• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
This is why the losses to ATL and DET were awful for the Eagles. They simply can't afford to lose to teams which are good or mediocre, esp not if they are supposed to be one of the top teams in the NFC and plan to contend for an SB.

Which brings me to the point...they aren't. They are ok to good but they aren't elite and in no way shape or form in line to compete for the SB this season. Literally everything I have written about all season about the issues with this team all show up again yesterday. In fact it was the perfect Eagles game to capture all the issues the team has.

Offense: I am sick and tired of Doug and the offense deferring after winning the toss. As if they are good enough on offense or defense, to kick the ball away, force a 3 and out, and then feel good about getting the ball back after the 2nd half to start the 3rd. All that sounds good but our D stinks, gives up TDs on opening drives, while the opposing team just marches down eating up half the quarter.

Our offense takes 1.5 quarters to wake up each game and so when they get the ball with 4-5 min left in the quarter and they don't put together a drive, the whole game plan is thrown out the window and they spend the rest of the game playing catchup.

And simply put the guys they thought were going to be good and contribute haven't lived up or stepped up to the plate. Mack Hollins is awful. JJ can't get on the field ahead of Mack. Alshon looks 2 steps slower than usual but at least he is a threat to catch the ball. Zach Ertz had his worst game in years. Miles Sanders, an RB who wasn't known for his ability to catch in college, led the team in receiving and he has all the 20+ catches in each of the last 4 games. Agholor is either never targeted or when he is, always off by a step or two. The Eagles WRS were supposed to be the strength this year but one DeSean injury and the whole group as a whole look awful. The offense shouldn't be relying on a 32 yr old WR to make it work. At this point defenses just need to double Ertz and put their best CB on Alshon. No one else scares any defense or does anything.

When was the last time an Eagles skill position player made a play on their own? Where maybe the ball wasn't perfect but they went up and got it? Or they took a short pass, made a man or two miss and took it the house?

Howie and the FO might need to trade for another WR midseason again cause this group is simply not doing anything and we don't know when DeSean is returning. Even when he returns can they really count on him to just open everything up?

And lastly for the offense what in the world was Doug doing with that fake FG? They had no timeouts left and less than 30 seconds left in the half. They were only the 5 yd line, they were back by the 30. Even if you complete that pass on the fake, you can't stop the clock, Dallas gets tackled in bounds because of the route he was running, and then you have to rush to spike the ball for what? One more shot at the endzone where you have to throw it such that only your guy can catch it and it has to be going out of bounds? WTF?

I love Doug's aggressiveness and the whole approach with analytics but god damn that was a boneheaded choice. Just take the FG. And its also time to start questioning his ability to have this offense ready to start games. It is a trend now. The offense takes forever to get going and by then they are down by 10-14 points in panic mode trying to catch up. I don't blame the OC or any other offensive coach. This is Doug's offense and he calls the plays. He hasn't fixed it yet. Again something as simply as maybe just taking the opening kick off to see if the offense goes and score first might help.

Defense: Going into the season there was some optimism that while the secondary isn't great, the sheer #s guys they had hurt the last year coming back should bolster the secondary. And that they upgraded the DL tremendously by signing DT Malik Jackson. Jackson lasted only 1 game before being lost for the season. His back up, DT Jernigan, lasted 2 games, and now the Dline is playing guys who were on the PS. Even then they are holding up somewhat.

The secondary though, even with the guys back healthy is just awful. And then those same guys are hurt again. Jalen Mills still isn't back. Darby is always hurt. Sidney Jones always pulls his hamstring after giving up a big play (which is pretty much every game). LeBlanc got hurt in preseason. Avonte Maddox lost his head/neck against the Packers.

Even if all these guys come back healthy I have zero confidence in them. I think Jalen Mills is eligible for a return this coming Sunday but he isn't the Jalen they need. Maybe Avonte Maddox is cleared from his horrific concussion. Darby who knows and LeBlanc isn't eligible to return until week 9. I am done with the Sidney Jones experiment. He never seems to have recovered from the combine injury and certainly has shown nothing to live up to the hype coming out of college.

Now would be the time for Howie to make a move for any corner, even if it isn't Jalen Ramsey. Cause guess what? Gym Shorts isn't changing his scheme much and the Eagles will continue to play mostly single high leaving these corners on an island where they get beat each and every time on double moves. And yeah we have the #1 rush D but who the F cares when nobody runs the ball anymore and teams can just air it out like its 7 on 7 practice against this secondary?

