• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah McAvoy! Bruins win!

giphy.gif

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Hawks pass the Canucks :D

Wheeler's got his mid-season rankings up on the Athletic

Screenshot-20190218-210152-01.jpg

Ondor Krebs!

I think I'd be happy with any player in the top ten and would be fine with Kaliyev or Podkolzin if we fall outside of it. A dman would be nice but York seems like Hughes-lite and I can't see Byram being around when the Canucks are picking.
I knew Krebs was good! Nice to see someone has him so high. Agreed on being happy with any of these ten plus Kaliyev and Podkolzin. Kaliyev feels more like a guy you take with a second first rounder though. I'm hoping Turcotte is still available when we pick. I really like him.

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Hawks pass the Canucks :D

Wheeler's got his mid-season rankings up on the Athletic

Screenshot-20190218-210152-01.jpg

Ondor Krebs!

I think I'd be happy with any player in the top ten and would be fine with Kaliyev or Podkolzin if we fall outside of it. A dman would be nice but York seems like Hughes-lite and I can't see Byram being around when the Canucks are picking.

That's a lot of WHL in the top 10.

Not sure I trust their ability to develop offensive threats still.

Deleted member 23091

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping that the Kings would still make the playoffs, doesn't seem like it`s going to happen now. Teams should try trading for Tyle Toffoli. A few weeks ago, people were talking about a Leafs Vs Habs match-up in the playoffs, I don`t think the latter will make it.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of WHL in the top 10.

Not sure I trust their ability to develop offensive threats still.
Is that a low-key troll, lam?

Because it worked

Decent success rate in recent history, except for dmen in the top ten half the time (might also be a league-wide thing and why drafting D in the top ten is seen as voodoo). Some later-round picks like Brayden Point going in the 3rd round was a size thing but possibly also a WHL thing

Oct 26, 2017

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Canucks are looking at Marcus Johansson and Andre Burakovsky. I will be stunned if one of them doesn't wind up on the roster this season.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's crazy how Ed Belfour being traded to Nashville for a day or thereabouts, before he signed with the Leafs, led to Nashville getting the 2nd rounder they used for Weber.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Why haven't trades happened yet? I want tradesssss. Not by the Avs mind you I don't expect much from them.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Niedermayer, Seguin, Rask, Grundstrom if you believe Dopey. The Leafs trade tree bears a lot of rotten fruit.

It was because of a CBA loophole that awarded teams 2nd, 3rd, etc. picks if they lost UFAs. So teams would trade pending UFAs to another team, get a pick, then when that new team lost the player to signing elsewhere they would get an even better pick.

This was just before Eddie became a Leaf

lamaroo

Oct 25, 2017
Is that a low-key troll, lam?

Because it worked

Decent success rate in recent history, except for dmen in the top ten half the time (might also be a league-wide thing and why drafting D in the top ten is seen as voodoo). Some later-round picks like Brayden Point going in the 3rd round was a size thing but possibly also a WHL thing

Seems better than I remember.

I do remember reading an article from a few years ago about offense from the WHL not carrying over to the NHL as well as the OHL and QMJHL seem to provide.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
According to SN, a winger for Horvat is the Canucks' top priority this TDL. Sounds like a Marcus Johansson acquisition to me.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Vesey-Hayes-Buchnevich
Namestnikov-Strome-Fast
Brickley-Nieves-Chytil

Skjei-McQuaid
Staal-DeAngelo
Smith-Shattenkirk

Lundqvist

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So Stone is waiting to see how badly Dorion fucks up in the Duchene and Dzingel trades before he decides if he wants to stay or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.