• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Duchene to Columbus... makes a lot of sense? Bit of a swerve but hopefully if it happens Ottawa gets a good haul for him.

I really wish these jerks would wait for Monday though, I'm going to be bored sitting at home watching 3 channels of nothing all day!
Sitting at home watching trade deadline tv was your first mistake.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
If CBJ is able to get a lot for Panarin and re-sign Duchene long term that would be pretty much ideal for them considering their situation right?

(I like how this thread is mostly just peeps who work for gov't scouring Twitter and chatting about NHL trades on a friday morning)
Im at work. Im just not doing any actual work.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
WTF would ppl stay at home to watch like 10 hours of idiots talking about nothing?

meanwhile, there's like 3 worthy trades the whole day - which you find out on twitter or forums because TV even reports it

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's time to trade for a reliable defenceman.

I used to watch most of TradeCentre but not this year (or last even). It's incredibly boring. I'll go to class and hope for good trades to pop up.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to trade for a reliable defenceman.

I used to watch most of TradeCentre but not this year. It's incredibly boring.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did the stay home for trade deadline thing once cause I think I was out of work at the time and it was such a waste of a day.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
"Teleworking" son!!

👨‍💻

The dream! I have a job with a videoconferencing department that would be 100% doable from home *easily* but will never get the chance because of "optics" per our managers who have themselves all worked from home. Also everyone knows I live a km away from work and it takes me 5-10 minutes to get here by bus and like 15 to walk.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
We all know Tampa Bay is winning it all anyway.. no point in killing the cap even more. lol.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but if you have a better idea of how your tax dollars should be spent then I'd like to hear it.

For me personally, this is more *like* work than what I normally do at work, which is passively read reddit. At least with all these trades I'm typing furiously and alt-tabbing between programs, my neighbor in the next cubicle must think I'm going nuts on work shit right now!

Im at work. Im just not doing any actual work.

Yes and yes. But that's most days for me tbh.

WTF would ppl stay at home to watch like 10 hours of idiots talking about nothing?

meanwhile, there's like 3 worthy trades the whole day - which you find out on twitter or forums because TV even reports it
I did the stay home for trade deadline thing once cause I think I was out of work at the time and it was such a waste of a day.

I take trade deadline and free agent day off work to sit at home and watch TSN. For me the question isn't whether or not the 'action' will be worth watching but whether sitting on the couch listening to James Duthie kill time is better than going to work. The answer is always 'hell yes'.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Jackets keep Panarin and just go for it this year. Trade Bob though, no sense keeping him around.

I can't wait to find out how many pieces the Sens get in their press release!

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
LOOOOOL THAT TRADE IS TRASHHHHH

MORION FLEECED AGAIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WE COULDNT EVEN GET FOUDY AHHHHHHHH

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's not a bad deal for a guy who was walking away for nothing in a couple months.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Now I want to know if the 1st rounders are unprotected. Limbus currently out of yoffs and they could be losing Panarin and Bob, while also having the Duchene factor. We could be looking at another lottery pick next year.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
11s
The first RD pick is 2019. The conditional 1st RD pick is 2020

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
So the 2020 pick is unprotected?

So we can get that pick by Duchene resigning and Bob and Panarin leaving, that could be interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
From Pronman back in August FWIW:

LEGIT NHL PROSPECT

3. Vitaly Abramov, LW, Victoriaville-QMJHL

For the third straight season, Abramov was a top player in the QMJHL, although he didn't have a great world juniors. The former QMJHL MVP has a ton of skill. He makes highly skilled dekes at a fast pace and does so consistently. Abramov is also a quality goal-scorer, who can score from mid-range and isn't afraid to get to the dirty areas. He's also a top-level playmaker who makes unique plays. His warts are that he's small, not a real speedster, which isn't ideal at his height. He has a decent work ethic and energy level, but his game off the puck will be a major question as he turns pro.

HAVE A CHANCE

6. Jonathan Davidsson, RW, Djurgarden-SHL

Davidsson was a favorite of mine from back in his early amateur days and has since developed into a solid pro. He does a lot of things well. Davidsson is skilled, makes plays and has good speed. Despite being a smaller player, I've seen him over the years be a decent penalty killer and I like his work ethic. I think despite offense and skill being his calling card, there are reasonable questions if he has the dynamic traits at his size to be a legitimate NHLer. He's trending well, though, and has put himself in the conversation.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for getting Duchene off the market quickly, Sens. Kevin Hayes now goes to the top of the list of available centers. :)

calder

Oct 25, 2017
What kills me is Muzzin was exactly what the Jets needed a month ago, not a forward. A second pair LD would have been *perfect* ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.