• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I bet it's hard to find coaches that want to live in Winnipeg. World class food trucks can only take you so far.

MikeRahl

Oct 27, 2017
What is the penalty on those super long contracts again?

You get a cap recapture charge based on the amount of AAV that was saved vs how much was paid out.

Alot of these contracts were structured such that the vast majority of the money was paid on the front end of the contract, and the last few seasons were more or less the league minimum where the player could retire off into the sunset and effectively leave almost no money on the table. So a 10 year, 100 million contract would $10mil AAV, but if the player retired after say 7 years, they might only leave $3mil on the table and the team would get that money back, so it is effectively a 7/97 but the team saves close to 4 mil a year against the cap

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know if I'll watch the game. Location is cool, but everything else about it is not. Why the Kings? Why those fucking awful jerseys?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Frankie's pads are cool at least, but that's the only nice thing I can say about these uniforms.

I don't even know if I'll watch the game. Location is cool, but everything else about it is not. Why the Kings? Why those fucking awful jerseys?

I ask myself this everyday.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Dan Murphy
@sportsnetmurph
For the record the #Canucks requested the #Blackhawks be in the building on Sedin jersey retirement night. Felt it was the most fitting opponent.

Also, Duncan Keith is currently sitting at 99 goals, 499 assists, and 598 points

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a stream to watch the Sedin jersey retirement? Don't wanna miss it.

edit: nvm found one

Last edited:

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy stat: Pastrnak is the first player to have two hat tricks against the Canadiens in a single season since Gordie Howe in 1951-52

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't mind another 8+ game losing streak for the Habs.
They need to make up ground on the draft lottery.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
45 minutes for the pre-game ceremony? What were they doing....debating which Sedin is uglier?

Status
Not open for further replies.