• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Has Creeper gone too far?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Definitely

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • No...lol jk, yeah

Votes: 32 40.0%
  • Always

Votes: 30 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
The Islanders are currently leading the Metro division...

Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png

Space Acorn

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I feel I just do not understand the Leafs and I never fucking will. Same shit season after season where we just can't handle teams that pressure us hard and don't give us the time to make plays. Is it the players, is it Bab's systems? I have no clue anymore, just so frustrating when teams that don't have nearly the skill that we do can stifle us based on their style of play and don't seem to have any problems bringing the puck up with possession and work as a complete line. Every team goes through tough stretches, but I feel like we've laid more complete eggs this season than other good teams and it's almost bewildering when we have these kind of weak games considering how we can play. I enjoy being a regular playoff team vs. what we were, but the lack of consistency drives you nuts.

Side-note hot-take: Marner is a better player than Matthews and the contract speculation if anything should be flipped around between them. Marner is so damned good and he can do it all, brilliant passing, accurate if not powerful shot, unreal creativity/vision, defensively strong, great PK, always tons of effort, and his body position and ability to roll off checks is phenomenal. Matthews is an amazing opportunistic player as he can usually score at will if you give him space, but he hasn't yet developed the ability to drive a line like Marner does and outplay/outpossess the other teams' match-up line. 'Course, Marner has Tavares to play with this year, but I just haven't seen Matthews as a complete player yet in his admittedly early career. Maybe unfair and reactionary, but it pisses you off when he's so often checked hard and the line can't accomplish anything after seeing how completely dominant he can be in stretches - like it's two different players. Hopefully injuries aren't setting him back too far, he has all the skill in the world, just needs to be able to use his teammates more and maybe change his style of play a bit as no one is giving him room anymore.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Man the Leafs are straight trash. It was fun at the Panthers arena but I'm friggin 0 for 3 now attending Leafs game versus the Panthers in Florida.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Good win tonight, Price is looking like his regular self the past 2 months now. The fact the Habs are were they are in the standings with the leagues worst PP is huge.

Taking a quick break from talking trash, I don't often get personal here so excuse me for a brief moment while I do.

I don't know if any of you guys recall at the old place, probably 1.5 years back, me telling you how my girlfriend broke up with me on our 3rd anniversary, how we lived together and had 2 dogs together, and the rest of that. I haven't mentioned it since then but I want to now.

What happened since that day is we worked on it. Hard. We still lived together and loved each other so we just kept working at it a day at a time. And my God it was fucking hard. But we kept at it. Because it was worth it. And day by day, so slowly that it was barely noticeable, we repaired our relationship. I can unequivocally say that 2017 was the worst year of my life from a relationship perspective. I can also say that 2018 was one of the very best.

Lots happened since then. We had to put our old dog down, which was one of the hardest things I've ever done. We started building a house together almost a year to the day that I thought our relationship was dead, and we are moving into it soon.

And now Im thrilled to say we are expecting our first child this summer, which is the most amazing feeling ever. Anyways, that's enough personal blabber from me. Just wanted to share with my ERA bros.
Just saw this now, congrats man, that's pretty amazing, name him/ her Alex. Funny watching people from this community continue to grow and develop.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Taking a quick break from talking trash, I don't often get personal here so excuse me for a brief moment while I do.

I don't know if any of you guys recall at the old place, probably 1.5 years back, me telling you how my girlfriend broke up with me on our 3rd anniversary, how we lived together and had 2 dogs together, and the rest of that. I haven't mentioned it since then but I want to now.

What happened since that day is we worked on it. Hard. We still lived together and loved each other so we just kept working at it a day at a time. And my God it was fucking hard. But we kept at it. Because it was worth it. And day by day, so slowly that it was barely noticeable, we repaired our relationship. I can unequivocally say that 2017 was the worst year of my life from a relationship perspective. I can also say that 2018 was one of the very best.

