• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The only other option would of been MacT

the bigger question...Is how fast they hire someone. Do they get someone before the trade deadline. Given how crappy the west is, the Oil are still within striking distance of a playoff spot.
They really aren't in striking distance. They'd need to jump over 4 teams, three of which have the tiebreaker over them. They'll need a ton of help to make it.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
The current problem is the oilers wilt under any pressure even though they are a bit better this year and don't do that as often. They don't have people mcdavid that give it their all most of the time besides my drai, nuge and to a lesser extent chaisson and kassian.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Good thing the West specializes in imploding.
To tell you the truth the ducks are going to continue to struggle, the canucks and coyotes might end up having a strong or weak end to the season,the wild might stay in a playoff spot and the same is true with colorado and maybe dallas, st.louis will miss the playoffs.

If I were to rank the pacific right now I would say the ranks would be something like this.
1. Flames
2. Sharks
3. Vegas Golden Knights
4. Canucks
5. Coyotes
6. Oilers
7. Ducks
8. Kings.

The ducks and kings are a few points away from each other in the standings while the oilers, coyotes and canucks are 1-3 points apart from each other at the end of the season.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
TiredHatefulJaeger-size_restricted.gif
Welcome back. 😄

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
To tell you the truth the ducks are going to continue to struggle, the canucks and coyotes might end up having a strong or weak end to the season,the wild might stay in a playoff spot and the same is true with colorado and maybe dallas, st.louis will miss the playoffs.

If I were to rank the pacific right now I would say the ranks would be something like this.
1. Flames
2. Sharks
3. Vegas Golden Knights
4. Canucks
5. Coyotes
6. Oilers
7. Ducks
8. Kings.

The ducks and kings are a few points away from each other in the standings while the oilers, coyotes and canucks are 1-3 points apart from each other at the end of the season.
The West is so volatile I have no idea what's going to happen. I'd bet that the Central still winds up taking the two wild cards but who knows. I think you're right in that the top three seeds in the Pacific are locks.

Oct 25, 2017

1. Flames
2. Sharks
3. Vegas Golden Knights
4. Canucks
5. Coyotes
6. Oilers
7. Ducks
8. Kings.

Leaning on goal difference?

I don't really know what will happen with those two wild card spots, but I do expect Central teams to hold on to them. Maybe STL makes a run. My hope is that the Canucks tank but that looks increasingly unlikely. We need Markstrom to return to form (ie, average) after the ASB and maybe another scourge of injuries. Otherwise I'm convinced we'll land around the 9-11 spot since Green seems to know how to keep them above water despite being out shot and outplayed.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Leaning on goal difference?

I don't really know what will happen with those two wild card spots, but I do expect Central teams to hold on to them. Maybe STL makes a run. My hope is that the Canucks tank but that looks increasingly unlikely. We need Markstrom to return to form (ie, average) after the ASB and maybe another scourge of injuries. Otherwise I'm convinced we'll land around the 9-11 spot since Green seems to know how to keep them above water despite being out shot and outplayed.
Um. No. Basing this a bit on studying some of the teams like the ducks this season along with playoff predictions. My prediction at the moment is that the ducks have a less than 20% chance of making the playoffs along with possibly the oilers. The canucks have around a 40% chance of making the playoffs and I don't know what will happen with the coyotes.Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too soon to mock the Oilers for hiring Keith Gretzky?

Wayne Gretzky becomes minority owner of the Coyotes (2000)
Keith Gretzky hired as amateur scout for Coyotes (2001)
Wayne Gretzky becomes coach of Coyotes while still owner (2005)
Keith Gretzky becomes director of amateur scouting (2006)
Wayne Gretzky becomes partner and VC with Oilers (2016)
Keith Gretzky becomes Assistant GM of Oilers (2016)

The nepotism is strong with this one. No surprise that the guy has zero education or management experience. He could be a hockey savant for all I know and make a very good GM, but something tells me he didn't get to this point because of his natural abilities.

