• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Moonmoon play a GTAV role playing server and I'm confused by and terrified of the future, yet I'm ready for it to consume me.

I've been watching Summit play a lot of GTA RP the last week and it's been hilarious and looks fun as hell. As long as you can find a good community naturally.

I suggest we do the April NHL thread as a roleplay thread - I will play a sadsack hockey fan who is somehow incredibly disappointed by a team that is technically first place in its division.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching Summit play a lot of GTA RP the last week and it's been hilarious and looks fun as hell. As long as you can find a good community naturally.

I suggest we do the April NHL thread as a roleplay thread - I will play a sadsack hockey fan who is somehow incredibly disappointed by a team that is technically first place in its division.
This shit is so hilarious. Him and Summit are in the same server actually lol.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Summit trying SO HARD to be a good role player (he's not great at it but getting better) and bring value to his loose collection of criminal idiots by being a hotshot getaway driver is pure comedy gold. Last night they did a bank heist that was somehow stupidly funny and legit thrilling to watch - right up until Summit hit a tree and got launched from the car, dying because he forgot to wear his seatbelt while running from the cops looooool

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
If the playoffs started right now:

Hurricanes @ Capitals
Penguins @ Islanders
Blue Jackets @ Lightning
Maple Leafs @ Bruins

Stars @ Jets
Blues @ Predators
Coyotes....*checks notes*...yes, Coyotes @ Sharks
Golden Knights @ Flames

Oct 25, 2017
Summit trying SO HARD to be a good role player (he's not great at it but getting better) and bring value to his loose collection of criminal idiots by being a hotshot getaway driver is pure comedy gold. Last night they did a bank heist that was somehow stupidly funny and legit thrilling to watch - right up until Summit hit a tree and got launched from the car, dying because he forgot to wear his seatbelt while running from the cops looooool
After holiday's post I searched GTA RP and was sent to that video. What the fuck is this even? I played GTAV when it launched and never touched Online...seriously what is this? Why did the police officer bring him to the hospital? Since when do you put on seat belts?

I have many questions.

Oct 26, 2017
Of course the Preds didn't start playing until a 6-on-3 within the last six minutes of the game

There's like 4-5 people currently worth a shit on this team. Pekka isn't one of them either, he's got shit to work with in front of him but the goals he's been giving up lately are terrible. Unless he finds the fountain of youth like he did at the end of the 2017 season, he's going to be the backup sooner than later.

NHL Network took a dump on them after the 1st so I might not even get the satisfaction of people acting shocked when they crash out of the playoffs.

Just a shitshow season beyond the first month and a half.

Oct 26, 2017
Sharks/Knights/Flames fans should be happy. Those are actual functional teams.

Someone from the Central will almost certainly make the WCF, but it'll be because they outlasted garbage, not because they're good.

fallout

Oct 27, 2017
calder help my face is stuck

tenor.gif

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Bask, you can remain Solo Jr - we are having a daughter!
Congrats!

Does anybody in the west like their team and believe they have a chance?
Other than the Knights (ugh), no one should be really thrilled with their team. Both SJ and Calgary are really good teams with shaky goaltending as obvious concerns, the Jets and Preds are both frankly average teams with some good high end talent but odd roster weaknesses or lengthy stretches of sub-average team play. After their hot streak with an unknown minor league goalie the Blues have settled back into above average territory.

Bottom line, there's a good chance some rather ordinary team is going to come out of the West and beat the Lightning in the Finals and no one will know how the hell it happened.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Solo!

Other than the Knights (ugh), no one should be really thrilled with their team. Both SJ and Calgary are really good teams with shaky goaltending as obvious concerns, the Jets and Preds are both frankly average teams with some good high end talent but odd roster weaknesses or lengthy stretches of sub-average team play. After their hot streak with an unknown minor league goalie the Blues have settled back into above average territory.

Bottom line, there's a good chance some rather ordinary team is going to come out of the West and beat the Lightning in the Finals and no one will know how the hell it happened.

It's okay, the Jets and Preds will flip the switch in January February March April and then ride all the momentum to the Finals.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, the Jets and Preds will flip the switch in January February March April and then ride all the momentum to the Finals.

Hah, needless to say there is still a contingent of fans who believe exactly that. Or they just look at the standings and assume everything is fine without remembering how well the team played basically all of last year.

Oct 26, 2017

The average Preds fan has been giving apocalyptic takes longer than I have. Folks were ready to blow up the team in January when Fil and PK was back yet they still sucked.

I had the team as a first round exit before the season even started. They got exposed hard last playoffs.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I hope the Coyotes will make the playoffs. They seem to have our number though, so I wouldn't want to play them. Then again, that would mean the SCF, so...that's unlikely.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they are least make that motion blur/AA /whatever the fuck an option to toggle in Reach. I really wanted to play the game to see the story, but the blur makes it really hard for me to play :(

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The only Halo game I've played was Reach, and I really enjoyed it. I would play it again on Steam, especially if they have co-op.

Merguson

Oct 25, 2017
I've already bought her a tablet and created a YouTube account. I figure between the breastfeeding and that the parenting should mostly be taken care of

Sobering, no? Apparently Kuffner and Hirose are stepping in immediately for Detroit. Should be interesting to see how they do

*prepares to insert pro-Maple Leafs content in YouTube Kids*