• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Cake Boss will like this:

Senators owner Eugene Melnyk's popularity takes beating in EKOS survey of 1,000 residents

Asked whether Melnyk has "made an important contribution" to the capital since buying the team, 35 per cent of respondents disagreed, while only 28 per cent agreed.
Almost one-third of respondents — 32 per cent — had "no further interest in supporting the Ottawa Senators as long as Eugene Melnyk is in control."

Of those respondents who identified themselves as hockey fans, nearly 40 per cent said they won't support the Senators while Melnyk is still there — an even more telling statistic, according to Graves.

"The public is souring on Melnyk. He has his supporters but … there's more negativity than positivity," Graves said.
"The fact that such a large number of the fan base says, 'I don't want anything to do with him,' I'm sure it's overstated and it's an expression of frustration and pique, but it's still a pretty shocking number."

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
But but but TSN 1200 and the TGOR boys told me it was just a small vocal minority on Twitter wahhhhhhhhh.

What could be more interesting than those results are who may have paid for that survey. Would be interesting if it was the NHL.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017

The true flow returns.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
The true flow returns.

giphy.gif
Canucks fans respect that Willy has lower-case 'f' flow. However, there is not to be an article (such as 'the') in front of flow, nor should it ever be capitalized or be preceded by adjectives such as 'true' or 'real' indicating some kind of grandfathered authenticity. I hope this is understood.

calder

Oct 25, 2017

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
The site is shit and there are hardly any games today
I'm actually really appreciating some of the bug fixes:
  1. The page no longer jumps around when it's loading on mobile. Used to drive me crazy because it would jump twice, but sometimes I would click a link just before the second jump and miss it.
  2. The alert system seems to function consistently now. Previously, I wouldn't get alerts every time and would start ignoring threads.
  3. The spell check on mobile actually fucking works.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Is everyone moving back to GAF?

ducks

As long as that piece of shit Evilore is running that site, no chance in hell.

I've gotten used to the new changes here, and the admins have listened to the users(like getting rid of that terrible "similar threads" section), I'm liking it more than the old layout now. I still wish there were bottom navigation buttons and a darker purple colour used though.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Is Gaf still a thing or is it on life support? I figured it was presumed dead just seeing how much of the NHL Gaf community moved over, but I guess we are the exception when it comes to this crossover

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Is Gaf still a thing or is it on life support? I figured it was presumed dead just seeing how much of the NHL Gaf community moved over, but I guess we are the exception when it comes to this crossover

Last I heard, it's barely limping along and is now full of alt-righters and neo nazis.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I said that to in an earlier post that didn't show but this site is still acting weird. I'm hoping we get a top 3 pick this year
I just meant that I hate the Ducks so much that I hate seeing them score......except today. My need for a tank is actually outweighing my need to see the Ducks lose.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not a financial wizard and, admittedly, I own zero professional sports franchises so maybe I'm way off here but the Coyotes having a "Debt/Value" of 103% seems not great.
It's definitely bad. They are essentially financing their growth with debt. They are essentially taking on more debt than they can generate cash(via assets mostly if I recall from an intro finance and accounting course I am taking currently), but I need to look at the coyotes financial statements to figure out why they have a high debt/value

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
does anyone remember the name of that leafs fan who used to post on GAF, for a long time with a Jake Gardiner avatar

i was just thinking about him for some reason but couldn't remember his username 🤔

i know this doesn't narrow it down much but everyone used to call him a Forza alt, lol

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
DAY 5, site still looks like shit. Navigation is still shit, purple is still too much on the eyes.

they added HIDE feature tho!!!!

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
according to them we are all 'soyboys' or some shit, been spending some time there since the resetera went down. If anything the contrast between the two sites is an interesting case study on social norms.

Their most popular thread right now is about resetera if that gives you any indication of whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.