Lots happened since then. We had to put our old dog down, which was one of the hardest things I've ever done. We started building a house together almost a year to the day that I thought our relationship was dead, and we are moving into it soon.

And now Im thrilled to say we are expecting our first child this summer, which is the most amazing feeling ever. Anyways, that's enough personal blabber from me. Just wanted to share with my ERA bros.

I can't understate how happy I am to read this, and how happy I am for you and your girlfriend. Confratufuckinglations Solo, I'll be pouring one out for ya. And welcome to your new life!!!

Pepps

Oct 28, 2017
"Brown now on the Matthews line..." after Brown has been on that line for like 10 shifts. Greg Millen commentary almost as frustrating as the Leafs' play.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this now, congrats man, that's pretty amazing, name him/ her Alex. Funny watching people from this community continue to grow and develop.

It legit brings me joy to see people in our community grow and develop into even better people, and have huge positive life events happen to them.

Keep it up, NHL era.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Lone_Prodigy you're married?! Since when?

Socreges your wife is expecting?

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING.

you guys all know what this means right? We definitely gotta do an NHLERA pickup game at some point. I remember we talked about that..... Years ago. Life goes fast man.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Woo, Gratz Hab Solo.

Thank you good sir!

Thanks man. I actually do/always have really liked Alex as a name (just the shortened version, not Alexander), but it doesnt flow great with my last name and one of our good friends has a child named that, so it's off the table.

Jesperi on the other hand...... lol

I can't understate how happy I am to read this, and how happy I am for you and your girlfriend. Confratufuckinglations Solo, I'll be pouring one out for ya. And welcome to your new life!!!

Thank you Smiley my friend! It truly means a lot. It took everything I have to turn things around and get to this point, but my God am I ever happy I fought for it.

You guys are just the best. Even Leafs ERA. Wishing all the best to everyone.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
My promise to myself as a huge Montreal fan in the beginning of the year: Order an autenthic Montreal jersey if they go to playoffs this year.

However, as a huge Montreal fan and seeing the team as exciting and fun as it is this year, I frankly don't care about wether we win or not. This is the first time in Y E A R S that I do my best to catch all the games I can, every week. And I live in Sweden lol.

Just ordered a Kotkaniemi Home jersey, $50 Shipping.
Its worth it.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel I just do not understand the Leafs and I never fucking will. Same shit season after season where we just can't handle teams that pressure us hard and don't give us the time to make plays. Is it the players, is it Bab's systems? I have no clue anymore, just so frustrating when teams that don't have nearly the skill that we do can stifle us based on their style of play and don't seem to have any problems bringing the puck up with possession and work as a complete line. Every team goes through tough stretches, but I feel like we've laid more complete eggs this season than other good teams and it's almost bewildering when we have these kind of weak games considering how we can play. I enjoy being a regular playoff team vs. what we were, but the lack of consistency drives you nuts.

Side-note hot-take: Marner is a better player than Matthews and the contract speculation if anything should be flipped around between them. Marner is so damned good and he can do it all, brilliant passing, accurate if not powerful shot, unreal creativity/vision, defensively strong, great PK, always tons of effort, and his body position and ability to roll off checks is phenomenal. Matthews is an amazing opportunistic player as he can usually score at will if you give him space, but he hasn't yet developed the ability to drive a line like Marner does and outplay/outpossess the other teams' match-up line. 'Course, Marner has Tavares to play with this year, but I just haven't seen Matthews as a complete player yet in his admittedly early career. Maybe unfair and reactionary, but it pisses you off when he's so often checked hard and the line can't accomplish anything after seeing how completely dominant he can be in stretches - like it's two different players. Hopefully injuries aren't setting him back too far, he has all the skill in the world, just needs to be able to use his teammates more and maybe change his style of play a bit as no one is giving him room anymore.

its the defense, it a has been for a while now and they aren't doing anything about it.

Oct 25, 2017

Much love Solo, happy to see all this news.

