• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As I said before, if you trade for a corner, you might have to give up a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on who you trade for. I am all for that if they can get a competent starter. Only Ramsey would cost a lot but if you go for him, you are getting the best or 2nd best CB who is only 26.

This...
Howie needs to make a deal.
This is the biggest flaw in the team by far.

Hard for DLine to get home when receivers are wide open from almost right after the snap.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
From my perspective the Patriots are evil.

4mysnZw.gif
That guy also hates Halo btw. He truly is despicable.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Texans beat them over the top several times (Will Fuller just dropped several TD passes).
I mean in a general sense. The Chiefs corners are a mediocre bunch, but the path of least resistance against their defense is targeting their putrid LB group, and pounding it up front.

Case in point:

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Eagles pass rush is overrated anyway. It truly hasn't been dominant in a long time (outside of the Jets game). They simply don't get the consistent pressure right now.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Eagles pass rush is overrated anyway. It truly hasn't been dominant in a long time (outside of the Jets game). They simply don't get the consistent pressure right now.
The problem is they are missing that 2nd DT so team can double Cox all day and there is no push up the middle. Their DEs use that wide 9 type stance to get around the tackles as quick as possible, but if there is no push making the QBs back up, the DE's just run by without doing anything. You could see in that Jets game, when the Eagles get pressure up the middle the DE's can cause havoc.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
The problem is they are missing that 2nd DT so team can double Cox all day and there is no push up the middle. Their DEs use that wide 9 type stance to get around the tackles as quick as possible, but if there is no push making the QBs back up, the DE's just run by without doing anything. You could see in that Jets game, when the Eagles get pressure up the middle the DE's can cause havoc.

The Jernigan (and Malik Jackson) injuries really didn't make major news because everyone just thinks "oh they're so deep it doesn't matter" but literally the pass rush only works when the roster is deep like that.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
The Jernigan (and Malik Jackson) injuries really didn't make major news because everyone just thinks "oh they're so deep it doesn't matter" but literally the pass rush only works when the roster is deep like that.
Yeah the roster was basically a house of cards this year. If the DT' aren't getting pressure then the high priced DL is useless in the passing game. If the one fast WR gets hurt no one can get open down the filed and the offense is easy to defend. It blows my mind that they had no plan B for a 32 year old fast WR getting hurt. Djax missing games was like the most obvious outcome this year. Howie should have made a move already to bring in another speedy WR. So terrible team must have a fast guy they would give up for very little. Who knows what Djax will even be able to do if/when he comes back.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Yeah the roster was basically a house of cards this year. If the DT' aren't getting pressure then the high priced DL is useless in the passing game. If the one fast WR gets hurt no one can get open down the filed and the offense is easy to defend. It blows my mind that they had no plan B for a 32 year old fast WR getting hurt. Djax missing games was like the most obvious outcome this year. Howie should have made a move already to bring in another speedy WR. So terrible team must have a fast guy they would give up for very little. Who knows what Djax will even be able to do if/when he comes back.

Never forget that Howie had no backup plan for MIKE WALLACE going down in 2018. What will it take to just have multiple deep threats on the roster

besides drafting a good WR for once

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
You would think with how good Carson is at throwing deep that they would have several of those guys on the roster just in case. Hell how about snagging a fast WR off another teams practice squad or something. Hell how about trading for Robby Anderson from the Jets. He is a local guy and he runs a 4.3 40. I cant imagine the Jets asking for to much for him.

Aug 26, 2019
Eagles have spent 3 2nd round picks on the offense the last 2 years and have nothing to really show for it. They put way to much into this idea that wentz was so good the offense would be unstoppable and the defense would not matter. They need all the picks they can get now. Trading picks now for this aging team would be silly. Wentz looks bad, not sure if it is the injuries or the fact that the offense is loaded with these slowing ploding dudes but they need to change things drastically in the offseason.
They need legit WRs that are younger than 30.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Where are all the Kliff Kingsbury haters at? Looks like his air raid offense is working.

