• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
There used to be enthusiasm for the Habs back in 2011-2013 or so, I used to watch the games with my dad, friends, people talked about it. Not anymore. I wonder if Molson has felt the impact on their bottom line. I would imagine a lot of bars and restaurants would be affected I put the games on while doing other stuff, I barely know the players anymore.

there's only so much broken promises the general public can take, this Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Romanov and etc. deal sounds exactly like every promises since 1995

Don't forget that Habs popularity was falling apart until the masterful PR work for the teams 100th year and they cruised on that hype for close to 10 years. I feel like we're now back to growing cynicism/indifference

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Preds play the Hawks tonight. Preds are 4-0-1 since the losing streak, including beating Washington and Toronto, so naturally I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

On the other hand, it's on NBC so at least I get a reprieve from the palace of secondhand embarrassment that is Fox Sports TN
And its in Chicago so I dont have to listen to the lame ass Preds crowd!

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there actually a promise re: Romanov? Has the organization said much? Or did he just have a good Jrs tournament over 7 games and Habs fans are getting themselves hyped?
I didn't even know he was part of the habs organisation and he definitely stood out. Its the juniors tho so it doesn't mean much.

Oct 26, 2017
disclaimer if we got one Pettersson the public opinion could shift, I like Kotkaniemi but i'd sure love to see a Habs player come in and kill it right away for once in my lifetime instead of the usual "well he's young and he's progressing and it's a process and blablabla!" that never seems to actually pan out

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
After starting the season slowly, Erik Karlsson has 25 points in his last 14 games. He only has 3 goals this season, but his 41 points in 43 games puts him tied for 3rd in scoring among defencemen. Burns leads with 49 points and Rielly has 45.

Chabot has 38 points in 38 games.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
These All Star jerseys look like...nothing. And it bothers me that the Rangers one doesn't use our jersey lettering.

Oct 25, 2017
the last one

i'm reading he's the next Weber/Karlsson hybrid and he has a gigantic dong
Habs fans being modest with their prospect projection, as always
disclaimer if we got one Pettersson the public opinion could shift, I like Kotkaniemi but i'd sure love to see a Habs player come in and kill it right away for once in my lifetime instead of the usual "well he's young and he's progressing and it's a process and blablabla!" that never seems to actually pan out
You could have drafted Quinn Hughes instead of Kotkaniemi!

Also: Petey :(

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
After starting the season slowly, Erik Karlsson has 25 points in his last 14 games. He only has 3 goals this season, but his 41 points in 43 games puts him tied for 3rd in scoring among defencemen. Burns leads with 49 points and Rielly has 45.

Chabot has 38 points in 38 games.
Karlsson has been straight up incredible since the terrible Ottawa loss. It's seems like he had to get through that game to settle down and play his game. Before that, it was looking like he wasn't going to gel. I think the bullshit suspension he got also fired him up.

NHL All-Star Game jerseys
OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
cut.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-adidas...-2019-all-star-game/c-303678890?tid=277549086

I don't hate the jerseys, but it looks lazy when they just took the Sharks' template and swapped out the logos with each team.

Pros:
Recycled material
Individual team logos for each player

Cons:
Not utilizing each team's template
I don't usually hate on black and white colour schemes, but it screams lazy in this instance

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The Blues one looks cool since they changed the logo to all-white. It stands out.

Coyotes too, although the Coyotes have a meh logo to begin with.

All the other jerseys meh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad for the fairweather Habs fans in here, because it's a very good season right now. They play exciting hockey and never give up. Sure they lack high-end talent, but they're fast and they play fun hockey.

But yeah, I wish we had a Petterson, a McDavid or another one of those really talented kids who'll never win anything because they play in a shitty town

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm sad for the fairweather Habs fans in here, because it's a very good season right now. They play exciting hockey and never give up. Sure they lack high-end talent, but they're fast and they play fun hockey.

But yeah, I wish we had a Petterson, a McDavid or another one of those really talented kids who'll never win anything because they play in a shitty town
I'm sure if we keep drafting. We'll find that one stud. I'm certain.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
So those are the actual All-Star Game jerseys, and not just some new one-off jersey for each team for fans to buy? It's nice that they're using the team logos without it being confusing, but they're pretty lazy and ugly looking. Another ASG jersey I won't be buying. (I've never bought one, but wouldn't mind a Sundin or Matthews one).

Oct 26, 2017

that was both a sweet message AND a decent punch directed at other teams fans, good job

Oct 25, 2017
Petterson? Why would you want a Petterson?

Elias Pettersson, meanwhile, plays in the wonderful city of Vancouver and will probably win a lot of things provided second-rate prospects like Kotkaniemi don't continue to awkwardly injure him.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
Also, Discord sucks. Forums are dated, IM apps are trash if you aren't actively engaged in a convo 24/7 so I propose we take this community back to basics - a Usenet newsgroup discussion. Or maybe an email digest listserv?
I've been a member of a local astronomy club for over a decade now and I swear to fucking god their primary form of communication is an email digest listserv. Attempts to move off of it have resulted in so much contention that people have literally left the club over it. We don't talk about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.