Just don't trust Creeper's babysitting service

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Thank you good sir!

Thanks man. I actually do/always have really liked Alex as a name (just the shortened version, not Alexander), but it doesnt flow great with my last name and one of our good friends has a child named that, so it's off the table.

Jesperi on the other hand...... lol

Thank you Smiley my friend! It truly means a lot. It took everything I have to turn things around and get to this point, but my God am I ever happy I fought for it.

You guys are just the best. Even Leafs ERA. Wishing all the best to everyone.

Hey just saw your posts. Happy for you!

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Guys please Solo is just distracting you from the fact that the Laffs are one point away from falling to the wild card spot ahahahahahhahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CUP CONTENDERS 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

AS GOOD AS TAMPA LMAOOOOO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RON hainsey top pairing dman 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁😁😁

HALL OF FAME PLAYERSS 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

Bobby fat ass 32 year old Ryan has a better PPG or more points than the following hall of famers, best passers in the league, and 100 point players.

Kapenen 💨
Nylander 📝
Kadri 💩
Gardiner 👻
Johnsson 🍆
Marleau 👴
Brown👞
Hyman 🍑
And the rest of the trash 🚮

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Solo attaboy. Congrats on the son/daughter and good luck. :)

Thanks man! Hope we see Habs/Leafs in Round 1!

Much love Solo, happy to see all this news.

Just don't trust Creeper's babysitting service

Thanks dubbed! Creeper would trade the kid for a cat so I will be avoiding the service.

Hey just saw your posts. Happy for you!

Thanks man. I hope the Leafs get deep into the playoffs....before collapsing ;)

Cake 😄

Oct 26, 2017
Guys please Solo is just distracting you from the fact that the Laffs are one point away from falling to the wild card spot ahahahahahhahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CUP CONTENDERS 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

AS GOOD AS TAMPA LMAOOOOO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

RON hainsey top pairing dman 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁😁😁

HALL OF FAME PLAYERSS 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

Bobby fat ass 32 year old Ryan has a better PPG or more points than the following hall of famers, best passers in the league, and 100 point players.

Kapenen 💨
Nylander 📝
Kadri 💩
Gardiner 👻
Johnsson 🍆
Marleau 👴
Brown👞
Hyman 🍑
And the rest of the trash 🚮

Solo : hey y'all i'm gonna have a child
Everyone: congratulations to you, friend Solo
Leafs fans: Leafs players have child sometimes btw Matthews was a child once he was the best child haha by far omg Matthews good btw so what's up with Hyman yo Nylander is good GO LEAFS GO leafs leafs leafs leafs the 6 bruh go jays leafs

Oct 25, 2017
2m23q4osibb21.png

1A Nilsson

this wont last obviously but the Canucks insisted on starting him in mainly tough games, which hurt his numbers and value. nice to see him doing well

Uses his size really well a couple times and has the athleticism to kick out the pad and cover an open net. He's gonna be a starter in this league - hopefully a really good one. Thinking it's about 70-30 for Markstrom this season and then closer to 50-50 next year, depending on how each does

Last edited:

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
I hate my fucking team. The makings of an excellent core in Horvat, Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, and hopefully Hughes. After that? Nothing. And instead of acquiring more picks to draft more elite players, we're gunna waste our assets on an ill-advised playoff run. The bare minimum for this TDL is Sutter and one of Tanev, Edler, or Gudbranson need to be gone for picks. Anything else is an abject failure on the part of management.

And fuck the Central. I knew the Pacific was a dumpster fire but I really didn't expect that entire division to turn to shit and put the Canucks in a playoff position. The only team who has any excuse to be this bad is the Hawks and they have three cups to show for it. Fix your shit.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
My promise to myself as a huge Montreal fan in the beginning of the year: Order an autenthic Montreal jersey if they go to playoffs this year.

