• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sPLCX65.gif

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
j5jCgao.png

The New York Rangers are 2 points out of a playoff spot with 3 games in hand and a huge lead in the regulation wins tiebreaker.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
This has been the most disinterested and distant I have been to a Habs season, possibly ever. I can't remember missing as many games as I have this season, and I could catch more, I just have 0 incentive because I know they'll likely lose, and Suzuki is on track and that's it. What a season, the off season will really need to be special or I feel Molson is going to feel the crunch financially.
Tatar ties his career high in points (set last year) with 58 in 66 games. Wonder if he could hit 70. One of the better trade thrown ins in recent memory. Bergevin is an idiot for not selling high at the deadline.
This has been one of the worst decisions Bergevin has made in his entire tenure, think of the kings ransom they could have gotten for him when guys like Pageau and Barclay are going for first round picks? It will take me a while to get over this and I love Tatar, but come the fuck on.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Double post but it's about time for a fubar ramble. Fiala scored another goal, dude is amazing. Let's go.

For all our Galchenyuk fans here - he was held without a point in his first three games, but has four points in five games coming into tonight's contest against the Jackets. Playing noticeably better and has looked pretty decent as a center. I still don't think they're going to sign him, but it's not the impossible thought it initially was when he was brought in.

News on Parise's trade, Russo basically put it out there what it was. Ladd + 1st rounder for Parise + retained money. The Islanders had a player hurt the day before the deadline (Brassard, I believe?) and they had to switch gears to look for a center rather than a wing. That lead them to go for Pageau (giving away the 1st round pick). That subsequent contract meant that they went to teh Wild and asked for the Wild to retain more money than originally planned, and changing the asset to Kieffer Bellows. The Wild ended up cancelling the deal at that point. The intention, for the Wild, was to then buyout Ladd and have capspace at that point. Even retaining the assumed 1m for Parise and the buyout cost for Ladd, they'd save more than 3m a year on the deal. That's fairly substantial. Parise apparently only wants to play for Minnesota, but if he is to get traded it is only to the Islanders and nowhere else.

Going into next season, the Wild are assuredly losing Koivu to retirement. Reading the tea leaves, I am 95% certain that one or both of Dumba or Brodin will be traded away for center help. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was one of those guys + Eriksson Ek for a top 6 guy. Eriksson Ek, for anyone who doesn't know, is the absolute perfect 3rd line center at the age of 23. Defensively responsible, decent in the faceoff circle, agitates and draws penalties nearly every period, and is likely going to end the season around 35 points. He'll tickle 45-50 points at his peak and will play 15 years in the NHL.

Gun to my head right now, I do believe the Wild are going to push hard for Nylander from Toronto with a trade like what I just said, either Dumba or Brodin + Eriksson Ek. Russo has said his name way too much in recent weeks for it to not be real interest and likely from both sides. If that trade doesn't go through, they're going to sign a guy like Grigorenko in free agency and hitch their bets to him reviving his NHL career.

I do think they'll trade Parise to the Islanders. Not sure what the package would be, but probably Ladd + a prospect or 2021 1st rounder. They're potentially going to look at buying out Victor Rask, Devin Dubnyk, and if they get Ladd, then him too. Which is crazy to see. If I'd guess, they buyout Dubnyk and Ladd if they get him. They'll keep Rask as the anchor on the fourth line that, while terrible, doesn't break the bank yet.

Going into next season, if they get Nylander they will play him as the #1 center - for better or worse, I understand he almost exclusively plays wing right now - or the new guy Grigorenko and then go into next season with:

Kaprizov - Nylander/Grigorenko - Fiala
Donato - Staal - Zuccarello
Greenway - Sturm - Kunin
Foligno - Rask - Hartman

Suter - Spurgeon
Soucy - Brodin/Dumba
whogivesafuck - nobodycares

Kahkonen
Stalock

Regardless of these recent wins, this season is a lost cause. They're not going to beat any teams in the playoffs and this upcoming 10-15 game stretch where they'll rattle off a 75% win/loss ratio is going to do nothing to help them long term. Typical Wild.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
"Hughes is the 16th rookie defenseman in NHL history to record 50 points in a season and is now 17 helpers away from setting the all-time league mark of 60, set by Larry Murphy in the 1980-81 season. Murphy also holds the record for most points by a rookie defenceman in NHL history with 76.

If Hughes continues his incredible play, his next record will be most points by a rookie defenceman in Canucks history, which currently sits at 56 points from the 1970-71 season. [held by Dave Tallon]"

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ideas for the Next OT Title? I think we'll do one more month of this then we'll make a offseason and playoffs thread.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Listening to the Sabres/Coyotes game and that arena sounds lively. Didn't know people went to games there... good for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.