• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oct 25, 2017

Marvin and I fought this morning just after coffee, I cut in line in front of him at Starbucks and he got heated. I got a few good shots in before Soc and Quick broke it up. Just blowing off steam is all. No need for the media to make a big deal out of it.

The rest of the posters loved it and took it just as a sign of wanting to do whatever it takes to win. As they should.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Marvin and I fought this morning just after coffee, I cut in line in front of him at Starbucks and he got heated. I got a few good shots in before Soc and Quick broke it up. Just blowing off steam is all. No need for the media to make a big deal out of it.

The rest of the posters loved it and took it just as a sign of wanting to do whatever it takes to win. As they should.
Uh that wasnt me. I dont drink coffee. :/

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Lemieux
Buchnevich-Strome-Fast
Howden-Chytil-Kakko
Haley-McKegg-Smith

Skjei-Trouba
Staal-DeAngelo
Lindgren-Fox

Georgiev
Lundqivst

Necessary to list the backup these days.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Jets are giving up on the season. Time to tank (and drastically upgrade at coach in the offseason).

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
7sWGzrO.gif

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
I am seriously regretting picking most of my season ticket games for the latter half of the season. :|

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Eric Engels has said the Habs will be sellers coming out of the break. Good to hear they've accepted it and won't be chasing a playoff spot. Now hopefully Bergevin can get something decent for Tatar.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017

Gritty is a true Philly mascot now

When I was at the game in Philly, he straight up shot 1/3 of a can of silly string into some kids face and all over his head. Kid had to be like 9 or 10, and Gritty just got him in the eyes and covered his entire head, I was surprised to see how nonchalant it was.

Oct 25, 2017

Can't believe Pat Morris would subtweet Soc, a noted discusser of issues, like this.

Sounds like this issue merits some discussion. 🤔

He's got one goalie as a client and it's Markstrom. We do like to discuss issues and particularly goalie issues. If they don't like it, request a trade, and then we don't need to discuss what to do with his contract over the next 3 seasons.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you pick McDavid over MacKinnon for Hart when Draisaitl is right there with McDavid while MacK's linemates were out for a significant amount of time and he still produced by himself.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you pick McDavid over MacKinnon for Hart when Draisaitl is right there with McDavid while MacK's linemates were out for a significant amount of time and he still produced by himself.

Because the Hart is stupid. It's not even really MVP, it's Most Outstanding Player (usually forward unless the media fixates on a goaltender or defenseman) who happens to be on a playoff team. If it really were MVP in the sense that "this is the player most valuable to team success", I don't think MacKinnon nor McDavid win it because a goaltender somewhere is doing more to inflate a team than any forward.

I honestly wish they would fold it together with the Pearson and let it be Most Outstanding Player. It'd be McDavid #1, McKinnon #2 still, but it would be more honest.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Because the Hart is stupid. It's not even really MVP, it's Most Outstanding Player (usually forward unless the media fixates on a goaltender or defenseman) who happens to be on a playoff team.

I wish it were just Most Outstanding Player. And it would be McDavid.
There's literally a most outstanding player award too which is the Ted Lindsay which should go to McDavid. MacK should win the Hart if they were consistent as Hall won over him for similar reasons of point gap between teammates.

Also I don't get how MacK is the frontrunner for the Lady Byng when he's so heated on the ice. He only has 8 PIM or something but they're obviously not actually watching games.

Status
Not open for further replies.