• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
The Preds actually beat a team that they're supposed to beat. While looking like crap in the end, of course.

Preds are now at the top of the garbage pile.

Jets have 3 games in hand though.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Stars win!

tumblr_nqk71f94nc1upe1ufo1_540.gif

The ShitStars snap the Bloos' 11-game win streak.

571d5f7c295da5627eafa67adb3716d6fc86e624_hq.gif

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the game on delay, happy to see BGally finally get a hat trick. He's definitely worked on his shot in the off season, he's scoring a lot more goals than he ever did from 20-30 feet from the net.

I forget who it was that was pumping Tatar's tires when he got traded, but he's at 20 goals and 25 assists in 60 games right now, pretty big win for Bergevin there.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
Leafs have been so frustrating to watch in the last 4-5 games. Gliding 90%of the time, trying to comeback in the 3rd. Maybe if they'd start playing the fucking game on time. I'm really up to the point that they don't deserve playoffs. Put some effort into it. Supposed to be a fast team but it only shows in the last 10mins of the 3rd.

Nylander has been hands down the best player on the team overall in these games.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
Penguins with another embarrassing shitshow loss. This team can't win, and I don't even know what the problem is. On paper there is a ton of talent, with the same core, but they can't play a team game to save their lives. I don't even know who to trade for at this point. Though dumping Jack "Pylon" Johnson would help.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
idk, there were a lot of missed chances and errors. Muzzin airmails that to Brown a little better that's a good chance. Hyman hits that pass in the slot it's in. Hyman doesn't leave Ovi as open in his office that's a much lower percentage shot on the Caps PP. Easily identifable mistakes that can be corrected.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
idk, there were a lot of missed chances and errors. Muzzin airmails that to Brown a little better that's a good chance. Hyman hits that pass in the slot it's in. Hyman doesn't leave Ovi as open in his office that's a much lower percentage shot on the Caps PP. Easily identifable mistakes that can be corrected.

Yea that was just the Leafs still trying to gel against a team that just won the cup. Still have plenty of time to get it together.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017

Little errors are fine.. I just hate the fact that they're not moving their feet anymore. You can see spurts of it at times.. but it needs to be more than like a total of 15mins a game.

Brown hasn't be playing as he should since game 1 unfortunately.. I used to really like his work ethic last year. I think he could be a good trade bait for something like him but with a little more physicality for 4th line... Gauthier and Lindholm in my mind are useless and are playing too much. They were good with Johnsson --- he was obviously driving that line.

I'm glad Babcock finally put Marleau on the 3rd line. The Johnsson effect with Matthews showed after that line change.

Unfortunately, Nylander was playing pretty much alone with Marleau and Brown on his line --- he was playing damn good with Johnsson in the 1st period. Wouldn't mind seeing a Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander line once Kadri comes back

Syrinx

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of trade targets, Buffalo has kinda faded out of the playoff picture so I wonder if they'll trade Skinner or try to extend him. They still have a shot at the playoffs but they seem quite cold lately.

I hope he doesn't get traded since the return Buffalo will get will absolutely shit all over what they gave us for him.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

FUCCKKKK OFFF

leave the kids down as they are chasing a playoff spot playing meaningful games instead of the shit show here.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
Speaking of trade targets, Buffalo has kinda faded out of the playoff picture so I wonder if they'll trade Skinner or try to extend him. They still have a shot at the playoffs but they seem quite cold lately.

I hope he doesn't get traded since the return Buffalo will get will absolutely shit all over what they gave us for him.

He's a solid part of a core. And teams need to keep that together to be successful. It would be smart to keep him.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
don't you guys actually need players tho? like physically someone be in the lineup for the time being.

Yeah that's why they should be picking up guys from waivers and marginal AHLers to take those spots instead of the top prospects who are dragging that AHL team to the playoffs.

Now instead of just destroying one team, they are killing 2 teams.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
McKenzie saying now that he's heard the Habs are in on Duchene. Again, no idea what they would have to offer here or compete with teams like Nashville or Columbus.

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently something broke down between the Preds and Duchene? That's what HFBoards is talking about.

Preds don't have a massive need for Duchene anyway, they should be in on Stone or nobody.

Poile doesn't believe in NTCs (Rinne is the only Pred with one), so that's going to be an obstacle with a sign-and-trade for anyone notable. Possibly the holdup here.

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Leafs have been so frustrating to watch in the last 4-5 games. Gliding 90%of the time, trying to comeback in the 3rd. Maybe if they'd start playing the fucking game on time. I'm really up to the point that they don't deserve playoffs. Put some effort into it. Supposed to be a fast team but it only shows in the last 10mins of the 3rd.

Nylander has been hands down the best player on the team overall in these games.

Yep

The Leafs have been doing this for years though. Floating and not starting on time. It's been very frustrating, and if it keeps up they won't win anything.

at this rate, Leafs will be in the wilcards so it wouldn't be the Leafs.. lol

This

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Duchene to Columbus... makes a lot of sense? Bit of a swerve but hopefully if it happens Ottawa gets a good haul for him.

I really wish these jerks would wait for Monday though, I'm going to be bored sitting at home watching 3 channels of nothing all day!

calder

Oct 25, 2017

If CBJ is able to get a lot for Panarin and re-sign Duchene long term that would be pretty much ideal for them considering their situation right?

(I like how this thread is mostly just peeps who work for gov't scouring Twitter and chatting about NHL trades on a friday morning)

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

If CBJ is able to get a lot for Panarin and re-sign Duchene long term that would be pretty much ideal for them considering their situation right?

(I like how this thread is mostly just peeps who work for gov't scouring Twitter and chatting about NHL trades on a friday morning)

"Teleworking" son!!

👨‍💻

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry, but if you have a better idea of how your tax dollars should be spent then I'd like to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.