Um. No. Basing this a bit on studying some of the teams like the ducks this season along with playoff predictions. My prediction at the moment is that the ducks have a less than 20% chance of making the playoffs along with possibly the oilers. The canucks have around a 40% chance of making the playoffs and I don't know what will happen with the coyotes.Lol
Um. OK. Just a strong correlation then. Keep it up.

Last edited:

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Is it too soon to mock the Oilers for hiring Keith Gretzky?

Wayne Gretzky becomes minority owner of the Coyotes (2000)
Keith Gretzky hired as amateur scout for Coyotes (2001)
Wayne Gretzky becomes coach of Coyotes while still owner (2005)
Keith Gretzky becomes director of amateur scouting (2006)
Wayne Gretzky becomes partner and VC with Oilers (2016)
Keith Gretzky becomes Assistant GM of Oilers (2016)

The nepotism is strong with this one. No surprise that the guy has zero education or management experience. He could be a hockey savant for all I know and make a very good GM, but something tells me he didn't get to this point because of his natural abilities.

Um. OK. Just a strong correlation then. Keep it up.
In the ducks and to a lesser extent the oilers case it's also their low amount of shots per game. that will likely result in them ending up in the 6th to 8th range in the pacific

Oct 25, 2017
In the ducks and to a lesser extent the oilers case it's also their low amount of shots per game. that will likely result in them ending up in the 6th to 8th range in the pacific
The Canucks are right even with the Oilers in S/GP and have a higher PDO which makes them more likely, in that view, to regress.

You can analyze probabilities as much as you'd like and it can be interesting but ultimately over the remaining 32 games luck and other variables we can't yet account for (buying or selling, injuries, etc) will have a much greater impact on where teams actually land.

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
The Canucks are right even with the Oilers in S/GP and have a higher PDO which makes them more likely, in that view, to regress.

You can analyze probabilities as much as you'd like and it can be interesting but ultimately over the remaining 32 games luck and other variables we can't yet account for (buying or selling, injuries, etc) will have a much greater impact on where teams actually land.
The coyotes and canucks are definitely the trickest to predict at the moment. The coyotes seems to be doing well despite all of their injured players and who knows what happens with the canucks. My gut feeling at the moment is that the ducks and kings end up in 7th or 8th in the pacific with a chance of the ducks ending up in 6th if they are lucky.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Benning did an interview this evening on radio. I wrote it out in Discord but here are the juicy tidbits for convenience.

-Benning's TDL plans won't change regardless of position in standings.
-Not trading away draft picks (made no mention of acquiring any either).
-Hasn't talked to Edler and doesn't sound like there's a plan with him.
-Not opposed to making a hockey trade with a young guy (won't be a prospect) but only if it makes sense.
-No interest in making a playoff run and won't mortgage the future.
-Doesn't care about making the playoffs this year and is just happy they're playing meaningful games.
-Really excited about the first round of the draft and thinks we'll get a great offensive player even if we make the playoffs.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Love of god was Burke's defence of Chiarelli awful. Just pure "all nhl GMs are great guys" bullshit

Yeah thank god Ovi was taken for the concusion protocol that seemed pretty clear. Hopefully he's clear.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is really nice. I'm a big fan of that logo. The old one was kinda shite.

I have a lot of nostalgia for the leaping cat, and the inaugural jersey. But the new logo and jersey design just looks regal, and I love all of the little nods and allusions to the Florida state flag. Kind of the reason why I like the away version more. So happy to finally have a Canadian team issued jersey as well, and it was $30 cheaper than an Adidas authentic. Gonna send it off to IceJerseys for customization over the Summer.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of nostalgia for the leaping cat, and the inaugural jersey. But the new logo and jersey design just looks regal, and I love all of the little nods and allusions to the Florida state flag. Kind of the reason why I like the away version more. So happy to finally have a Canadian team issued jersey as well, and it was $30 cheaper than an Adidas authentic. Gonna send it off to IceJerseys for customization over the Summer.

Marvie and I swapped jerseys, and I've got some others laying around that I want to get done. Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.