• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Man all the Canadian teams losing tonight. Only reason it won't be a complete sweep is because the remaining two are facing each other.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm finally numb to the Preds blowing these games

Wonder if there's still enough time to tank for a good draft pick
I should have you know that I believe we still have ZERO regulation road wins on the season.

EDIT: Just double-checked. Not only do we have 0 regulation wins, we have 0 overtime wins. The few road wins we have are exclusively shootout wins.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
clapping_bear_by_silverandzuko-d343w2l.gif

Bruins win!

Oct 26, 2017
Now would normally be the time where Poile would pull off some crazy trade to get things going again...except Nashville has basically no resources at this point

So I suppose they'll just lose until they relearn how to score on a consistent basis

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Avs don't win in OT regardless so I'll take the point.

19 & 21

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the Avs should be beating bad teams, every playoff team should be handling these games. Funny thing is if we miss the playoffs Bednar may get canned, which at this rate I'm for, and this team isn't even close to complete anyway. We've got a top line of 3 franchise players, the rest of what we may be missing is a hell of a lot easier to find.

It also doesn't hurt that Winnipeg can't beat terrible teams either, nor can Nashville.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
And meanwhile the Canucks just keep winning. I expect Markstrom to drop off but he's been on quite the run.

This team has been better than expected, or maybe the West has just been disappointing.

Oct 25, 2017
The Sportsnet VAN-CGY highlights were so weirdly biased tonight

Oh well, Canucks win. Fuck Calgary, forever and always

Edit-- lolz

Two weeks ago:

Edmonton Oilers: It's time to give Peter Chiarell some credit

He's baaaaack - Edmonton Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli looking like the resident genius

Since those two articles they have lost 5 in a row, been outscored 25-10 and are 4 points out of a playoff spot.

Goddamn the Edmonton media sucks. The Edmonton Sun article in particular has some wonderful lines, such as championing Chiasson's "league-leading sh%" as if that isn't a good indication that he will eventually slow down, or saying "As the days count down on the final month of 2018, Chiarelli is getting close to the point of restoring public confidence in his ability." with over two weeks left in December and a losing streak to come.

Last edited:

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I want Fenton to trade for Puljujarvi for cheap before Chiarelli is let go and they get somebody smarter in there.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty insane game for the Habs last night, second half of a back to back, Niemi in net both nights and they went punch for punch with Tampa. They outplayed them by a large margin too, Tampa's star power and Niemi shitting the bed in the third sealed it for Tampa. Can't even be mad about a loss like that.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
The Sportsnet VAN-CGY highlights were so weirdly biased tonight

Oh well, Canucks win. Fuck Calgary, forever and always

Edit-- lolz

Two weeks ago:

Edmonton Oilers: It's time to give Peter Chiarell some credit

He's baaaaack - Edmonton Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli looking like the resident genius

Since those two articles they have lost 5 in a row, been outscored 25-10 and are 4 points out of a playoff spot.

Goddamn the Edmonton media sucks. The Edmonton Sun article in particular has some wonderful lines, such as championing Chiasson's "league-leading sh%" as if that isn't a good indication that he will eventually slow down, or saying "As the days count down on the final month of 2018, Chiarelli is getting close to the point of restoring public confidence in his ability." with over two weeks left in December and a losing streak to come.

The Edmonton media has always been a dumpster fire. It's too busy sucking the Oilers middling, sagging teet and anyone that tries to tell them to stop gets demonized to hell and back, even if they're a hometown boy like Andrew Ference.

Status
Not open for further replies.