• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's such fake bullshit they can't even say BLM it's just "Social Justice!"

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I would like to see players actually bring actual protest into the game instead of this NHL approved empty message. Especially after Ass Face Jr. likes what they're doing (nothing).

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how much of this is because of the NHL's control over actions within the bubble? Regardless, players can still make a stand and they're not. Even Kadri making comments about the NHL needing to do more, force them, take a knee man. Like it's simple, and yet not happening. You had a chance to really make a statement but refused, why?

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how much of this is because of the NHL's control over actions within the bubble? Regardless, players can still make a stand and they're not. Even Kadri making comments about the NHL needing to do more, force them, take a knee man. Like it's simple, and yet not happening. You had a chance to really make a statement but refused, why?

What do you mean? I can't imagine "taking a knee" would be covered as "not allowed" in any sort of contract/agreement.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I can appreciate seeing players lock arms, stand in a circle, and how ever else they've done this, if it wasn't a controlled, tame message by the NHL and the players. They don't want to risk alienating their white fans and it really shows.

I don't even just question the league, but the players as well. Tuuka Rask wearing a police hat while being interviewed is such a bad move, and the NHL fucking up their BLM message earlier on too. You've got minority players speaking out that efforts by the league just aren't enough. We're well past "well, they're trying at least", and firmly in "if you're gonna support us, you gotta go all the way in."

Oct 25, 2017
EeKYuBEWsAA8ASj

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So i'm gonna start making a playoff OT and a Off season OT today. The off season OT will be in Hangouts and the playoff OT will be regular Etc Forum. I'm gonna be busy

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect the NHL to make any kind of bold statement in all of this. They'll play it safe always and ensure none of their teams or players look out of line. It's my biggest issue with the NHL: How they're so rigid and robotic, and players can't just be their own personality.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances the league will see this and say "fuck that" and require kneeling for the start of the 'yoffs?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
League sports should stop playing anthems before games. Anthems should be only used for international comps involving national teams.

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
WTF Creeper where is the new thread, I was promised one.

Is this another scam?
I was told that the Creeper+ Season Pass expired after June, despite this season still running. I feel ripped off.
Don't believe creeper's lies.
Everything creeper does is a scam.

Okay you Babies

NEW THREAD LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Can a Mod lock this one? thanks

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nhl-stanley-cup-bubble-playoffs-2020-ioti-2-hubs-1-cup.259587/

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to invade a hockey thread, but just watching Bettman talk about BLM and racism in hockey makes me hate him so much. lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Any way to see what he said?

Fuck Bettman forever and always. NHL's response has been a disgrace.
I think they'll clip it for a separate video, but you can see it in part of this broadcast at about 32 minutes:
youtu.be

Ontarians get a voluntary COVID-19 exposure app — CBC News: The National | July 31, 2020

Ontarians get a voluntary COVID-19 exposure notification app. U.S. infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, testifies before Congress on the Trump admin...

Status
Not open for further replies.