• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Christian Covington, a defensive end for the Houston Texans, recently took to Twitter to express his displeasure with his character model in Madden 19:

For reference:
DlO2VX9UwAApjHd.jpg

Trent Taylor, a wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers, was not happy with his character either

Da'ron Payne, a defensive lineman for the Washington Redskins seemed to get the short end of the stick as well
DlPgBWZXoAEyP86.jpg

DlPgBx9XsAAK0jW.jpg

EA, wyd?

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, we need some other company making NFL games too, monopolies lead to stagnation Exhibit A ^

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot of face scanning.

The NBA doesn't have near the amount of players to deal with.

I get 2k every year. Best game in town.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Madden and 2k are the biggest yearly scams going in gaming. People who buy this shit should be ashamed. 60 bucks for a roster update and buzzword features that amount to jack shit

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Maybe if they didn't have annual release schedules and just updated rosters annually instead, they'd have the time and resources to do good character models when switching engines. I thought I was going to come in here and make fun of NFL players for being pre-madonnas about their character models, but those are AWFUL!

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if they didn't have annual release schedules and just updated rosters annually instead, they'd have the time and resources to do good character models when switching engines. I thought I was going to come in here and make fun of NFL players for being pre-madonnas about their character models, but those are AWFUL!
eh... NBA 2k series, PES and FIFA has really good quality models. It's not a good reason considering other sport devs are doing it well.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Damn, lol. I hope more players dunk on Madden for the generic character models.

2k is bad at this too. Someone post that picture of the WWE games using Booker T.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, reminds me that one of my favorite hockey players had long hair for years but his in game model was bald. I get maybe not having all the likenesses or facial models but it should be somewhat close.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit those are bad.

Madden lol...

I hope I get to see the Witcher statue and the repainted Jesus artwork in this thread.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017
That game is shit when it comes to face scans, these examples are just small sample, but I have to say all of the ones i have seen so far look awful.

Edit: this is the same as ME: Andromeda? Oh lord, I dont get why not stay with frostbite engine, looks to be a better engine.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
DlO2VX9UwAApjHd.jpg

Nailed it!

How the hell does this happen.

The guy's only got 5 starts in his career, there are nearly 2000 players in the NFL. He's basically the only customer who would notice something is wrong.

I'm not necessarily defending it, you should probably be as accurate as possible when you are the only one with the license, but accurately modeling a Houston Texans backup defensive end isn't going to be high on the priorities list in any development meetings.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I'd be pretty mad. I think those are worse than what you could do with a good create-a-character builder. If you're using the license for these players, put the work in.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The guy's only got 5 starts in his career, there are nearly 2000 players in the NFL. He's basically the only customer who would notice something is wrong.

I'm not necessarily defending it, you should probably be as accurate as possible when you are the only one with the license, but accurately modeling a Houston Texans backup defensive end isn't going to be high on the priorities list in any development meetings.

I see not really into American Football.
I assumed it would be a more notable player

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Can the NFL renege on the deal with EA already, so Sony can bring back Gameday? Was gonna mention 2K Sports, but the MTXs would ruin an otherwise good time.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017

A lot Starters face scans look like shit as well.