2018 Offensive Rank - 32
2019 Offensive Rank - 10

2018 Passing Rank - 32
2019 Passing Rank - 10

2018 Rushing Rank - 32
2019 Rushing Rank - 9

He has really coached Kyler Murray up this season, helping him clean up rookie mistakes such as batted down passes, throwing the ball away, and not taking sacks. Murray has responded really well and keeps getting better and better. We were able to also see that his offense definitely has a balance to it with the running game, evident vs the Bengals. The first part of the season was mostly passes because they were playing from behind and really did not have a choice. Kliff has also struggled in the red zone with his play calling this year, but we saw corrections and success with it yesterday. He is by no means a coaching juggernaut in the league yet, but I think the criticism that he received this offseason and at the beginning of the year was unfair. And I know some people are going to say "well, they have played bad teams". They played the Ravens and Lions really tough, and had chances to win those games. And good teams are suppose to win the easy ones, so i'll take that as progress moving forward. The defense in Arizona is absolutely garbage, but maybe Patrick Peterson can provide a spark.

At the end of the day, what Kliff has done here in Arizona this season is leaps and bounds better than what they did last year, it's not even close. I think he has this team trending in the right direction, and it doesn't hurt that Kyler Murray is a budding star in this league.

May 25, 2019
London
Never forget that Howie had no backup plan for MIKE WALLACE going down in 2018. What will it take to just have multiple deep threats on the roster

besides drafting a good WR for once

The problem with Roseman is that he views some positions/types of players as a "check the box" type. One speedy wideout is not good enough anymore; the entire wide receiving core should have some speed. That way, if one goes down, its just next man up.

Not everybody has to be a barn burner, but just look at Houston, where Hopkins can take you yard occasionally, opposite Fuller who makes it his brand.

I think something that has not been discussed enough is him trading away Bennett this offseason. Bennett's versatility saved them last year as he played a lot of snaps at DT alongside Cox. He could've been emergency depth if Jernigan or Malik got injured, which they did.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
The problem with Roseman is that he views some positions/types of players as a "check the box" type. One speedy wideout is not good enough anymore; the entire wide receiving core should have some speed. That way, if one goes down, its just next man up.

Not everybody has to be a barn burner, but just look at Houston, where Hopkins can take you yard occasionally, opposite Fuller who makes it his brand.

I think something that has not been discussed enough is him trading away Bennett this offseason. Bennett's versatility saved them last year as he played a lot of snaps at DT alongside Cox. He could've been emergency depth if Jernigan or Malik got injured, which they did.
Giving away Bennett for nothing made no sense at the time and it looks ridiculous now.

Oct 27, 2017
Going to bed and turning my phone off until I've caught the Lions game in the morning. Couldn't get Tuesday completely off work so I cant stay up until 4:30am.

But let's fucking GOOOO LIONS

Oct 29, 2017
Where are all the Kliff Kingsbury haters at? Looks like his air raid offense is working.

2018 Offensive Rank - 32
2019 Offensive Rank - 10

2018 Passing Rank - 32
2019 Passing Rank - 10

2018 Rushing Rank - 32
2019 Rushing Rank - 9

He has really coached Kyler Murray up this season, helping him clean up rookie mistakes such as batted down passes, throwing the ball away, and not taking sacks. Murray has responded really well and keeps getting better and better. We were able to also see that his offense definitely has a balance to it with the running game, evident vs the Bengals. The first part of the season was mostly passes because they were playing from behind and really did not have a choice. Kliff has also struggled in the red zone with his play calling this year, but we saw corrections and success with it yesterday. He is by no means a coaching juggernaut in the league yet, but I think the criticism that he received this offseason and at the beginning of the year was unfair. And I know some people are going to say "well, they have played bad teams". They played the Ravens and Lions really tough, and had chances to win those games. And good teams are suppose to win the easy ones, so i'll take that as progress moving forward. The defense in Arizona is absolutely garbage, but maybe Patrick Peterson can provide a spark.

At the end of the day, what Kliff has done here in Arizona this season is leaps and bounds better than what they did last year, it's not even close. I think he has this team trending in the right direction, and it doesn't hurt that Kyler Murray is a budding star in this league.
I'll eat crow. He's got the Cards trending upwards. If Antonio Brown wasn't crazy, he would be an great fit with Murray.