• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
D0l1DJ7WkAA2niS.jpg

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017

HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah guys, after a fire sale that's lasted almost a year wherein I traded all the established (and expensive) top level talent on the team for 60 cents on the dollar and then fired the head coach for not being able to make the AHL caliber squad that's left a winner all the obstacles are gone! It's all up to you now, my work is done!

L-O-FUCKING-L

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
The Sharks have only 6 road games left and don't have to go to the East again. Hallelujah.

Oct 25, 2017

HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah guys, after a fire sale that's lasted almost a year wherein I traded all the established (and expensive) top level talent on the team for 60 cents on the dollar and then fired the head coach for not being able to make the AHL caliber squad that's left a winner all the obstacles are gone! It's all up to you now, my work is done!

Dorion is the goddamn worst, holy shit

Good luck, Marc

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Man I looked at some Boston articles following their win over the lightning. They are the worstttt. They played the bolts back up goalie on the second game of a back to back road trip first game going to overtime. They are like why are we so gooood

Oct 25, 2017

Ahahahaha

Also:

Flames reportedly offered Kylington and a 3rd for Edler. That would have been really good. Alas, Edler said no

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on your 50-save shutout

Jets have Ben Fucking Chiarot playing second pair with paperboy sized Sami Niku playing his off hand side. Enjoy your 4-1 victory.

Loser of this game gets swept by the Blues first round. Winner gets beat by the Blues in the second round but wins a couple probably.

EDIT:

I simply can't get over how the players, coaches and media just love Hendricks to death.

JeffG

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Jets have Ben Fucking Chiarot playing second pair with paperboy sized Sami Niku playing his off hand side. Enjoy your 4-1 victory.

Loser of this game gets swept by the Blues first round. Winner gets beat by the Blues in the second round but wins a couple probably.

EDIT:

I simply can't get over how the players, coaches and media just love Hendricks to death.

Edmonton went downhill after he left (Same yr they were picked to win cup)

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
After the 2017 playoffs I told some Oilers fans not to get their hopes up after just one good season. They were convinced Edmonton would be contenders for the next few years.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
After the 2017 playoffs I told some Oilers fans not to get their hopes up after just one good season. They were convinced Edmonton would be contenders for the next few years.
They should have been a contender. They had all the pieces to build around to make their success long lasting. The organization is just flat out incompetent.

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Idk how they fell apart. It seemed everything was going to be fine but then it happened again. That Lucic contract is pretty bad... and RNH is probably desperately looking for a way out after seeing the success Hall, Petry and Eberle are having

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I feel like even BargainBin could assemble at least a perennial playoff team with McDavid and Draisaitl to start with.
This is probably just a nuance thing. "all the pieces to build around" suggests, to me, that you also have, like, a young elite D and goalie. Or at least you have several very good pieces.

Oct 26, 2017
I would probably argue that the Oilers had most of the pieces BEFORE 2017 and that 2017 was a fluke.

2015-16 Oilers had McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, Eberle and RNH. You can build a pretty damn good team around those guys

Oct 25, 2017

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Kreider-Zibanejad-Vesey
Namestnikov-Strome-Fast
Lemieux-Andersson-Buchnevich
Smith-Nieves-Brickley

Staal-DeAngelo
Skjei-Shattenkirk
Hajek-Pionk

Lundqvist

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
The Canucks trading away a pick and then three years later trading the greatest defenceman in franchise history to the same team for the guy they could have taken with the aforementioned pick is the perfect microcosm of this management group's tenure.

And it's a testament to their past decision making that I think that would be one of the best moves they've ever made.

Oct 25, 2017
The Canucks trading away a pick and then three years later trading the greatest defenceman in franchise history to the same team for the guy they could have taken with the aforementioned pick is the perfect microcosm of this management group's tenure.

And it's a testament to their past decision making that I think that would be one of the best moves they've ever made.
It's even worse because that pick actually became Rasmus Andersson and he's a very good young RHD. We always felt we had won that trade but.... funny thing about acquiring draft picks and how it can turn out.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
can Barzal finish a fucking play for ONCE?? he's been so frustrating to watch lately, what happened to him?

already lost money because of him and im gonna lose more. DO SOMETHING.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Vlad Namestnikov was a monster that period. Unlucky that he only ended up with one goal.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I thought for sure Niemi would be in tonight instead of having Price play four games in a week.