mortgaging the future for vets when we clearly aren’t going to be able to travel in the playoffs and take games off better teams

if we go all in on more trades and flop we will end up the same as the packers with Rodgers. One ring and multiple years of rosters being carried by a qb
You just said we have drafted shit corners. So you want to rely on drafting more shit corners in the offseason?

The future LT was just drafted and should be a lockdown LT for 10+ years. Don't know how long Kelce plays but I am far more concerned about our D and the secondary in particular to worry about a center.

The team is ready to win now. I don't know what to waste seasons just to see if future draft picks work out. If guys like Patrick Peterson, CH Jr, or Jalen Ramsey are available and they can help you win now this season and make an SB run, you do it. Ramsey would cost you a lot but the other guys might be available for mid-round picks and if they are, they have to make those moves.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
You just said we have drafted shit corners. So you want to rely on drafting more shit corners in the offseason?

The future LT was just drafted and should be a lockdown LT for 10+ years. Don't know how long Kelce plays but I am far more concerned about our D and the secondary in particular to worry about a center.

The team is ready to win now. I don't know what to waste seasons just to see if future draft picks work out. If guys like Patrick Peterson, CH Jr, or Jalen Ramsey are available and they can help you win now this season and make an SB run, you do it. Ramsey would cost you a lot but the other guys might be available for mid-round picks and if they are, they have to make those moves.
how is this team built to win now lmao

our skills position are soft as shit and our secondary group is at best bottom 5 In the league

You give up high picks for Ramsey CHJ or pp and we get no ring and you fuck the roster even more. We end up even more in a hole as our o line ages out

I want Howie to revamp the scouting division. Whoever has been making the calls for the past three years should be replaced. If it was Howie he should give up control because the drafting has been too weak at replacing obvious longstanding issues

I don’t understand how you think we’re a corner away from being competitive. This team would get punched in the fucking mouth if they played away at 49ers or New Orleans

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
how is this team built to win now lmao

our skills position are soft as shit and our secondary group is at best bottom 5 In the league

You give up high picks for Ramsey CHJ or pp and we get no ring and you fuck the roster even more. We end up even more in a hole as our o line ages out

I want Howie to revamp the scouting division. Whoever has been making the calls for the past three years should be replaced. If it was Howie he should give up control because the drafting has been too weak at replacing obvious longstanding issues

I don’t understand how you think we’re a corner away from being competitive. This team would get punched in the fucking mouth if they played away at 49ers or New Orleans
How? They weren't coming into this season expecting to be bad. All the moves they made in the offseason were to make an SB run this season. So that alone tells you they, the coach and FO, want to win now and thought they had the team to win now. Now the secondary stinks and is injured so they can use that as an excuse but you and I already mentioned that even when they are healthy, they have missed on all these guys.

Ramsey is young and he is the only one who you have to give up multiple picks up for. CHJ or PP isn't costing you a first or multiple picks. The draft isn't also just one pick or the first-round pick. You can both compete now by picking up vets and draft for the future.

Nothing is changing with this FO. Winning the SB buys you at least 5 more seasons unless they suddenly become the worst team in the league somehow. If anything, Howie and team will probably say this was on Joe Douglas who is now gone.

Your 2nd rd draft pick rookie WR shouldn't be buried on the depth chart to the point that he can't play over Mack Hollins esp with DJAX out hurt. So again why hold on to a pick like that if you can trade for a proven player who can upgrade the secondary immediately?

You keep bringing up the OLINE but outside of Peters, who they already drafted a replacement for, the rest of the line isn't old. Even Kelce who mulls retirement every offseason isn't old. Far less concerned about the OLINE or the future 5 years down the road than with fixing the secondary now any way possible.

Also don’t even think about resigning agholor

he’s a great guy but he’s been fucking terrible this year
They already made up their mind on him and it was up to him to ball out this season to see if they should sign him. They won't. He will be gone in the off-season. I like the guy but he just hasn't taken advantage of the opportunities. I'd love for him to go to Jax since he and Foles had great chemistry. Maybe in a trade package with picks for Ramsey.

HamSandwich

Oct 25, 2017
One day after seeing Sam display his mono strength and I’m still pretty damn happy.

My coworker was telling me that Cowboys fans were chanting “1-4!” after the game, so really it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team.

Fierro

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see the Pats losing in the playoffs. I know the arguments, they haven't played any real competition except Buffalo. But I would counter with that those they did play, they destroyed as expected.

Until they don't perform as expected they have the coach, the D and the QB to beat all these inferior teams.

HamSandwich

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the Pats losing in the playoffs. I know the arguments, they haven't played any real competition except Buffalo. But I would counter with that those they did play, they destroyed as expected.

Until they don't perform as expected they have the coach, the D and the QB to beat all these inferior teams.
On paper the Giants game looked like destruction but it was closer than what the box score indicated.

Fierro

Oct 29, 2017
On paper the Giants game looked like destruction but it was closer than what the box score indicated.
It was until it wasn't. This is the edge the Patriots have with their D. Also the credit people don't give them. Oh you blew out the Giants, the Redskins, the Phins, but just because it is expected doesn't mean it will always happen.

Look at every other team and how badly they have disappointed. (except for the 9ers)

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Pats have to improve their O-line and offense a lot if they want to get back to the Owl. And their defense is great but it needs to be tested against a good offense like Houston and Chiefs.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
It was until it wasn't. This is the edge the Patriots have with their D. Also the credit people don't give them. Oh you blew out the Giants, the Redskins, the Phins, but just because it is expected doesn't mean it will always happen.

Look at every other team and how badly they have disappointed. (except for the 9ers)
I remember the days the Pats were giving up 300 yards passing to absolute nobodies. This season has just been up and down for everybody due to injuries and people underperforming.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Pats have to improve their O-line and offense a lot if they want to get back to the Owl. And their defense is great but it needs to be tested against a good offense like Houston and Chiefs.
Their Oline is the offense if that gets corrected that makes them clearly the best in the AFC. If not they still will likely have the bye.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Houston's pass defense is ass cheeks too.

There has to be absolute panic in Kansas City right now.
KC's biggest problem right now is probably injuries. Between Mahomes ankle, and missing key players on the o-line plus defense, the offense hasn't been clicking like it was, and the already bad defense has lost even more in terms of pass rush and run defense. They'll probably be fine as players get healthy, but the depth at certain positions is clearly a problem, and certainly gifting penalties and turnovers doesn't help.

Ultimately teams are going to be largely content to dink and dunk them, run the ball heavily, etc., if it means forcing the KC offense to sit and get cold for long periods of time. They probably need a trade or two to help with some of the current deficiencies.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
*Insert Dolan "Everything was Patriots" meme here*

Edit:

Except the doorway says NFL 2019 and Dolan says everything was Patriots