• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Fran is below PENELO?

Also RIP Barret, buried alongside Fat Chocobo and Seven from Type-0.

Also also, who the hell is ???? from Final Fantasy X-2?

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay why the fuck is Asahi sas Brutus at #126? Like what? I et that 126 isn't high but how is he above characters like Urianger? And Ysayle!?

The fuck?

Edit:
Also Hien is super low, why? Like he's not top 10 FFXIV character but to be nearly at the bottom...?

Also wtf is Barret doing at second to last place?

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
  • 06. "One-Winged Angel" (Final Fantasy VII)

That along with Sephiroth not being in the top ten is ludicrous.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that Type 0 characters are that low, those FF gacha games keep throwing us Type 0 content like it's popular.
Interceptor is a good boy.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how they polled people - there are so many characters it makes sense that certain characters are low. Like, I like Hien quite a lot, but there are at least 5 other FFXIV characters I'd put before him. Same goes for Barret, he's not my least favorite cast member in VII but there are at least 3 above him.

I am kinda curious what the shoopuff driver sounds like in Japanese now though

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Lightning gonna be top 3 isn't she? Fuck sake.

For Characters
1 - 10 will contain most of the FF7 cast, maybe 1 - 2 FFXIV character, and sadly Lightning.

5F1A4A303AEB131A7A365ABE9441D120E80FE159

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm curious how they polled people - there are so many characters it makes sense that certain characters are low. Like, I like Hien quite a lot, but there are at least 5 other FFXIV characters I'd put before him. Same goes for Barret, he's not my least favorite cast member in VII but there are at least 3 above him.

You can't vote anymore, but I believe it was one vote from the entire franchise.
All characters btw, not just the main characters (there's 73 characters to select from FF7 alone). Then you had to give a reason on why you voted for this character, as well as some info (age, prefecture, etc).

Same for best game, monster, and music track. So it's not "rank your top 10" or whatever, nor did Barrett get 0 votes.

edit:
Also also, who the hell is ???? from Final Fantasy X-2?
It's apparently Tidus looking at the NHK website. Bottom of this page

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Barret being tied for dead last makes this list absolutely worthless. Whatever fanbase they decided to poll for this has serious problems.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mess of a list(I've been following this since it's announcement) especially so many great VIII characters in the 80's. ; ; I don't event know how Barret ended up last.

Squall did well but I hope he managed to break top 10 after his initial reveal at 13(the voting continued even aftet the reveal) and I'm curious to see where Rinoa, Selphie and Irvine ranked. Overall the character results are insane so far. Music and series will be more interesting.

OP
OP
Dragmire

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gee, I wonder why one of most important main characters in the most popular game in the series is 2nd to last on this list. And what the happen to the earlier results?

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Asahi from XIV being anywhere but dead last on the character list is absolutely baffling.

Higher than Ryne? Than Ysayle?

What the fuck? Who are these people they're letting rank characters?

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017

Asahi from XIV being anywhere but dead last on the character list is absolutely baffling.

Higher than Ryne? Than Ysayle?

What the fuck? Who are these people they're letting rank characters?

Anyone can vote five characters from any mainline and spin-off FF. You have to write the reasons and the vote can't be duplicated.

I'm not surprised Barret or Hien ranked so low, if I have to choose only five from all FF, there're much better characters that deserves the spot.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Anyone can vote five characters from any mainline and spin-off FF. You have to write the reasons and the vote can't be duplicated.

I'm not surprised Barret or Hien ranked so low, if I have to choose only five from all FF, there're much better characters that deserves the spot.
Oh so it was 5 characters, not 1.

Yeah, honestly I can't see the JP fanbase (since it's the one voting) putting Barrett in their top 5s, same for many other characters.
Of course it'd focus on protagonists for example.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Wow, a look at the list of eligible characters it seems even insignificant npcs with only 1 line of dialogue are included.

I'm curious where Amarant will end up ;)

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
The Extreme, Force Your Way and Fisherman's Horizon being so low is criminal.

I'm now very curious where everything else ranked. These results are baffling to me. Some pretty mediocre songs(Type-0???) beating out classics.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Minfilia at 190 is sad :(

Same with Wiegraf at 171 :P! He's a bad guy, but he has sooo many good lines.

Good to see XV Cindy at ~150. They tried to pander really hard there.

Sep 14, 2018
I complained about some placements before but now I see Fang, Krile and Barrett below Penelo and Genesis... like this might as well have been the results of a ff character name scrambler.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Eternal Wind surprisingly low for a Japanese poll, would have figured that song would be as beloved as the Dragon Quest main theme over there

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
www.famitsu.com

『全FF大投票』ランキングまとめ。好きな作品1位は『FF10』、音楽は“ザナルカンドにて”、キャラは“クラウド” | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2020年2月29日、NHK BS プレミアムにて『発表!全ファイナルファンタジー大投票』が放送。好きなキャラクターランキングやボス・召喚獣、音楽など4部門に分けて投票結果が発表された。
Broadcast is currently happening,Famitsu seem to be updating in real time.

As of this post 15-30 of Japan's favourite FF's have been posted.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
www.famitsu.com

『全FF大投票』ランキングまとめ。好きな作品1位は『FF10』、音楽は“ザナルカンドにて”、キャラは“クラウド” | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

2020年2月29日、NHK BS プレミアムにて『発表!全ファイナルファンタジー大投票』が放送。好きなキャラクターランキングやボス・召喚獣、音楽など4部門に分けて投票結果が発表された。
Broadcast is currently happening,Famitsu seem to be updating in real time.

As of this post 15-30 of Japan's favourite FF's have been posted.

XIII
XII
III
II
I
are out of top ten already. I wonder which spin-off get in to the top ten.

OP
OP
Dragmire

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the votes for XV came from women

Most of the votes for XII came from men

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017

XV character ranking.
Highest is Noctis at 13th (I can't remember the preliminary result, is it changed?)

Ignis (28th)
Prompto (38th)
Ardyn (63th)
Luna (69th)
Then Aranea (75th)

Jan 11, 2018
I'm expecting Cloud, Sephiroth and Lightning to be the top 3. Closely followed by Squall, Aerith, Yuna and Tidus (not necessarily in that order).