However, as a huge Montreal fan and seeing the team as exciting and fun as it is this year, I frankly don't care about wether we win or not. This is the first time in Y E A R S that I do my best to catch all the games I can, every week. And I live in Sweden lol.

Its worth it.

Awesome

How'd you swing such a great deal?

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Its worth it.

Sick deal for a Kotkaniemi Jersey. I hope he keeps the Number 15. i didn't like it at first but it's grown on me.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
I hate my fucking team. The makings of an excellent core in Horvat, Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, and hopefully Hughes. After that? Nothing. And instead of acquiring more picks to draft more elite players, we're gunna waste our assets on an ill-advised playoff run. The bare minimum for this TDL is Sutter and one of Tanev, Edler, or Gudbranson need to be gone for picks. Anything else is an abject failure on the part of management.

And fuck the Central. I knew the Pacific was a dumpster fire but I really didn't expect that entire division to turn to shit and put the Canucks in a playoff position. The only team who has any excuse to be this bad is the Hawks and they have three cups to show for it. Fix your shit.
Stars can give you Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, John Klingberg, Miro Heisaken, Ben Bishop, Radek Faksa, Esa Lindell and Matthis Janmark for Tanev, Sutter, Edler, Gudbranson and Markstrom.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Stars can give you Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, John Klingberg, Miro Heisaken, Ben Bishop, Radek Faksa, Esa Lindell and Matthis Janmark for Tanev, Sutter, Edler, Gudbranson and Markstrom.
I would say yes but unfortunately, Benning was part of the Boston braintrust that traded Seguin. Canucks would decline because of a lack of character.

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what did you expect? This ownership group and management were ALWAYS going to push and go in the opposite direction if they felt playoffs were possible. This is why losing Linden mattered. This is why hoping for losses mattered. Not just for draft position, but to encourage them to continue with the rebuild. But they are -this close- to declaring the rebuild over and you know they probably believe it at times.

Also, waste our assets? You think Benning is gonna go on a shopping spree?

mo60

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
The ducks win yet again, but get outshot severely yet again by their opponents. The hell.

It's like they put a small bandaid on the problems plauging their season.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, what did you expect? This ownership group and management were ALWAYS going to push and go in the opposite direction if they felt playoffs were possible. This is why losing Linden mattered. This is why hoping for losses mattered. Not just for draft position, but to encourage them to continue with the rebuild. But they are -this close- to declaring the rebuild over and you know they probably believe it at times.

Also, waste our assets? You think Benning is gonna go on a shopping spree?
I expected them to do this once Linden was out of the picture. I just hoped everyone else wouldn't simultaneously suck ass and force us into a playoff spot. I'm relying on goddamn Edmonton to save us from Benning and Aquilini!

I'm more worried about wasting the assets by not doing anything. We could get something for Sutter, Tanev, Edler, and Gudbranson. We probably won't move any for picks and maybe one for a RHD they think will make an immediate impact. Their values will only continue to plummet.

Also now I'm worried about keeping our first round pick but if that goes, it'll happen on draft day.

Oct 25, 2017
One game and canucks fans think Demko is a NHL starter. Weo
Until a goalie puts together 3 seasons with decent numbers I don't view them as a starter. Too many flash in the pans
Who are these Canucks fans you're talking about? If you're taking me specifically to task then acknowledge that I said "gonna be" and not "is". Which itself is a leap of faith, I know, and I rarely speak in absolute terms about Canucks prospects.

He is obviously not a starter yet; that comes with sample size and good/poor decisions from management. But I've watched him in college and the AHL and now the NHL and I'm willing to put myself out there and believe in Demko. He has all of the right components (size, athleticism, adaptability) and his main obstacle will be mental stability.

Also, I said either here or on Discord that the 2nd goal was soft. He wasn't perfect. This isn't about being so impressed that I speak in superlatives. I would have said the same before the game but it was really cool to see it in person.

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the jets play well and get a point. Would make their upcoming long break a ot easier to handle than if they lay an egg vs a struggling team. OTL would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.