• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Why did Era's alert system bring me here saying that you quoted me in this post? I have been summoned and I will not leave without either answers or a fight.
Because for some reason, when I quoted the other posts, it added one of yours from weeks ago to the quote pile. I deleted it though. I am sorry for the inconvenience, sir.

We can still fight if you want.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

i like it

zGARYsO.png

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Rick Nash deserved a better finish to his career, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Personally I can't think of a player more underappreciated by the Rangers fanbase as a whole than Nash.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure many would be pissed if Matthews fucked off to Arizona after reassurances he would stay with the club when he hits UFA. I don't blame Isles fans for the hard feelings.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's too bad Rick Nash is still dealing with concussion symptoms and had to retire. I hope they will improve drastically soon.

I hated seeing him in a Bruins jersey, because he was a good, easy to like player.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure many would be pissed if Matthews fucked off to Arizona after reassurances he would stay with the club when he hits UFA. I don't blame Isles fans for the hard feelings.
Fans that get mad at a player for leaving are shit anyways and shouldn't be listened to. The player doesn't owe the fans anything, they should always strive to do what they feel is right or what benefits them the most.

Edit: and even tho it looks like Matthews likes the attention he gets in Toronto, going back to Phoenix has to be attractive as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Fans that get mad at a player for leaving are shit anyways and shouldn't be listened to. The player doesn't owe the fans anything, they should always strive to do what they feel is right or what benefits them the most.
Alright there, Leafs fan. How do you expect fans to react when a franchise player that could have gotten a massive return if traded remains committed to the possibility of resigning and then in an almost unprecedented turn takes them all the way to July 1st and signs with another team while bleating about what a tortured decision it was? I said the same shit when I left my previous job to make people feel better but of course I knew what I was doing the entire time... gave them significant notice to replace me, though there aren't draft picks in white collar jobs so far as I know

Tavares can absolutely do whatever the hell he wants. But when there are other human beings involved no one should act surprised when there are consequences

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I didn't vote. Maybe I should've.

Oh well, though. It's just the ASG. I would prefer it if Matthews could rest instead.

Best of luck to Rick Nash as well.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright there, Leafs fan. How do you expect fans to react when a franchise player that could have gotten a massive return if traded remains committed to the possibility of resigning and then in an almost unprecedented turn takes them all the way to July 1st and signs with another team while bleating about what a tortured decision it was? I said the same shit when I left my previous job to make people feel better but of course I knew what I was doing the entire time... gave them significant notice to replace me, though there aren't draft picks in white collar jobs so far as I know

Tavares can absolutely do whatever the hell he wants. But when there are other human beings involved no one should act surprised when there are consequences
Ehh, that's on NYI management for assuming he would resign. That's who the fans should be upset with, not the player.

I'd love to know what was actually said between Tavares and NYI.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017

It'll happen with Matthews.. so i'll tell you either real soon (if a team would actually do this if he hasn't signed), or in 6-8 years. :)

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Matthews can return to Arizona when he's not in his prime. That's fine. We'll keep him for the next 8+ years though. Hopefully 12.

Imagine going back in time and saying there'd be even slight fear about a Leafs star being lost to Arizona.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
you seem very confident about this.

Not as confident as I'd like to be, but I'm remaining hopeful. Matthews is obviously having a lot of fun having Mitch Marner, Patrick Marleau, William Nylander, Morgan Rielly and Freddie Andersen as teammates. I don't think he'll want to leave or abandon those guys, especially with a chance to win. Arizona isn't even close.

I can see him wanting to play there before his career ends, in the future, if they're still around.

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, that's on NYI management for assuming he would resign. That's who the fans should be upset with, not the player.

I'd love to know what was actually said between Tavares and NYI.
Again, this is convenience with hindsight. This was a first overall pick and the face of the franchise that would be impossible to replace. How would fans have responded if NYI had traded Tavares when people were still convinced he would stay? Tavares would not have responded by saying he was going to leave anyway; he would have put the onus on the Islanders.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Myers day to day, so Niku gets to play. The bottom 4 defensemen will all be LHD tonight, and 2 of them will be AHL callups. Enjoy your two points Detroit!

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, think I'm going to have to pass on that. We don't have anyone of like Taylor Hall caliber available in exchange so why even bother dreaming.

Man, it wasn't that long ago I was hoping the Jets would draft Slater Koekkoek maybe instead of Jacob Trouba or else, a couple of years later, get him in a trade. Maybe this is why I'm not an NHL director of scouting?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Joel Armia? We sent him to Montreal to teach Kotkaniemi how to work the puck to the slot through hard work and a dash of skill then miss the net by 6 feet

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Is this a Sundin reference?

Oct 25, 2017
OK so the Bolts have traded the following 1st round picks since 2010:

Brett Howden #27 (McDonagh, Miller)
Tony DeAngelo #19 (McDonagh, Miller via Hajek)
Jonathan Drouin #3 (Sergachev)
Slater Koekkoek #10 (Rutta)
Vlad Namestnikov #27 (McDonagh, Miller)
Brett Connolly #6 (two 2nds: Spencer, Katchouk)

The lone 1sts remaining:

Vasilevskiy #19
Cal Foote #14

While the following are on their active roster:

Nikita Kucherov #58
Ondrej Palat #208
Cedric Paquette #101
Adam Erne #33
Brayden Point #79
Anthony Cirelli #72
Mathieu Joseph #120

Dat 2nd round drafting

Oct 26, 2017
and Timmins stans always defend him by saying he got Pacioretty in the second round. Tampa got like 4 of him in the second round

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
imagine all the Brian Boyles and Tomas Plekanecs you could trade for instead of drafting Kucherov, Point, etc.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sad to see Rutta go at this point. He looked great when he came over last year but he wasnt the same player after he came back from injuries.

I still cant believe that almost the entire NHL passed over Kucherov.....twice.
A lot of things look stupid as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.