• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

NHL DECEMBER 2018|OT| We don't teach you anything, we just comment on what's happening

When the Sabres gonna play some
cream puff teams? Their schedule has been ridiculous.
Tampa, Nasville and Toronto in 3 of 4 of the last games.

It's been no joke.

Part of me feels like if they're good they should have been able to handle at least one of those games, but also, I'm sure the letdown from the 10-game streak didn't help.

Still... I dunno. I'm just hoping they can round back into form and pick a few up.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. This was a back to back. You guys are good this year.
Tampa, Nasville and Toronto in 3 of 4 of the last games.

It's been no joke.

Part of me feels like if they're good they should have been able to handle at least one of those games, but also, I'm sure the letdown from the 10-game streak didn't help.

Still... I dunno. I'm just hoping they can round back into form and pick a few up.
Most of these losses are all by one goal. If you told me last year the Sabres would be competing on a nightly basis like this and still losing, I would have said “I’ll take it!”

Oct 25, 2017
Good showing from Eichel tonight, you can tell he really wanted this one.

Sabres conditioning needs some improvement and I'll like them down the stretch. They can play with the upper echelon teams, they die out too soon.

Most of these losses are all by one goal. If you told me last year the Sabres would be competing on a nightly basis like this and still losing, I would have said “I’ll take it!”
Most of the wins were too. We all knew the knife cut both ways.

They're not a bad team. I'm happy they're doing well. I just want to see them get a few dominant wins strung together.

What an entertaining game that was! It was nice to get the win there, but Buffalo played well and could've taken it themselves. The Leafs went into overdrive after that last Eichel score, and I'm glad they did because that would've been a bad goal to lose a good game on. It was a shitty goal to give up, defensively.

Matthews was really good again, and others had some really nice looks and chances. That OT goal was beautiful, as was Matthews' other goal. Eichel's release on that one timer was nice, too, and he was pissing me off.

Freddie was great AGAIN, but both goalies were on tonight.

Good game, Buffalo

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Cake Boss will like this:

Senators owner Eugene Melnyk's popularity takes beating in EKOS survey of 1,000 residents

Asked whether Melnyk has "made an important contribution" to the capital since buying the team, 35 per cent of respondents disagreed, while only 28 per cent agreed.
Almost one-third of respondents — 32 per cent — had "no further interest in supporting the Ottawa Senators as long as Eugene Melnyk is in control."

Of those respondents who identified themselves as hockey fans, nearly 40 per cent said they won't support the Senators while Melnyk is still there — an even more telling statistic, according to Graves.

"The public is souring on Melnyk. He has his supporters but … there's more negativity than positivity," Graves said.
"The fact that such a large number of the fan base says, 'I don't want anything to do with him,' I'm sure it's overstated and it's an expression of frustration and pique, but it's still a pretty shocking number."