• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw an article about the Oilers putting too high a price on Puljujarvi so he's unlikely to be moved (which makes sense, I'm sure the Oilers probably aren't 100% sure they want to move him at this point) and it made me realize I have no idea what to expect from Jesse now. He could turn out to be a really good second line winger whose offense doesn't fully materialize in the NHL or he could be a fringe guy who's in Europe in 6 years.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Someone said something about bad righty Ds on the block?

I'm still waiting to never see Barrie again

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it a bad look for someone on live TV to not want a loud alarm going off on someone's cell phone?
Not sure "bad look" is the term I'd use, but these guys are influential and it was a dismissive gesture when thousands of people are watching. AMBER alerts matter, but the attitude around them can be incredibly short-sighted.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure "bad look" is the term I'd use, but these guys are influential and it was a dismissive gesture when thousands of people are watching. AMBER alerts matter, but the attitude around them can be incredibly short-sighted.

Dismissive gesture? How is that different than "bad look"?

Regardless he's hosting a live tv show. He didn't want someone's phone blaring a loud siren that ignores whether your phone is muted or has alerts disabled. His 'attitude' and comment were perfectly fine.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it a bad look for someone on live TV to not want a loud alarm going off on someone's cell phone?

Also, I wonder if that's the same emergency Amber alert I got blaring on my phone late last night. For something that happened 2000 kilometers away. They need to figure that shit out.
It comes off as insensitive and callous. So are you fwiw.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Who do Sens fans want for Stone? I'm curious if the fan base as a whole is looking for picks and young prospects or if they want nhl roster ready guys right now.

Naturally, I consider Cakey the sole voice for the entire fan base.

What I want and what I think we will get is entirely different things.

What I consider a good return for a signed Stone would be:

Vesalainen or Roslovic
Niku
2nd round pick (turns into 1st if you reach finals)
some cap dump

What I think Dorion will get:

Logan Stanley
Samberg
Nic Petan
2020 2nd round pick.
2021 3rd round pick.

What I want for Stone?

Well in a perfect world, give me a signed Stone because no return from the jets is going to develop a player as good as Stone is now, or have as much of an impact in both zones as he does. Plus he's only 26 years old.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly get the feeling that Stone is getting traded right after the game against the Jets on Saturday.

Oct 25, 2017
Dismissive gesture? How is that different than "bad look"?

Regardless he's hosting a live tv show. He didn't want someone's phone blaring a loud siren that ignores whether your phone is muted or has alerts disabled. His 'attitude' and comment were perfectly fine.
Why so obtuse? This is weird. Dismissive gesture is a literal description of what he did. My point is to highlight why his action matters, not treat him as having committed some serious faux pas ("bad look"). I'm not interested in condemning him.

And I didn't comment on his attitude. I commented on the attitude around AMBER alerts generally. His action made perfect sense in context but it can exacerbate an existing issue.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I just saw an article about the Oilers putting too high a price on Puljujarvi so he's unlikely to be moved (which makes sense, I'm sure the Oilers probably aren't 100% sure they want to move him at this point) and it made me realize I have no idea what to expect from Jesse now. He could turn out to be a really good second line winger whose offense doesn't fully materialize in the NHL or he could be a fringe guy who's in Europe in 6 years.
I'll bet fringe guy.
It was a red flag when he wasn't picked 3rd at the draft. How everybody in the league ranked him so high is a mystery to me. At least Columbus was smart enough to pass on him.
The chance to play with McDavid was a huge opportunity, but he just looks awkward out there and hasn't adapted to the NHL at all.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Why so obtuse? This is weird. Dismissive gesture is a literal description of what he did. My point is to highlight why his action matters, not treat him as having committed some serious faux pas ("bad look"). I'm not interested in condemning him.

And I didn't comment on his attitude. I commented on the attitude around AMBER alerts generally. His action made perfect sense in context but it can exacerbate an existing issue.

Ah that actually does help explain it to me, thanks.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll bet fringe guy.
It was a red flag when he wasn't picked 3rd at the draft. How everybody in the league ranked him so high is a mystery to me. At least Columbus was smart enough to pass on him.
The chance to play with McDavid was a huge opportunity, but he just looks awkward out there and hasn't adapted to the NHL at all.
The wjc factor

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Vesey-Hayes-Buchnevich
Nametsnikov-Strome-Fast
Brickley-Nieves

Skjei-McQuaid
Staal-Pionk
Smith-Shattenkirk
DeAngelo

Georgiev

calder

Oct 25, 2017
So many Stone to Jets articles all over I assume it won't happen. It's 90% writers just assuming the fit is "perfect" I'm starting to think.

I am shocked at the number of fans who say no deal if it involves Niku, even accepting that every fan base grossly overrates their teams prospects. I love the guy but he's a 7th rounder who Maurice doesn't fully trust for some reason, I'd make him the center piece in basically any deal without hesitation. I draw the line at Roslovic though.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
So many Stone to Jets articles all over I assume it won't happen. It's 90% writers just assuming the fit is "perfect" I'm starting to think.

I am shocked at the number of fans who say no deal if it involves Niku, even accepting that every fan base grossly overrates their teams prospects. I love the guy but he's a 7th rounder who Maurice doesn't fully trust for some reason, I'd make him the center piece in basically any deal without hesitation. I draw the line at Roslovic though.

A Stones a Stone but a Roslovic could be anything.

It could even be a Stone!

M22uvUi.jpg

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
So long as the cursed entity that is Matt Duchene doesn't come our way, I'm fine with whoever we get from Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.