• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
The Niners remind me of the 2017 Eagles a bit, in that you look up and every player is overachieving, and then the roster is just sort of stacked.

Yeah people are starting to see how well rounded they are in talent. Then you look at their schedule, their next 4 games are against the Rams, Redskins, Panthers and Cardinals.

They can very easily be 7-1 going into November. They do have to play the Seahawks, Packers and Saints after that but should have Staley and Taylor (Jimmy's favorite target) back by then.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
The Fins are averaging 4.0 yards per play. The Jets are at 3.2!
People aren't appreciating how bald Luke is.

His brain when dropping back to pass.
tenor.gif

His internal clock isn't slow it's broken. Add to that he has a wet noodle for an arm.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah people are starting to see how well rounded they are in talent. Then you look at their schedule, their next 4 games are against the Rams, Redskins, Panthers and Cardinals.

They can very easily be 7-1 going into November. They do have to play the Seahawks, Packers and Saints after that but should have Staley and Taylor (Jimmy's favorite target) back by then.

I really thought offensively last year (even without Jimmy) we were pretty talented. Obviously we are lacking a big name WR on the outside but our offense put up points and the defense lost us a ton of games. Kyle is an amazing play caller and knows how to scheme.

Even the Brian Hoyer season, we were 6-10 and lost something like 4 games by a combined 10 points, the talent had always been there on offense but this season we finally have a defense. It's mostly the same personnel just with Bosa and Ford not giving the QBs time to shred us.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Finally Sam Darnold is back

Now I can be disappointed when we lose, instead of not caring at all

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

You just gotta hope it goes like that without that trip to LA that changed things...oh wait.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Juice's injury only seems to be a knee sprain. We'll definitely miss him against the Lambs, but I was fearing the worst.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang Sherman, not a good look.

Not just Sherman.

Mike Silver (who wrote the story) basically used his platform in the media to prop up his good friend Hue Jackson for years.

As a result he can't stand Mayfield (who basically trashed Hue Jackson on the way out) and has been using his platform to throw Mayfield under the bus any chance he gets.

Sherman is good friends with Mike Silver from the sounds of it, they've probably had these conversations off the record re: Mayfield in the past.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Was he talking about some other handshake before the captains met during warm-ups or something? Still a bad look for Sherman.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Fins need to step up their tanking game

And Gase is the offensive genius the Jets just had to hire as soon as he was fired in Miami where his offenses did absolutely nothing.

Pretty important game for both the Vikings and the Eagles.
Both teams have the potential to be very good this season, have strong rosters, but have had a couple stumbles thus far this year.
Obviously I want my Vikes to win, but I'm sick of this 'Cousins can't beat good teams' narrative. I don't hate it because I feel it's not true (it kind of is. He seems to suck when the stakes are high, but that's a whole separate rant), I hate it because it's been the narrative of this team since after losing the NFCCG a couple years ago. Frustrating.

All that said, I think the Vikings can win at home against the Eagles, but I'm not going to be surprised if they go down 3-3. It feels like one of those games that can go either way.
Here's to a good game, Eagles-ERA... and here's to an injury-free game.

I am chalking this up as a loss for the Eagles. Yes, the Eagles run D is great but its also because teams just air it out against our putrid secondary. And who knows if any of the starters are even back for this game. Thielen and Diggs are going to have huge games and I see the Vikes win something like 27-17.

Oct 27, 2017
Was he talking about some other handshake before the captains met during warm-ups or something? Still a bad look for Sherman.

He was talking about after the coin toss. Maybe it's some kind of unwritten rule to shake again after the toss, but it still kind of makes him look petty. How many times does the dude need to shake your hand?

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
It is a classic case of stats not telling the whole story. It also helps that the first three weeks were vs completely incompetent offenses.
Well they also held the Saints to 13 points and no TDs while their offense was constantly putting htem in bad positions. And the Saints have been putting up 30+ points against other teams under Teddy. The Cowboys defense isn't elite like last season, but it's basically average by DVOA. Hardly a disaster and more than good enough for an offense that can put up 24+
Eagles defense netted me 35 fantasy points, looking forward to seeing what the Cowboys will yield
Gotta worry about Darnold tho. Still probably a good bet but the jets probably aren't giving up 10 sacks, 4 turnovers and 2 defensive TDs

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
So with Gase exposed as the fraud he is, even more praise for Mannings records in Denver?
He again was the OC himself it seems....

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
This has gotta be the fastest a thread has gone up ever. Great OP image.

Teddy threw 4TDs last week but more importantly he actually attempted to throw deep and was 4/4 on throws over 20 yards. I don't even care that it was against the Bucs secondary and probably not sustainable, just seeing him finally take chances on deep throws was enough for me. Hearing the TEDDY chants echo through the dome after his third TD was a joy to behold as well. If Teddy and the D can keep playing this way, then there's no reason to not be 6-2 or better by the bye.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!

Pictured below: Jameis getting sacked and taking it in stride and not like a punk

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Gase is a good coach but it's ridiculous to rip him when he's been starting his third-string QB.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Gase is a good coach but it's ridiculous to rip him when he's been starting his third-string QB.
What about ripping for him not giving that third-string QB any 1st team reps in practice leading up to the game and instead giving them to a QB who hasn't been cleared for contact and could literally die if he was sacked

Gase is in a shit situation. He's also handled it extremely poorly

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
So good news is Juice isn't out for the season. It will change the running game a bit though for the next month or two. Hopefully Kyle will figure it out.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My team will have a winning record after this week, how about yours friends?