• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
"I do think the Canucks 2019 first-round pick could get [an NHL ready defence prospect] and there is lots of speculation if it's not in the top 10, Vancouver would consider moving it."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Soc gets his wish and Petey will be back on Friday.

With MDZ gone, Canucks have only one UFA this summer: Edler.

Oct 25, 2017

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the MDZ trade was to free up a spot for Petey, but now it looks like Horvat was hurt last night and Kero was recalled.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the MDZ trade was to free up a spot for Petey, but now it looks like Horvat was hurt last night and Kero was recalled.
Ahh OK I did wonder if that was the case (another forward injured). Bo looked great in the OT, so I'd guess it's just a knock.

Also... What was your Petey source?

End of Botchford's Athletties.
Ah, hadn't read yet

In tangentially related Canucks news, Sens prospect Josh Norris is out for the remainder of the season. Not sure what the injury is. This is bad for an already struggling Michigan State, but good for anyone who really wants Quinn Hughes to sign in March.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh OK I did wonder if that was the case (another forward injured). Bo looked great in the OT, so I'd guess it's just a knock.

Also... What was your Petey source?

Ah, hadn't read yet

In tangentially related Canucks news, Sens prospect Josh Norris is out for the remainder of the season. Not sure what the injury is. This is bad for an already struggling Michigan State, but good for anyone who really wants Quinn Hughes to sign in March.

My source was me jumping to conclusions when I saw "MDZ free roster spot" and "Petey on IR" in the same sentence.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
I actually... don't want him to sign in March? He'll wreck our draft position and if he plays enough games we have to protect him from Seattle.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Reading bullshit trade pieces on other team blogs is always a hoot for a few seconds but then you get annoyed, like reading the comments on a local news story.

"Jets Could Make a Simmonds Trade Work"
Uh, why? I like Simmonds a lot despite his being hot garbage this year, but the last thing the Jets need is a winger (if his name isn't Mark Stone I guess) and they definitely don't need a right shooting one.
It's tough to pick out one specific player that the Jets would be willing to part ways with," Mastrogiovanni said. "However, personally I'd say Ehlers, Connor, and Little would be good returns for Philadelphia along with a possible mid-range/high-range draft pick. At this point, I think the Flyers need to add more depth scoring, as well as (add) a near top-tier goalie as a good mentor and tandem partner to Carter Hart, as we could see a lot more of him down the road."

Oh Ehlers and a mid/high pick would be enough to pick up a 30 year old winger with 22 points? Good to know.
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
My source was me jumping to conclusions when I saw "MDZ free roster spot" and "Petey on IR" in the same sentence.
Yeah I made the same inference above. Here's hoping.
I actually... don't want him to sign in March? He'll wreck our draft position and if he plays enough games we have to protect him from Seattle.
You're not alone. It wouldn't be ideal for Canucks long term roster/cap situation, but they may feel they need to in order to ensure he signs. In fact, they may have already negotiated something like this which is why they were reportedly interesting in signing him as early as January.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Reading bullshit trade pieces on other team blogs is always a hoot for a few seconds but then you get annoyed, like reading the comments on a local news story.

"Jets Could Make a Simmonds Trade Work"
Uh, why? I like Simmonds a lot despite his being hot garbage this year, but the last thing the Jets need is a winger (if his name isn't Mark Stone I guess) and they definitely don't need a right shooting one.

Oh Ehlers and a mid/high pick would be enough to pick up a 30 year old winger with 22 points? Good to know.
tenor.gif

Ehlers + 1st for Duchene :)

Oct 25, 2017
Ondor

Some good news. If Hughes plays no earlier than March 18, he could only play 10 games at most which would make him exempt from the expansion draft. If he plays at least 11 games, though, they'd have to protect him.

Michigan could be eliminated as early as March 13, so there's some risk.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I made the same inference above. Here's hoping.
You're not alone. It wouldn't be ideal for Canucks long term roster/cap situation, but they may feel they need to in order to ensure he signs. In fact, they may have already negotiated something like this which is why they were reportedly interesting in signing him as early as January.
Is there a worry that he won't sign? By all accounts it seems he wants to play here. The January signing is still baffling to me.

Some good news. If Hughes plays no earlier than March 18, he could only play 10 games at most which would make him exempt from the expansion draft. If he plays at least 11 games, though, they'd have to protect him.

Michigan could be eliminated as early as March 13, so there's some risk.
That's really close. Won't help the cap situation but it would be nice to save an extra slot. I feel like Benning's asset management has been improving so here's to hoping they don't fuck it up.

And no playoffs because that would truly ruin things.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a worry that he won't sign? By all accounts it seems he wants to play here. The January signing is still baffling to me.
I don't think there's a genuine worry. But it's the new precedent with good college prospects and the Hughes camp may be offended if he doesn't get the same treatment. Just speculating here.

That's really close. Won't help the cap situation but it would be nice to save an extra slot. I feel like Benning's asset management has been improving so here's to hoping they don't fuck it up.

And no playoffs because that would truly ruin things.
Local media will shit bricks of they bring him in one or three games too early. Hopefully they don't fuck up something that should be so easy to do properly. They've definitely been more 'shrewd' lately with their asset management, but I still worry.

Oct 26, 2017

I've got a bad feeling about this

Preds really aren't in a good position to make deadline trades, but Poile won't be stopped I guess

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
Searched for 10 seconds and ddin't see it on here, but the Pens dumped Derek Grant on the Ducks for John Blandisi.. wait Joe Blendso... Drew Bledsoe?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Ehlers + 1st for Duchene :)

Duchene is probably exactly what the Jets really need tbh. Left shot center to take over the second line? Pending UFA? Damn that would fit in great.

Lebrun:
Asking price for Jake Muzzin

There's no guarantee the Kings will move Jake Muzzin but they're certainly in listening mode. And the asking price I'm told right now for the talented top-four blueliner is a first-round pick plus a prospect.

It's a high price but it should be. The 29-year-old is a top-notch defenseman and he's signed for another season next year at a reasonable $4-million cap hit.

I think contending teams are hoping that the price lowers closer to Feb. 25. But keep in mind, the Kings don't have the move the guy. They like him, too.

I have a question for Rob Blake - do you consider Logan Stanley to be a "prospect"? No no don't open up eliteprospects or anything, just look at his height and remember he's a first round pick.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Duchene is probably exactly what the Jets really need tbh. Left shot center to take over the second line? Pending UFA? Damn that would fit in great.

Lebrun:

I have a question for Rob Blake - do you consider Logan Stanley to be a "prospect"? No no don't open up eliteprospects or anything, just look at his height and remember he's a first round pick.

A first is pretty highly but maybe Montreal should look at it

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

Lebrun:

Lol Bruce garricock indicated the price for Duchene is likely 1st rounder plus grade A prospect and a middling prospect or player.

So Morion likely sees Stanley as a top prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.