Dak and Cooper are going to eat them alive even if they stop Zeke somewhat.

Minn was going to be a tough matchup but I didn't expect them to get destroyed. Talk more shit Zach Brown. If they lose to Dallas (which I think they will) the season is over IMO. Especially if no miracle deals are going to be made to improve the roster mid-season.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
This is why the losses to ATL and DET were awful for the Eagles. They simply can't afford to lose to teams which are good or mediocre, esp not if they are supposed to be one of the top teams in the NFC and plan to contend for an SB.

Which brings me to the point...they aren't. They are ok to good but they aren't elite and in no way shape or form in line to compete for the SB this season. Literally everything I have written about all season about the issues with this team all show up again yesterday. In fact it was the perfect Eagles game to capture all the issues the team has.

Offense: I am sick and tired of Doug and the offense deferring after winning the toss. As if they are good enough on offense or defense, to kick the ball away, force a 3 and out, and then feel good about getting the ball back after the 2nd half to start the 3rd. All that sounds good but our D stinks, gives up TDs on opening drives, while the opposing team just marches down eating up half the quarter.

Our offense takes 1.5 quarters to wake up each game and so when they get the ball with 4-5 min left in the quarter and they don't put together a drive, the whole game plan is thrown out the window and they spend the rest of the game playing catchup.

And simply put the guys they thought were going to be good and contribute haven't lived up or stepped up to the plate. Mack Hollins is awful. JJ can't get on the field ahead of Mack. Alshon looks 2 steps slower than usual but at least he is a threat to catch the ball. Zach Ertz had his worst game in years. Miles Sanders, an RB who wasn't known for his ability to catch in college, led the team in receiving and he has all the 20+ catches in each of the last 4 games. Agholor is either never targeted or when he is, always off by a step or two. The Eagles WRS were supposed to be the strength this year but one DeSean injury and the whole group as a whole look awful. The offense shouldn't be relying on a 32 yr old WR to make it work. At this point defenses just need to double Ertz and put their best CB on Alshon. No one else scares any defense or does anything.

When was the last time an Eagles skill position player made a play on their own? Where maybe the ball wasn't perfect but they went up and got it? Or they took a short pass, made a man or two miss and took it the house?

Howie and the FO might need to trade for another WR midseason again cause this group is simply not doing anything and we don't know when DeSean is returning. Even when he returns can they really count on him to just open everything up?

And lastly for the offense what in the world was Doug doing with that fake FG? They had no timeouts left and less than 30 seconds left in the half. They were only the 5 yd line, they were back by the 30. Even if you complete that pass on the fake, you can't stop the clock, Dallas gets tackled in bounds because of the route he was running, and then you have to rush to spike the ball for what? One more shot at the endzone where you have to throw it such that only your guy can catch it and it has to be going out of bounds? WTF?

I love Doug's aggressiveness and the whole approach with analytics but god damn that was a boneheaded choice. Just take the FG. And its also time to start questioning his ability to have this offense ready to start games. It is a trend now. The offense takes forever to get going and by then they are down by 10-14 points in panic mode trying to catch up. I don't blame the OC or any other offensive coach. This is Doug's offense and he calls the plays. He hasn't fixed it yet. Again something as simply as maybe just taking the opening kick off to see if the offense goes and score first might help.

Defense: Going into the season there was some optimism that while the secondary isn't great, the sheer #s guys they had hurt the last year coming back should bolster the secondary. And that they upgraded the DL tremendously by signing DT Malik Jackson. Jackson lasted only 1 game before being lost for the season. His back up, DT Jernigan, lasted 2 games, and now the Dline is playing guys who were on the PS. Even then they are holding up somewhat.

The secondary though, even with the guys back healthy is just awful. And then those same guys are hurt again. Jalen Mills still isn't back. Darby is always hurt. Sidney Jones always pulls his hamstring after giving up a big play (which is pretty much every game). LeBlanc got hurt in preseason. Avonte Maddox lost his head/neck against the Packers.

Even if all these guys come back healthy I have zero confidence in them. I think Jalen Mills is eligible for a return this coming Sunday but he isn't the Jalen they need. Maybe Avonte Maddox is cleared from his horrific concussion. Darby who knows and LeBlanc isn't eligible to return until week 9. I am done with the Sidney Jones experiment. He never seems to have recovered from the combine injury and certainly has shown nothing to live up to the hype coming out of college.

