• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Great road game from the Habs, and that's without Price who has had a pretty great December. Niemi was shaky to start, but really found his game half way through. One really enjoyable thing about watching this team is you never feel like they're out if they're tied late or down a goal, they keep pushing.

Now they're going to get stomped by Tampa tomorrow.

Great road game until the last minute, what the fuck was that.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Great road game from the Habs, and that's without Price who has had a pretty great December. Niemi was shaky to start, but really found his game half way through. One really enjoyable thing about watching this team is you never feel like they're out if they're tied late or down a goal, they keep pushing.

Now they're going to get stomped by Tampa tomorrow.

And leafs will lose to the Isles. We can be loser buddies!

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
The Athletic has a profile piece on Marner, and in it, his dad complains that Marner is never mentioned among those who should be named the Leafs captain. I saw someone say that he was worse than Nylander's father in terms of input and influence, so have fun with that negoation Toronto.

Great road game until the last minute, what the fuck was that.
A bit scrambly, but Florida has the 2nd best PP in the league, them having a 6 on 4 and looking dangerous isn't surprising. Habs held Barkov and Huberdeau to 0 SOG, at least until the last 4-5 minutes of the game, shows how well they played those guys.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
The Athletic has a profile piece on Marner, and in it, his dad complains that Marner is never mentioned among those who should be named the Leafs captain. I saw someone say that he was worse than Nylander's father in terms of input and influence, so have fun with that negoation Toronto.

Marner's dad is highkey a control freak I'm pretty sure. Or perceived as one.

🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Has anyone in the Leafs organization thought maybe give Nylander some time in the AHL for awhile before signing his contract?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really liked that Habs game tonight. This team is definitely different from last year, they don't give up until the period ends.

In other years it's like oh they have the lead let's not do anything else this period. Now I can feel the comeback coming in games like tonight.

Deleted member 3968

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Sorry, but that was enough for me.

Going to do better.

You've shown your ass enough. I don't think anyone cares. In fact most seem to actively want you gone. Like I know we're just people on the internet but that can't be a good thing, right?

I'm not too fussed either way. If you came back and said you realise you're sexist and racist and apologised maybe that would help. I don't know man. You always say you're going to do better. Then you ask people to pat you on the back for not taking advantage of your drunk friend. I just don't understand you man.

To each their own I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
"Be better"

Does that mean recognizing the marginalization of black people and the objectification of women in the workplace, and how as privileged white men it is important that we are advocates or at the very least not perpetuating myths? Or does it just mean harbouring the exact same beliefs but being more careful when expressing them?

Not sure if I actually give a shit what the answer is but I do think it should matter to you, Member from Northern Ontario

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Option A

I repent, apologize and will be no trouble. Just want to be part of the salty community again and talk hockey.

I was in the wrong.

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'm glad Babcock bucked his trend and started Sparks tonight. It's easier to say in hindsight after a win, but he made the right call and now Freddie can play tomorrow.

Freddie needs to play less. I'm still not 100% or even close to that in confidence in Sparks, but he does have a good record and battled for the win tonight.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when Wild brass will finally realize that this team is simply not good enough to complete and will make the decision to rebuild? Many contracts are not tradable but many others are and even with reduced values they should be able to get some fairly high draft picks in return.

Build toward the 2020 season when Kaprizov comes over. Tank this season and next in hopes we can get back to back top 5 picks or something. It's the only way we become competitive enough to actually stack up against teams like Winnipeg or Nashville or Colorado.

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder when Wild brass will finally realize that this team is simply not good enough to complete and will make the decision to rebuild? Many contracts are not tradable but many others are and even with reduced values they should be able to get some fairly high draft picks in return.

Build toward the 2020 season when Kaprizov comes over. Tank this season and next in hopes we can get back to back top 5 picks or something. It's the only way we become competitive enough to actually stack up against teams like Winnipeg or Nashville or Colorado.

Maybe a Wild Exec will have a Big rant about Parise and Suter and how they aren't living up to their contract

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a Wild Exec will have a Big rant about Parise and Suter and how they aren't living up to their contract

Honestly those two have been slightly underwhelming but definitely not the low spots this year. Parise has 30 points in 35 games, Suter at 27 in 36. Suter's skating isnt great this year but it is getting better and considering 6 months ago people were not sure if he would ever play again, so he is doing fine.

It is Staal, Koivu, Zucker, Nino, Dubnyk and Coyle all shitting the bed right now. And pretty much everyone outside of Dumba has been disappointing in one way or another, and he will be out the rest of the season.

The owner is best friends with Suter, he would never call him out. But I could definitely see him going on a tirade if Suter raised enough hell about other players. You all make jokes about GM-Eichel, it's basically an open secret here that Suter has more input on team makeup than any other player and might have a better ear for the owner than even Boudreau.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Kroenke will publicly rant about Mackinnon and Rantanen soon

Smh only 4 points between them during this 3 game losing streak

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
why are you all hating on TheBeardedOne?

i'm back so pile on me, i swear i'm worse. ALL my posts are shit. even this one where i pretend to care about a fellow poster so i can bask in the glow of my martyrdom.

ok but seriously yeah how about that Carter Hart, any chance he'll bounce back tonight from the previous game where he kind of sucked? i'd be psyched to see the Flyers get a reliable goalie finally.. i'm kind of nervous for him tonight lol, i REALLY hope the Panthers don't totally light him up, even though Panthers are another underdog team that i like to root for. i hope everyone plays well and it goes to OT and either Giroux or Barkov finish it.

ohh god what a vanilla post.. i just can't find any salt atm. except fuck the Leafs of course.

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hutchinson had every chance to be our number one goalie back in 2016-17 and yet both he and Helle floundered. He was a nice help to us when Pavs was still relevant to us, but he can't seem to find his game anymore. I thought maybe the change of scenery would have helped his career in Florida like it did for Luongo, but I guess not.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Lol soc jinxed me. Chabot and Fredrik Andersen injured on the same day.

First loss this week coming up 😣

Oct 25, 2017
Come for the Pettersson love, stay for the homoeroticism:

Lol soc jinxed me. Chabot and Fredrik Andersen injured on the same day.

First loss this week coming up 😣
381ac7f08778da0a0fc916f6774990cd.gif

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
What's up with Joe Hicketts? I've been surprised to not see him on the blueline during a rebuild in Detroit. I thought he was one of their better prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.