• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
8 seconds on the PK before the puck wound up in the net. That took longer than I expected.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

Shaw really has had a turnaround this season, if we're out of the playoff picture by the deadline then maybe they can move him for something decent.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Alright it's time to trade Crow while he still has any value. Holy shit.

And another Seabrook turnover leads to another goal. Get this fucking lazy bum off this team already.

LOL not sure how the hell that wasn't goalie interference

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Is Gaf still a thing or is it on life support? I figured it was presumed dead just seeing how much of the NHL Gaf community moved over, but I guess we are the exception when it comes to this crossover

I decided to take a look and this was like the 5th post in the 3rd most recent thread

b2GxzUJ.png

... yeaaaah

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ

What?..... Was this there before have they invaded an empty space?

Probably a bit of both the current US presidency encouraging people with those sentiments to come out into the public eye and the exodus of... not crazy voices leading to an influx of certain elements.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Probably a bit of both the current US presidency encouraging people with those sentiments to come out into the public eye and the exodus of... not crazy voices leading to an influx of certain elements.
I guess, I also only interact with NHL-Gaf and very briefly browse OT / Gaming topics. I guess this is more of what Bask has commented on. Shit is sad and disgusting.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Hawks lose. :D

6th straight loss and 3-12-2 since the beginning of November. Tank rolls on. :D

Oct 25, 2017
Pettersson is drawing a lot of penalties so it's not like the refs aren't calling it for the most part but goddamn does he get special treatment and sometimes kinda brutal treatment. Hopefully he doesn't get too jacked in the offseason out of a thirst for revenge

I'm curious what people actually think of this hit. I know Flames and Flames fans think it was dirty but Backlund had the puck, Dumba was straight up, his skates stayed on the ice, and Backlund was reaching so his head went lower.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Phew. Thank God Auston was okay after that dirty hit by a dirty player (Niklas Kronwall...who else?). That was scary.

Kronwall also got lucky near the end, when he took down a Leafs player in his own end and held him, because that should've been a penalty in the late third of a tie game.

It wasn't a great game for the Leafs by any means. I'm surprised they got a point out of it. Detroit played well and kept the Leafs' speed in check for a lot of the game and Bernier played relatively well, too. If Sparks hadn't been so poor, maybe it would've been different...if he hadn't of given up one or two of those bad early goals. But it still wasn't a good game.

The Leafs came on in the third, and OT was pretty good...but I had a feeling Detroit would win it and they deserved to. Especially with Sparks in net.

Willie had some moments, but wasn't up to speed. All that matters is that Matthews is okay though.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017

Lmao come on bud

Backlund's head was already at the same height as Dumba's elbows.

Russo already said that Dumba wont be suspended, though the goon the Flames threw out for revenge likely will be, and Giordano might get something for the low hit on Koivu.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Legit new layout hampering my browsing experience and basically making me visit less.

Let me share this post with my wife on WhatsApp though because that's an important feature we all wanted.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
SIGN UP FOR ERA CLEAR takes up more room than the tiny ad I get at the top of the page.

Oct 25, 2017
Even when you enable the top/bottom page buttons in preferences, they are literally at the very bottom right corner, over the stupid era clear banner. Damn near invisible.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they mention ads before launching 2.0? They had that huge write up before the transition that mentioned several features but nothing about ads? I know it was the worst kept secret but it seems like they felt uncomfortable talking about it? Like a restaurant 'updating their menu' so that they can raise prices

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly those small ads don't bother me, sometimes they don't even show up, and I rarely see the top of the page anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
HIGH-STICK.gif

Context: goal was reviewed and counted

Honestly those small ads don't bother me, sometimes they don't even show up, and I rarely see the top of the page anyway.
They don't bother me either. Just commenting on the transparency or lack thereof. But keep in mind: the ads will get bigger over time and possibly more ubiquitous. This was the Rubicon.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I switched off AdBlock Plus to see how bad the ads are, and they seem about on par as NeoGAF's from before. Two banner ads, top and bottom of the page. When you're logged off, there's a bigger ad plastered between the first and second post of each page.

Ultimately, I don't think it's incredibly obtrusive. But I'd imagine more ads would be coming depending on how this place is generating money to keep itself afloat.

Socreges I might be wrong, but I do remember them talking about ads during one of their newsletters or a specific post on Era Clear a while back. That being said, I don't remember ads being mentioned during the 2.0 announcement, but assumed it was a thing anyway.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017

Dumba's hit deemed fine, Flames coach fined, player getting suspended for instigating, Giordano likely suspended for his low hit

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
I switched off AdBlock Plus to see how bad the ads are, and they seem about on par as NeoGAF's from before. Two banner ads, top and bottom of the page. When you're logged off, there's a bigger ad plastered between the first and second post of each page.

Ultimately, I don't think it's incredibly obtrusive. But I'd imagine more ads would be coming depending on how this place is generating money to keep itself afloat.

Socreges I might be wrong, but I do remember them talking about ads during one of their newsletters or a specific post on Era Clear a while back. That being said, I don't remember ads being mentioned during the 2.0 announcement, but assumed it was a thing anyway.

I only have the one at the top, maybe I have Era Clear Lite.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with Cake - the "improvements" are detrimental and making me spend less time here.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Era mobile doesnt work well with my mobile browser, making everything slow and fucking with autocorrect a bunch to the point where I dont want to post, gg era

Status
Not open for further replies.