Now would be the time for Howie to make a move for any corner, even if it isn't Jalen Ramsey. Cause guess what? Gym Shorts isn't changing his scheme much and the Eagles will continue to play mostly single high leaving these corners on an island where they get beat each and every time on double moves. And yeah we have the #1 rush D but who the F cares when nobody runs the ball anymore and teams can just air it out like its 7 on 7 practice against this secondary?

Dak and Cooper are going to eat them alive even if they stop Zeke somewhat.

Minn was going to be a tough matchup but I didn't expect them to get destroyed. Talk more shit Zach Brown. If they lose to Dallas (which I think they will) the season is over IMO. Especially if no miracle deals are going to be made to improve the roster mid-season.
no more fucking trades

dude our center and left tackle have like 2 years left MAX and we've drafted shit corners and receivers for like 5 years

we got lucky going all in on 2017

this roster is too old now. We need to start drafting around Carson, not mortgaging the future for vets when we clearly aren't going to be able to travel in the playoffs and take games off better teams

if we go all in on more trades and flop we will end up the same as the packers with Rodgers. One ring and multiple years of rosters being carried by a qb

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
no more fucking trades

dude our center and left tackle have like 2 years left MAX and we've drafted shit corners and receivers for like 5 years

we got lucky going all in on 2017

this roster is too old now. We need to start drafting around Carson, not mortgaging the future for vets when we clearly aren't going to be able to travel in the playoffs and take games off better teams

if we go all in on more trades and flop we will end up the same as the packers with Rodgers. One ring and multiple years of rosters being carried by a qb

You just said we have drafted shit corners. So you want to rely on drafting more shit corners in the offseason?

The future LT was just drafted and should be a lockdown LT for 10+ years. Don't know how long Kelce plays but I am far more concerned about our D and the secondary in particular to worry about a center.

The team is ready to win now. I don't know what to waste seasons just to see if future draft picks work out. If guys like Patrick Peterson, CH Jr, or Jalen Ramsey are available and they can help you win now this season and make an SB run, you do it. Ramsey would cost you a lot but the other guys might be available for mid-round picks and if they are, they have to make those moves.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
You just said we have drafted shit corners. So you want to rely on drafting more shit corners in the offseason?

The future LT was just drafted and should be a lockdown LT for 10+ years. Don't know how long Kelce plays but I am far more concerned about our D and the secondary in particular to worry about a center.

The team is ready to win now. I don't know what to waste seasons just to see if future draft picks work out. If guys like Patrick Peterson, CH Jr, or Jalen Ramsey are available and they can help you win now this season and make an SB run, you do it. Ramsey would cost you a lot but the other guys might be available for mid-round picks and if they are, they have to make those moves.

how is this team built to win now lmao

our skills position are soft as shit and our secondary group is at best bottom 5 In the league

You give up high picks for Ramsey CHJ or pp and we get no ring and you fuck the roster even more. We end up even more in a hole as our o line ages out

I want Howie to revamp the scouting division. Whoever has been making the calls for the past three years should be replaced. If it was Howie he should give up control because the drafting has been too weak at replacing obvious longstanding issues

I don't understand how you think we're a corner away from being competitive. This team would get punched in the fucking mouth if they played away at 49ers or New Orleans

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Also don't even think about resigning agholor

he's a great guy but he's been fucking terrible this year

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017

All over my face

Dabo was right...passing on Watson is passing on Michael Jordan. Kid is just clutch

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
how is this team built to win now lmao

our skills position are soft as shit and our secondary group is at best bottom 5 In the league

You give up high picks for Ramsey CHJ or pp and we get no ring and you fuck the roster even more. We end up even more in a hole as our o line ages out

I want Howie to revamp the scouting division. Whoever has been making the calls for the past three years should be replaced. If it was Howie he should give up control because the drafting has been too weak at replacing obvious longstanding issues

I don't understand how you think we're a corner away from being competitive. This team would get punched in the fucking mouth if they played away at 49ers or New Orleans

How? They weren't coming into this season expecting to be bad. All the moves they made in the offseason were to make an SB run this season. So that alone tells you they, the coach and FO, want to win now and thought they had the team to win now. Now the secondary stinks and is injured so they can use that as an excuse but you and I already mentioned that even when they are healthy, they have missed on all these guys.

