• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Stars win!

tumblr_nqk71f94nc1upe1ufo1_500.gif

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
When you are fat slow overpaid bitch that's a liability every time you are on the ice. #MAGA doe

Dv80wxqXcAEMY7T.jpg

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With Hutch in net, I think this "Next Gen Game" is only going to inspire another generation of disappointed Leafs fans.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Price being chosen to go to the All Star game over Domi or Petry is pretty fucking stupid and I'm sure he would agree. He could also use the time off, hopefully he backs out.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Price being chosen to go to the All Star game over Domi or Petry is pretty fucking stupid and I'm sure he would agree. He could also use the time off, hopefully he backs out.
unfortunately the stringent all star selection rules almost necessitated it

if they sent Domi then a different even more deserving forward would have been snubbed for sure

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
unfortunately the stringent all star selection rules almost necessitated it

if they sent Domi then a different even more deserving forward would have been snubbed for sure
That's true, just a stupid setup overall. I haven't tuned into the All Star game in a few years anyways.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Some thoughts from the game last night:

-Hogberg was good for the Sens, especially in the first when the Canucks carried the play. Give Petey enough open looks though, and he'll score. The Sens defense is... not good.
-Sens did well to tie it late. The Canucks got a bit sloppy and complacent and let them back into it.
-Boeser had 7 shots but missed a few and whiffed on one opportunity. His shot still isn't 100% but he made some good passes to Pettersson.
-Leivo was injured so Green rotated some wingers on Pettersson's line. Baertschi looked like the best fit, but we may see Goldobin back there tonight.
-Pettersson was on both power play units. I notice though that he usually just stands at the blue line and tries to "sneak" into the zone behind the puck carrier. While he did score, I thought he was too cute at times and tried to feather a cross-ice feed, which got picked off and resulted in a breakaway the other way.

With Horvat's line deployed defensively, the Canucks were a one-line team when it comes to scoring. We'll see what happens when Sutter is back to take on more shutdown duties.

EDIT: also they were showing the World Juniors on the Jumbotron. We saw Canada's goal and then the penalty shot during intermission. When they cut away to start the third, the crowd booed. And they booed more when they showed the final score.

Last edited:

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Some thoughts from the game last night:

-Hogberg was good for the Sens, especially in the first when the Canucks carried the play. Give Petey enough open looks though, and he'll score. The Sens defense is... not good.
-Sens did well to tie it late. The Canucks got a bit sloppy and complacent and let them back into it.
-Boeser had 7 shots but missed a few and whiffed on one opportunity. His shot still isn't 100% but he made some good passes to Pettersson.
-Leivo was injured so Green rotated some wingers on Pettersson's line. Baertschi looked like the best fit, but we may see Goldobin back there tonight.
-Pettersson was on both power play units. I notice though that he usually just stands at the blue line and tries to "sneak" into the zone behind the puck carrier. While he did score, I thought he was too cute at times and tried to feather a cross-ice feed, which got picked off and resulted in a breakaway the other way.

With Horvat's line deployed defensively, the Canucks were a one-line team when it comes to scoring. We'll see what happens when Sutter is back to take on more shutdown duties.

EDIT: also they were showing the World Juniors on the Jumbotron. We saw Canada's goal and then the penalty shot during intermission. When they cut away to start the third, the crowd booed. And they booed more when they showed the final score.
What did you think of Horvat's line? Is he still capably shutting down offences?

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I feel for Sparks and hope he's not concussed. I'm excited to see Hutchison though, and hope he will steal the back-up role. Sparks may have a decent record, but he swims a lot and I don't have confidence in him.

I wish I was home to watch it from the start since class ended early, but I scheduled a meeting for later this afternoon without knowing it was day game day.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
Pens haven't beat a playoff contender since 12/19 (Caps). Next game will be a good test.
Yea and to be fair, some of the games we've been winning look a lot better on the scoresheet than when watching. Even Sid said that 6-1 win over St Louis was a lot closer of a game than that. Still, pretty much smacked NYR

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Did anyone play that game the Leafs released on their app to promote this tilt? I spent maybe 30 or 45 minutes with it overall

Oct 25, 2017
This is so corny, if they really want kids to come to games they should bring back the Coca-Cola zone

That kid standing beside Boudreau is so taking his job

Status
Not open for further replies.