• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
I like 19&21 because he is effective at coaxing fallout out of the shadows :)
If nothing, I'm easily baited.

By all means. I'm all about authenticity.
I think Buff plays on the edge a lot and he's a big guy. It makes a lot of his hits seem dirtier and worse than they probably are. I'm generally fine with that kind of play, although I don't particularly care for it. The league has a big problem with concussions that I don't think it's doing enough to address and he's not helping that situation any.

What I'm not fine with is the slash on Gaudreau last night.

Or when he sucker punched Cory Perry when he scored a goal in the playoffs.

Or when he crosschecked JT Miller in the neck.

If you're playing a fast game, shit happens. People get hurt. What gets to me about Byfuglien is that he takes these reactionary shots on players for no goddamn reason other than he seems to be pissed off about something. None of it is reasonable or acceptable. It's got no place in the game. Meanwhile, I don't think the DOPS is doing enough about it. Do I think he deserved a game for that slash? Not really, if you're going to compare it to what a 1 game suspension looks like. Do I think he deserved more than that piddly fine? Absolutely. I don't really think anything will change in that regard, either.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Five times a day I get a thread update about this place and I just say WTF. The forum updates are fucking horse-shit, I don't know how else to put it. The thread is ok. But lack of a reload button on the bottom of the page and giant purple banner on mobile are terrible.

We are a volume driven forum, and our features aren't getting it done. It's embarrassing, and no one writes it. Write it!

This 'upgrade' features are not good enough. They're not good enough for me, they're not good enough for the owner whoever that is, and they're certainly not good enough for the thread poster who I can't speak for, but it's not good enough for the job he's done. But we've had meeting after meeting after meeting. The accountability is not there. These website guys were signed to big contracts because they were the third- and sixth-leading coders in the business over the past five years. They get their money, we expect them to not be outcoded every update. And if they were as good as they've been in the past we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I am sick and tired and listening to bloggers and others talking about Discord, fallout, zroid, or that guy from Finland, pick a guy. We're just too good. The posters deserve more and the owner deserves more. And I share that opinion with the owner, the lurkers deserve better and Leafs fans and Oilers fans aren't getting it done. Until they do we aren't going to be good enough.

January OT better pick it up, and fast.

I felt this in my soul. Calder damn son.

MHpvoUH.jpg

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Five times a day I get a thread update about this place and I just say WTF. The forum updates are fucking horse-shit, I don't know how else to put it. The thread is ok. But lack of a reload button on the bottom of the page and giant purple banner on mobile are terrible.

We are a volume driven forum, and our features aren't getting it done. It's embarrassing, and no one writes it. Write it!

This 'upgrade' features are not good enough. They're not good enough for me, they're not good enough for the owner whoever that is, and they're certainly not good enough for the thread poster who I can't speak for, but it's not good enough for the job he's done. But we've had meeting after meeting after meeting. The accountability is not there. These website guys were signed to big contracts because they were the third- and sixth-leading coders in the business over the past five years. They get their money, we expect them to not be outcoded every update. And if they were as good as they've been in the past we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I am sick and tired and listening to bloggers and others talking about Discord, fallout, zroid, or that guy from Finland, pick a guy. We're just too good. The posters deserve more and the owner deserves more. And I share that opinion with the owner, the lurkers deserve better and Leafs fans and Oilers fans aren't getting it done. Until they do we aren't going to be good enough.

January OT better pick it up, and fast.
Bravo, calder, bravo.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Benn has had so many good looks this season, if he had even a tenth of offensive instincts / skills he would have 4-5 goals right now

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
If nothing, I'm easily baited.

I think Buff plays on the edge a lot and he's a big guy. It makes a lot of his hits seem dirtier and worse than they probably are. I'm generally fine with that kind of play, although I don't particularly care for it. The league has a big problem with concussions that I don't think it's doing enough to address and he's not helping that situation any.

What I'm not fine with is the slash on Gaudreau last night.

Or when he sucker punched Cory Perry when he scored a goal in the playoffs.

Or when he crosschecked JT Miller in the neck.

If you're playing a fast game, shit happens. People get hurt. What gets to me about Byfuglien is that he takes these reactionary shots on players for no goddamn reason other than he seems to be pissed off about something. None of it is reasonable or acceptable. It's got no place in the game. Meanwhile, I don't think the DOPS is doing enough about it. Do I think he deserved a game for that slash? Not really, if you're going to compare it to what a 1 game suspension looks like. Do I think he deserved more than that piddly fine? Absolutely. I don't really think anything will change in that regard, either.
Lets go new fave jets fan and not just cause you're the only sane one on the planet

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
The Panthers are apparently incapable of taking a penalty, even though they keep committing obvious trips

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I would have zero problem paying Mitchell Marner 12 million a year for however long he wants. 5 years, 8, whatever. I might tell Auston's people he might have to take a bit less as the primary goal has to be to re-sign the best players who don't miss games.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Both Panther goals coming from garbage bounces and the Habs have hit 3 posts, hockey is so annoying sometimes.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Elblad goes after Danault? Really? What a bitch. Waits the entire game, and targets one of the cleanest players on our team.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Great road game from the Habs, and that's without Price who has had a pretty great December. Niemi was shaky to start, but really found his game half way through. One really enjoyable thing about watching this team is you never feel like they're out if they're tied late or down a goal, they keep pushing.

Now they're going to get stomped by Tampa tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.