Ramsey is young and he is the only one who you have to give up multiple picks up for. CHJ or PP isn't costing you a first or multiple picks. The draft isn't also just one pick or the first-round pick. You can both compete now by picking up vets and draft for the future.

Nothing is changing with this FO. Winning the SB buys you at least 5 more seasons unless they suddenly become the worst team in the league somehow. If anything, Howie and team will probably say this was on Joe Douglas who is now gone.

Your 2nd rd draft pick rookie WR shouldn't be buried on the depth chart to the point that he can't play over Mack Hollins esp with DJAX out hurt. So again why hold on to a pick like that if you can trade for a proven player who can upgrade the secondary immediately?

You keep bringing up the OLINE but outside of Peters, who they already drafted a replacement for, the rest of the line isn't old. Even Kelce who mulls retirement every offseason isn't old. Far less concerned about the OLINE or the future 5 years down the road than with fixing the secondary now any way possible.

Also don't even think about resigning agholor

he's a great guy but he's been fucking terrible this year

They already made up their mind on him and it was up to him to ball out this season to see if they should sign him. They won't. He will be gone in the off-season. I like the guy but he just hasn't taken advantage of the opportunities. I'd love for him to go to Jax since he and Foles had great chemistry. Maybe in a trade package with picks for Ramsey.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One day after seeing Sam display his mono strength and I'm still pretty damn happy.

My coworker was telling me that Cowboys fans were chanting "1-4!" after the game, so really it couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't see the Pats losing in the playoffs. I know the arguments, they haven't played any real competition except Buffalo. But I would counter with that those they did play, they destroyed as expected.

Until they don't perform as expected they have the coach, the D and the QB to beat all these inferior teams.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope Houston / Patriots are at full strength for that prime time game in December. Dying to see if Patriots D can contain Watson.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the Pats losing in the playoffs. I know the arguments, they haven't played any real competition except Buffalo. But I would counter with that those they did play, they destroyed as expected.

Until they don't perform as expected they have the coach, the D and the QB to beat all these inferior teams.

On paper the Giants game looked like destruction but it was closer than what the box score indicated.

Fierro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
On paper the Giants game looked like destruction but it was closer than what the box score indicated.

It was until it wasn't. This is the edge the Patriots have with their D. Also the credit people don't give them. Oh you blew out the Giants, the Redskins, the Phins, but just because it is expected doesn't mean it will always happen.

Look at every other team and how badly they have disappointed. (except for the 9ers)

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Pats have to improve their O-line and offense a lot if they want to get back to the Owl. And their defense is great but it needs to be tested against a good offense like Houston and Chiefs.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
It was until it wasn't. This is the edge the Patriots have with their D. Also the credit people don't give them. Oh you blew out the Giants, the Redskins, the Phins, but just because it is expected doesn't mean it will always happen.

Look at every other team and how badly they have disappointed. (except for the 9ers)
I remember the days the Pats were giving up 300 yards passing to absolute nobodies. This season has just been up and down for everybody due to injuries and people underperforming.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Texans Cycle is thing of the past.
giphy.gif

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Pats have to improve their O-line and offense a lot if they want to get back to the Owl. And their defense is great but it needs to be tested against a good offense like Houston and Chiefs.
Their Oline is the offense if that gets corrected that makes them clearly the best in the AFC. If not they still will likely have the bye.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Houston's pass defense is ass cheeks too.

There has to be absolute panic in Kansas City right now.
KC's biggest problem right now is probably injuries. Between Mahomes ankle, and missing key players on the o-line plus defense, the offense hasn't been clicking like it was, and the already bad defense has lost even more in terms of pass rush and run defense. They'll probably be fine as players get healthy, but the depth at certain positions is clearly a problem, and certainly gifting penalties and turnovers doesn't help.

Ultimately teams are going to be largely content to dink and dunk them, run the ball heavily, etc., if it means forcing the KC offense to sit and get cold for long periods of time. They probably need a trade or two to help with some of the current deficiencies.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
*Insert Dolan "Everything was Patriots" meme here*

Edit:
005.jpg

Except the doorway says NFL 2019 and Dolan says everything was Patriots

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Eagles have spent 3 2nd round picks on the offense the last 2 years and have nothing to really show for it. They put way to much into this idea that wentz was so good the offense would be unstoppable and the defense would not matter. They need all the picks they can get now. Trading picks now for this aging team would be silly. Wentz looks bad, not sure if it is the injuries or the fact that the offense is loaded with these slowing ploding dudes but they need to change things drastically in the offseason.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Eagles have spent 3 2nd round picks on the offense the last 2 years and have nothing to really show for it. They put way to much into this idea that wentz was so good the offense would be unstoppable and the defense would not matter. They need all the picks they can get now. Trading picks now for this aging team would be silly. Wentz looks bad, not sure if it is the injuries or the fact that the offense is loaded with these slowing ploding dudes but they need to change things drastically in the offseason.
Wentz has played well this season. What the hell are you talking about?

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Dre Kirkpatrick on crutches and wearing a brace. I didnt see the play, is there any word or thought on what his injury may be? Tore something in his knee?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ

Wentz hasn't lit the world on fire but bad? Really? Is he missing wide open guys that I am not aware of? Is he taking sacks? Throwing INTs?

The issue mainly seems to be that our best or at least fastest WR is a rookie RB who isn't known for his catchability. Alshon loses his balance yesterday on a perfect pass otherwise that's a TD. He also dropped a 4th down conversion. Agholor can't track the ball and has had huge drops which directly led to losses this season. JJ, our 2nd rd pick, can't get on the field ahead of Mack Hollins. Mack Hollins who famously said he prefers playing STs over WR. DeSean is still out and it seems like won't be back for this week either. Doug said he won't practice on Wednesday.

Even Ertz had uncharacteristic drops yesterday.

Why should we stockpile picks when Howie hasn't hit on much at all? So he can drafter another JJAW? Saying the team is aging is not saying much nor should it stop them from being active at the trade deadline. They are old at LT but have his replacement. They are old at Safeties but those are the best players on D right now. They do think the defense matters which is why they selected Derrick Barnet, signed Malik Jackson, brought back Jernigan, and used picks to trade for Darby and drafted all the other corners they have. The issue isn't that they don't have enough picks or that they don't care about defense, its just that they have missed on all those guys at the same time. And even when the guys show promise they get hurt right away.

On offense, they seriously miscalculated with JJAW IMO. In theory, a WR who can outjump everyone, like a younger Alshon, makes sense but this team needs speed in a bad way. DeSean is the only with it and he is 32. Unless the ball is thrown perfectly each time, none of the other guys fight for the ball or create something on their own. Other 2nd and 3rd WRs are starting and making contributions for their teams.

As I said before, if you trade for a corner, you might have to give up a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th depending on who you trade for. I am all for that if they can get a competent starter. Only Ramsey would cost a lot but if you go for him, you are getting the best or 2nd best CB who is only 26.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Wentz has played well this season. What the hell are you talking about?
I think all the talk in the offseason about him being back to his MVP level from 2017 had people expecting him to be great this year and he hasnt. He is still good but he isnt close to being a top QB this year. His Y/A is down a full yard from last year, his completion percentage is almost down 10% compared to last year. I did say it might not be his fault, it could be due to the crap weapons he has this year. We will see once everyone gets healthy, if they ever do.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
It all goes hand in hand. I am less worried about the offense than about the defense. I think they gave up 4 time consuming 10+ play drives yesterday. And some of those drives came right after the offense finally put together a push and was within 4 points. Felt like the momentum was on their side only to see the D get shredded over and over.

They couldn't get off the field. They don't force 3 and outs. About the only time, they got off the field in a hurry was when Cousins went deep and found guys running wide open.

Maybe if the D is improved (secondary mainly) they can get stops. If they get stops, the offense has more chances to put something together.

If I am Doug, I'd at least start with taking the ball first. Get the offense out there first to score. Replace Mack Hollins with Greg Ward or the rookie JJAW. Anyone. And I'd take more deep shots just to see if they can even get some PI calls going in their favor. Anything.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Have the Eagles cut #32 yet? He got burned so hard by Diggs yesterday. I had flashbacks to Julio Jones vs. Bene Benwickere
No, he's our good corner
I think all the talk in the offseason about him being back to his MVP level from 2017 had people expecting him to be great this year and he hasnt. He is still good but he isnt close to being a top QB this year. His Y/A is down a full yard from last year, his completion percentage is almost down 10% compared to last year. I did say it might not be his fault, it could be due to the crap weapons he has this year. We will see once everyone gets healthy, if they ever do.
Unfortunately he can't catch his own balls. It's not just Agholor, every receiver has dropped balls that have hit them square in the hands. Wentz hasn't played perfect, but he's the last thing on the team I'm worried about. And like effzee and others have said, forget the drops. When's the last time you remember a player making a tough catch or bailing Wentz out? When was the last time you remember a receiver making a catch like that Diggs toe tap TD? Also the lack of DJax is basically forcing the Eagles to do short quick rhythm passes so everything becomes difficult. The team really had no backup for a deep threat beyond a 32 year old WR who's banged up every season

BGN radio summed up the issues on both sides of the field for me. Every time Wentz throws it feels like life or death since I don't trust the receievers to even make simple passes. And on defense, every time I see the opposing QB throwing deep, I already know the ball will be caught before the TV camera even looks downfield

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
No, he's our good corner

Unfortunately he can't catch his own balls. It's not just Agholor, every receiver has dropped balls that have hit them square in the hands. Wentz hasn't played perfect, but he's the last thing on the team I'm worried about. And like effzee and others have said, forget the drops. When's the last time you remember a player making a tough catch or bailing Wentz out? When was the last time you remember a receiver making a catch like that Diggs toe tap TD? Also the lack of DJax is basically forcing the Eagles to do short quick rhythm passes so everything becomes difficult. The team really had no backup for a deep threat beyond a 32 year old WR who's banged up every season

BGN radio summed up the issues on both sides of the field for me. Every time Wentz throws it feels like life or death since I don't trust the receievers to even make simple passes. And on defense, every time I see the opposing QB throwing deep, I already know the ball will be caught before the TV camera even looks downfield

Yeah simply put nothing is easy or simple on offense and the opposing teams find throwing against our secondary easy. I really thought Agholor was going to break out this year but he seems to have regressed.

Early indications are that Mills and Darby will be back this week. Not sure what good they will be but ok I'll take it. No word yet on Avonte.

When is Jernigan slated to come back?

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah simply put nothing is easy or simple on offense and the opposing teams find throwing against our secondary easy. I really thought Agholor was going to break out this year but he seems to have regressed.

Early indications are that Mills and Darby will be back this week. Not sure what good they will be but ok I'll take it. No word yet on Avonte.

When is Jernigan slated to come back?
He got a 4-6 week injury against the Falcons. So he could be back this week but I have a feeling we won't see him till after the bye. The upper end of his healing would be week 9 against the bears and the next week is the bye. So I could see them sitting him for chicago

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
KC's biggest problem right now is probably injuries. Between Mahomes ankle, and missing key players on the o-line plus defense, the offense hasn't been clicking like it was, and the already bad defense has lost even more in terms of pass rush and run defense. They'll probably be fine as players get healthy, but the depth at certain positions is clearly a problem, and certainly gifting penalties and turnovers doesn't help.

Ultimately teams are going to be largely content to dink and dunk them, run the ball heavily, etc., if it means forcing the KC offense to sit and get cold for long periods of time. They probably need a trade or two to help with some of the current deficiencies.

Texans beat them over the top several times (Will Fuller just dropped several TD passes).

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
In the Chiefs game there was a situation where the WR ran into the secondary and then Houston challenged it as an illegal pick and lost. The exact same play was run on Dallas and it was called on the WR nullifying a touchdown. That was major and I think the third touchdown taken off the board for us this year on bs calls.

Dallas has talent but basically all of the coaching is trash because they can't maximize the talent on the field.

Kellen Moore has regressed in play calling last 3 games, there is no originality and he has become predictable, wtf happened. Zeke up the middle, zeke up the middle, Zeke up the middle. What kind of running plays are these. The 2 point conversion was such a terrible play call as well, no RB in the backfield to keep them on their toes? Come on man. Run a counter bootleg or something.

But the biggest issue is absolutely the D-line. Not only do they not get pressure and suck at stopping the run, when they blitz they keep fucking falling and slipping or taking terrible angles. The entire front line is trash. Makes the secondary look even worse than they are playing.

Also I want to see Marinelli blitz way more, get after the QB. The secondary only needs to play tight coverage for 2-3 seconds instead of 4-5.

Lets see if these fucks can figure it out, the Eagles game will be the turning point of the season.